Second Day

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why don’t you just tell him that you like him?” Seungcheol scooped a scoop from the bingsoo and questioned the depressed looking girl across from him.

 

“It’s so hard, he has all these girls crowded around him too..” Areum sighed.

 

“So..aren’t you two like best friends…?” Seungcheol raised a brow.

 

“Uhh, I don’t really have a best friend so if I have to say who’s my best friend, I would say it’s you.” Areum shrugged.

 

“o why shank yiu” He flipped his hair and replied like a drag queen.

 

“O wait I look cute today gotta take a selca.” Areum spontaneously said and pulled out her phone,”Pose, loser” She snapped the picture and posted on her Kakao Story and captioned it “blondie”.

 

The both left the icecream shop and walked quietly besides each other. Mainly because Seungcheol has been thinking of many possible ways to make Areum cheer up. He tried from soothing her, get ice cream sandwiches then bingsoo but she’s the first female best friend of him and he doesn’t usually do things like this. They kept walking for awhile on the long crowded city street without her saying anything, probably shredding herself about how she never got the guts to tell him that she likes him. Suddenly, she stopped in front of a souvenirs shop, she dragged Seungcheol in as soon as she saw the sign that says “Arcade upstairs”.

 

“ARCADE!” She squeaked happily.

 

“Let’s make a bet. If I win, you’ll do my homework for a month, If you win, I’ll carry your backpack to school for a month.” Seungcheol’s eyes light up as soon as he came up with an idea to cheer Areum up.

 

“Call.” Areum rubs her hands together evilly as they went straight to the basketball machine.

 

The only competitive one during this whole bet is, of course, Areum. She didn’t want to carry her 30 pounds backpack anyways. On the other hand, Seungcheol purposely loose several times and won a couple times just to make it less obvious. The moment she won, Areum jumped and screamed and Seungcheol secretly smiled knowing that he succeeded in making his best friend laugh. They proceed to go home for real this time, to entertain the both of them while walking the longest walk home, Seungcheol started to tell her on some of the stuff in his life back when he was in Daegu.

 

“I happened to be the class president then, not really a popular kid though, because I just don’t associate with the kids in the back of the class.” He said, reminiscing.

“But you got girls after you though, right?” She asked.

 

“Yeah that’s the part I didn’t like. You’re the only one that didn’t act like those girls back at my other school or as a matter of fact, this school. I don’t like having girls fall for me when I don’t feel the same towards them, if I like someone, I’ll pick the right time to tell them.” He sighed, looking back at the horrendous love letters that used to fall out of his locker.

 

“But didn’t you like somebody?” She asked another question.

 

“Yeah, she was an upperclassman, a year older than me, I never got the chance to tell her that I like her, because on the day that I was going to tell her how I feel, she ran towards me and told me that her crush asked her to be his girlfriend, we slowly drifted apart then, she was smitten with her boyfriend and forget about the rest of the world.” He said, taking in a deep breath.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter