Kim Jiwon

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bobby! What’s up? How come you’re here so early? How are you awake this early?” Areum opened her gates to the boy with messy hair and a sleeping Donghyuk and a fidgeting Hanbin in his car.

 

“Are your parents home?” He sighed and asked.

 

“No, they’re on their night shifts like always, why? Is something up?” She replied and Bobby tiredly rubbed his eyes.

 

    “I was framed, at school, my parents are putting my apartment on foreclosure.” Bobby didn’t say much, “The boys have been out with me all night.”

 

    “Come in, is Hanbyul with you guys?” She looked over to the car.

 

    “She isn’t, Hanbin and Donghyuk ran away because their parents forced them to stop hanging out with me.” He opened the car door to drag Donghyuk and Hanbin out.

 

    “So tell me what happened?” Areum handed a boy each a sandwich and a glass of juice.

 

    “Some face was selling alcohol and drugs at school,” Bobby said and closes his eyes, he clearly felt uncomfortable talking about it, “And these underclassmen reported that they saw me selling it.”

 

    “We all know that’s not true.” Hanbin got agitated all of a sudden.

 

    “I trust you, Bobby, you’re not someone to do such a thing.” Areum sighed, “But me trusting you won’t help if your parents don’t.”

 

    “The school expelled Bobby without any evidence and they’re investigating on Hanbin and I to see if we’re involved.” Donghyuk rubbed his eyes and he looked at Areum, his eyes turned more red than ever.

 

    “Stop rubbing your eyes before you peel your cornea off.” She threw him an eyedrops and sighed, “Bobby, do you want me to call your parents?”

 

    “It won’t do anything either Areum, it’s gonna go on my records, and I won’t be able to go to college in the States or here, over something I didn’t do.” Bobby threw his head back, he didn’t have the strength to deal with this, he drove all night, even if he wants to go somewhere now, he wouldn’t have gas.

 

    “Let’s go to Jisoo’s house, his dad is a lawyer, he’ll know what to do” Areum stood up, “I’ll go change.”

 

    “I barely have any gas left, my cards are gone, so is my phone. How am I gonna take care of a lawyer?” He looked down.

 

    “Don’t worry about that. My parents and I will take care of it.” She jogged up the stairs and into her room, where Seungcheol is soundly asleep in front of the screen of the computer with The Walking Dead on.

 

    “Seungcheol.” She shook him and he opened his eyes, “I need to go somewhere with the guys.”

 

    “Who are they?” He replied in a hoarse morning voice.

 

    “Donghyuk, Bob-”

 

    “Well, I’m coming too then.” He shot up and she had no choice but to agree.

 

    “Bobby, go to the backseat and get some sleep, my boyfriend will drive.” Areum jogged down with her coat on and followed her is Seungcheol.

 

    “............Boyfriend?” Donghyuk widened his eyes and Bobby instinctively glared at Areum.

 

    “Yes and no we were not having my dear Kim Jiwon, we were watching the love of your life Sonequa Martin. Now stop worrying about my love life and get your asses to the backseat.” Areum rushed out the door and locked her gates.

 

    “We’ll go fill up the tanks first.” Seungcheol said and drove to the nearest gas station.

 

    “Then we’ll head to Jisoo’s dad’s firm, I texted him, his dad went to the office early to sort out some documents, he isn’t busy, today is Saturday.” Areum took a deep breath and leaned on Seungcheol.

 

    “It’s okay babe, don’t worry too much.” Seungcheol wrapped his arms around her and sighed, “Bobby will be fine.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter