What are we?

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “What are you doing here my child?” Jeonghan opened the door with a mask in his face, nothing new. He look at Areum standing in front of his door and said with his barely moving mouth.

 

    “Just thought I’d hang out here with my dear sister and you know have some pep talk.” Areum shrugged and invaded Jeonghan’s house.

 

    “You come to me now flower child what happened to going to lover boy’s house?” Jeong said while opening the fridge, preparing to feed Areum.

 

    “Lover boy?” Areum raised a brow.

 

    “Whose house do you go to except Seungcheol’s nowadays.” Jeonghan tilted his head in disbelief.

 

    “Which is why I came to you actually.” Areum sipped on the orange juice that Jeonghan poured out,”Mingyu and Seungcheol has both been acting weird, and you know I feel really…”

 

    “Awkward, speechless, ascetic, I get it” Jeonghan interrupted,”Has been your friend slash sister for 13 years, of course I know you.”

 

    “The real question is, what should I do?” Areum got straight to the point because she was getting impatient to her own arousing.

 

“If Mingyu were to give you a back hug right now, what would you do?” Jeonghan bit his tongue.

 

“The thought of it makes me cringe a little” She gave the wtf face.

 

“What if Seungcheol back hugs you?” Jeonghan proceeded.

 

“Uh…..I would be flustered though, I doubt that I know what to do.” Areum brush her hand through her hair and clicked her tongue.

 

“Bingo. You don’t like Mingyu anymore.” Jeonghan made it clear to her,”Let me see, you don’t blush around him, your cheeks don’t feel hot, your stomach doesn’t have butterflies, you feel indifferent when he compliments you.”

 

 

Areum thought for awhile and nodded.”Yeah, that’s true. Oh my goodness I got over him!” She widens her eyes after realizing what it means, getting over her 4 year crush.

 

“Here I'll tell you what.” Jeonghan raised his perfectly shaved eyebrows,”From what I can tell you, Mingyu likes you and it's pretty obvious, and Seungcheol, you should find out for yourself.” He stated.

 

"How do I do that????" She stares at Jeonghan, begging for help.

 

"Wow you usually aren't this stupid whatever happened to the observing Areum?" Jeonghan smacked her head with a spoon,"Pay attention to his expression and how he is!"

 

"Well he treats girls well in general, how am I supposed to know?!?!" Areum winced in pain at the mom like action,"Talking about expression"

 

"Go on." Jeonghan said, in hope of pulling some sense out of the girl.

 

"He asked me if I still like Mingyu once and tell me I should date him, but his expression was weird in a mysterious way but then when I told him I won't date Mingyu, he returned to normal, what does that mean?" Areum scratched her head.

 

"WHY ARE YOU SECOND PLACE IN CLASS GEEZ YOU ARE SO DUMB IT'S KILLING ME." Jeonghan hold up his frying pan and about to smack the living senses out of this girl.

 

“Jeonghannnnnnn, I don’t know what’s going on with meeeeeee” She drags out the syllables.

 

“Seungcheol is a really mysterious boy from what I can see, now find out answers on your own.” Jeonghan turned to her and sneered,”Now go home problematic child, I need to go to Seokmin’s house and drop something off.”He push the girl out of his front door and she wrinkled her nose at him.

 

Areum walked home from Jeonghan’s. She sighed in disbelief that she still couldn’t find the answers even after going to Jeonghan, the love guru. Mysterious, she thought. She never really thought of how Seungcheol is acting up much up until recently. She managed to know part of his story about how he used to like an upperclassman and never got to date her, but that was it. She threw  her bag on the couch and walked up to her room, Bora and Aeyoung is out shopping, probably with Hansol and Joshua. She threw herself on the bed and sighed.

 

“But I’m sure I like Mingyu.” She mumbled and partly lying to herself.

 

“Would you stop calling me! Stop looking for me, we broke up and that was your idea, I don’t want anything to do with you anymore.” Seungcheol’s voice echoed from the balcony next to her.

 

 

Areum stepped behind the glass door to her balcony and bite her lips. She was getting confused at the things she heard. “Like you said, I pretended that I never dated you the second I stepped in Seoul, I pretended we never happened, so you do the same.” Seungcheol’s voice rang in her ears, she was sure he was on the phone with his ex girlfriend.

 

She pushed the door out to the balcony just in time that he hung up.”What was that?” Areum lowered her voice, somehow she felt a little betrayed,”I thought you said you never had a girlfriend.”

 

“Hey Areum I thought you’re at Jeonghan’s...” Seungcheol opened his mouth and she snapped him right out of what he was going to say.

 

“You lied to everyone, even me?” Areum said in a monotoned voice while looking at Seungcheol, which makes her even a scarier devil than she is,”I feel bummed that I told you everything Seungcheol.”

 

“No It’s not like that.” He breathed in, panicking of what to say.

 

“Is it that’s why you treat all girls the same?” She backed up a little away from the metal bars of the balcony.

 

“No, listen to me.” Seungcheol swallowed his saliva,”I don’t want to ever lie to you, but..” Seungcheol breathed out.

 

“But you did. And we promised to tell each other everything.” Areum remarked and slammed the door behind her. She felt betrayed that she has always been the one who tells him all about her lovelife, and here he is, hiding things from her.

 

Seungcheol stood there and sighed, he screwed up, he thought. This time it won’t be good. He knows for sure that he feels something towards her though he’s going to a battle against himself about admitting it to himself. He knows that Areum is the type to be calm but boiling inside, which is even worst. Now that he’s left alone in the house with no one and she won’t even come over. He knows that now wouldn’t be a good time to try a soothe her. But her birthday is next week. He mentally slapped himself.

 

“Guess I have to do this, no one can help me out but them.” He murmured and dialed Hansol’s number.

 

“Yeah what’s up?” Hansol picked up.

 

“I ed up, real bad.” Seungcheol groaned.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

“Why would you do that? You should know that she’s fragile when it comes to things like this, you’ve been friends with her longer than I do!” Bora slammed the coffee table.

 

“I know okay, I wish I never actually lied to her!” Seungcheol shredded himself.

 

“Now what are you gon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter