Babe

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“...H-hi.” Areum stuttered. What the heck am I doing. She mentally screamed.

 

“...Hey.” The boy finally opened his mouth.

 

“Why..” She mumbled to herself. This damned sweater. Out of everything, she has to wear this sweater.

 

On the other hand, Mingyu, Jeonghan and Bobby hid themselves behind the shelf of pastries and monitoring. Every two to three seconds, Jeonghan would sighed and sighed.

 

“I was forced here.” He replied, his tired voice made her shifted her eyes up to him.

 

Her heart stopped. It stopped like the first time she kissed him, it stopped like the time he asked her to be his. Her heart stopped at his sweater. She her eyes traveled from his sweater up to his eyes. She was praying that the tears in her eyes is dry and nothing will come out. Of course it rebelled against her.

 

Looking at her drives Seungcheol out of his mind, oh how much he wants to hug her after 2 long months.  She’s worn out, she’s skinnier than before, her eyes seemed drained and hollow with dark circles and paler. Unconsciously, he reached out to grab her hand, her hand is rough and dry, she probably has been in the cold AC and hasn’t step outside for so long. He felt like he made a mistake. He felt like he didn’t trust her enough.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to go.” She pulled away from his hand wiped the corner of her eyes and turned her back to him before encountering a Jeonghan in front of her.

 

“Ya ain’t going nowhere.” Jeonghan hissed.

 

“Jeonghan… what the-- Bobby.” She stared at the two.

 

“Let’s see. First, we haven’t gotten all the food we wanted yet. Second, we’re not going home until you guys sort yourselves out.” Jeonghan gave the conditions.

 

“Jeonghannnnnn--” She frowned.

 

“Shut up and turn around.” Mingyu spinned her shoulders around to face Seungcheol.

 

“Kay we’ll be elsewhere, do it or I literally will kill you both.” Jeonghan glared.

 

“Goddamn moment ruiner.” Seungcheol mutter with annoyance as the three guys walked away from them.

 

He faced her, he didn’t know what the say, he stared her eyes now turned red and he sighed. He felt so dumb somehow and he can’t do anything, he’s powerless seeing her cry, it’s always been like that.

 

“I trust you.” He finally bring himself to say it, “I trust you that you didn’t purposely kiss Donghyuk.”

 

“I’m sorry Seungcheol, I don’t think I deserve you.” She sighed and smiled even though her eyes are all watery, “Look at you, worn out and tired, you don’t deserve that.” His hair hasn’t been cut, his lips are chapped.

 

“Look at you, pale and weaker than before, you don’t deserve that.” He smiled and hesitantly pulled her into his arms, “And skinnier, more exhausted, more terrible than how I am.” His voice is softer, he breathed out and realized he hasn’t hold this girl in his arms for months and he was surprised himself that he endured it that long.

 

“I’m sorry, I should’ve explained it to you.” She sighed and tightened her arms around his torso, “You’re a lot skinnier and sleep a lot less too.”

 

“How do you know I sleep a lot less?” He asked.

 

Areum smiled, “Because I see you online all night, just like I am.”

 

“Thought you’d ran off with Donghyuk that night when you didn’t come home.” He sighed and planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

“Not at all, I was at Bobby’s deciding on if I should call you or not, you know, for like two months.” She shook her head.

 

“Well you should have.” He said.

 

“I thought you hate me.” She felt smaller and smaller in his arms.

 

“I don’t hate you, no matter how furious I was, I can’t hate you.” He squeezed her tighter.

 

“So, are we okay now?” She hesitated and asked.

 

“Are we?” Seungcheol released her and lift up her chin, he smiled and leaned in for a kiss. A kiss that both of them missed, for so long.

 

“Well, wasn’t that easy?” Jeonghan disturbed again and the couple laughed.

 

“If he cheats, come to me, I’m really faithful you know.” Mingyu barged in between the two and both pushed him off.

 

“You’re not Seo Hajoon.” Areum cringed.

 

“Now let’s get you both home.” Bobby smiled and voiced out.

 

“And you, get yourself a haircut.” Jeonghan slapped Seungcheol in the back of his head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter