Hella Day

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Areum lay dead on her bed, sighing at herself for being way stupid, getting sick when the weather's getting nice and spring is finally here. She snuggled under her thick blanket and she’d sneeze once in awhile. She huffed in frustration as she threw the last tissue in the box down to the small trash can under her bed. With Aeyoung and Bora are out and signing their lease for college, Areum felt as lonely as ever. She continuously checking on her phone, just because she’s extremely bored. Just then, she heard a thud and she jumped, to her relief, it’s her boyfriend jumping over from the other balcony.

 

“Hi babygirl. I’m back.” He opened the door and stepped in, he felt bad leaving her sides for a few hours, only because he had some errands he had to run for his parents.

 

 

Areum burrito-ed herself with her blanket and gave no reply. She frowned and coughed. Seungcheol smiled and proceeded to sit down on the bed next to her and softly kissed her forehead,”You still have a fever.” He picked up the syrup Areum’s mom got from work and poured onto a small measurement cup.

 

“It’s bitter.” She frowned again.

 

“But you have to drink it to get better.” He tucks her hair behind her ears.

 

“But…” She frustratedly sipped the syrup and quickly jug down water to get rid of the terrible taste in .

 

“See, it doesn’t kill you.” Seungcheol chuckled and pull her into his arms,”Stop wrapping yourself in a blanket, it’s just gonna make you feel worst.”

 

“I love you.” She murmured.

 

“I love you too.” He laughed lowly at her randomness,”Are the girls or your parents coming home soon?”

 

“No, Bora is staying at Hansol’s and so is Aeyoung, they’re going to see a movie or whatever.” She replied, snuggling up in his arms.

 

“Alright, I’ll stay here to monitor you.” He kissed her again, it’s like his favorite things in the world is showering his girlfriend with hugs and kisses.

 

Seungcheol spent the night distracting his girlfriend from her the pain soaring up and the pain of her head congestion. He selected out all her favorite movies, brought in hot chocolate. By 12AM, Areum is already drifting off to her dream land. He tightens his arms around her and gently pull themselves under the blanket. He drifted off to sleep himself. Seungcheol felt his arms being lifted through the night, somewhere around 3AM, Areum got up and grabbed her cough syrup placed across from the bed. He sighed as he noticed how her cough didn’t stop despite all of the medication she’s taking.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.” Areum said with a hoarse voice.

 

“Come here.” He pulled her over and placed his palm on her forehead,”Your fever went down.”

    “Seungcheol, I think you shouldn’t be in the room and I’m saying this with all the love in the world.” She looked at him and frowned,”It’s not like I don’t want you in the same bed or anything but I know I’ve been coughing everywhere.”

 

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it, get some sleep.” He smiled and she kissed him goodnight.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

“Lord have mercy today is not the day.” Bora open the door is immediately covered her eyes.

 

The sun shined on Seungcheol’s eyes and he woke up, to the peaceful girl clinging onto him and Bora still at the door.

 

“Clothes still intact?” Bora asked.

 

“We’re not you Bora, we’re good children.” Seungcheol tiredly said as he felt Areum’s forehead,”Her fever is gone, I’ll call her parents because she needs a stronger cough syrup.”

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

The longest week passed by, Areum finally felt a little better. The usual routine of waking up and making hot chocolate for herself started again. The girl stepped out to her balcony and stretched, it’s chilly, but not as cold anymore, she can feel the warm sunshine instead of the cold winter wind. She scrolled through her phone and gave herself a gentle reminder that she’s helping the girls moving into their apartment today, and going with them to look for new furnitures as well.

 

“Morning sunshine.” The familiar voice rings again, but a little hoarse this time.

 

 

Areum attempted to climb over to the other balcony failed when Seungcheol picked her up from the other side.

 

“Are you okay? Did I get you sick?” She asked immediately and he shook his head.

 

“I’m fine, just a slight cold, not that big of a deal.” He smiled and she frowned, of course he got sick from taking care of her.

 

“Did you drink any meds?” She asked again.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter