Ah...yeah

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “Areum...Do you still like Mingyu?” Seungcheol stopped as they stroll home on the sidewalks a few blocks away from school.

 

    “I guess so...Why?” Areum raised a brow in confusing, at the same time observing Seungcheol’s strange expression. He seems utterly bitter in a way that she can’t really guess, more mysterious and hard to predict what he’s up to.

 

    “I think you should date him..” He took a deep breath before saying it and bite his lips, in a way he feels regret saying it.

 

    “Why do you suddenly say that…?” Areum said, chewing the back of the retainers in .

 

    “I think he likes you.” Seungcheol said, realizing that maybe he shouldn’t hide it from her.

 

    “But...I don’t want to date him.” She noticed his Seungcheol’s strange expression and how he returned to normal after she said that.

 

    “Are you sure?” Seungcheol said again with a more warm and worried tone.

 

    “Yeah it’s all good, now stop asking me weird questions will ya?” She beamed and continued walking followed by a confused looking boy behind her.

 

🎀🎀🎀🎀

 

    “Okay. Guys, tomorrow is the festival. Let’s do this.” Jihoon gather the performing group around and cheer everyone up.

    

 

    “Literally I am so anxious because I don’t know what kind of joke those two other hooligans in my group will make.” Areum sighed and glanced at the tall and chubby ones in the other side of the room trying to get the chorus choreography right.

 

    “Areum, do you want some icecream?” Mingyu called from across the room as he planned to go out and buy some icecream.

 

    “Sure.” She replied in between her conversation with Seungcheol.

 

    “What kind?” He interrupted again.

 

    “Strawberry ice cream sandwich.”  Seungcheol suppressed his annoyance and replied to Mingyu with a monotoned voice, Mingyu looked over to Areum waiting for her to confirmed the flavor and she nodded without hesitation.

    “Seungcheol, is there anything going on between you and Mingyu?” Areum turned to the guy standing across from her, demanding the answers to the things she’s seen recently.

 

    “No.” Seungcheol looked away from her and lowered his manly voice, acting like everything is normal.

 

    It’s actually been a few days now since Mingyu asked him the question. He acted like it never happened but he hasn’t stop thinking about it. Seungcheol has been more hesitated to climb over the small balcony next to his, maybe what Mingyu asked him triggered him to think about what he feels, for so long he really doesn’t believe in his feelings. He reassured to himself that he’ll keep being her bestfriend, nothing else will get in the way, and keep everything normal.  

 

    🎀🎀🎀🎀

 

    “Hey, Hey, Jang Areum, hey.” Bora slapped Areum with the pillow she has in her hand.

 

    “What?” The girl replied after regained her conscience.

 

    “Why are you zoning out?” Bora asked and furrowed her brows.

 

    “Just something irking me man.” Areum breathed in and straighten out her legs comfortably on her bed,”Seungcheol has been acting super weird and Mingyu is like all up in my face.”

 

    “Wow, do i can’t believe you doubt that he likes you..But what’s important is that do you like him?” Bora said, tilted her head waiting for an answer.

 

    “Uhh...I’ve always liked Mingyu…” Areum cleared .

 

    “Wow, much for non soundproof walls.” Seungcheol leaned against the wall separating him and Areum, sighed and throw the small basketball in the hoops across the room.

 

    “You don’t seem to like Mingyu though?” Aeyoung spoke up, after being quiet,”You don’t seem to blush anymore around him like you used to when we just transferred here, you used to beamed when he’s around or started talking to you, now, you act indifferent, you act like as if you’re talking to us when you’re around him, I bet you don’t even get butterflies around him.”

 

    “Hm...I don’t know.” Areum curled in a ball before shoot up,”You’re right...Now that I think of it, I haven’t gotten butterflies for Mingyu for a couple of weeks…” She widens her eyes as the blond boy on the other side of the wall stopped shooting the ball into the hoops.

 

    “Is there anyone you’ve been around a lot recently besides us?” Bora digged in more on this.

    “Uhh...Jeonghan?” Areum shrugged.

 

    “You and Jeonghan are sisters and besides, you two have been close since Kindergarden from what you told me, and I meant recently like recently!” Bora slapped the girl with a worm pillow.

 

    “Ow! Recently of course it’s Seungcheol! What kind of nonsense-” Areum shrieked after being slapped into her senses.

 

    “Wow. Jang Areum. Say no more, we’ll leave you to figure out what the hell you’re feeling. Because you’ll need that right now.”

    

🎀🎀🎀🎀

 

 

Areum spent the sleepless night thinking about the impossibles, though there is a performance tomorrow, she frowned and expected her concealer game to be strong and support her zombies eyes.

 

D-Day. Without a wink of sleep, Seungcheol got up and take a hot shower and shake his thoughts off.

 

“Choi Seungcheol, you’re crazy.” He whispered to himself as he dried his hair with a towel and wear a black pullover and harem pants with high tops instead of his uniform, it’s the festival, no one is gonna wear uniforms anyways, he thought, and this is what he’s wearing to perform and it’s quite comfortable.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter