Mother Nature

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol dragged the girl who’s soaked upstairs and sighed after closing the doors of her balcony. Mother nature didn’t stop after drenched Areum in the rain, the thundering and lightning continued outside. Bora and Aeyoung sighed and the heater at the sight of a weak girl with wet sweatshirt and hair.

 

“You girls get her dry up, I’ll have to stay here since it’s pouring out on the balcony.” Seungcheol said and Bora nodded and proceed to bring Areum into the bathroom and plug in the hairdryer.

 

"Out of all days, you picked today to go out without an umbrella and got back pale and sick." She nagged.

 

"It's not like I want to." Arem said in a low and monotone voice.

 

“So what did Mingyu said to you?” Bora said quietly, partly that she didn’t want Seungcheol to hear even though he couldn’t hear over the blow dryer.

 

 

Areum sighed.”He said he likes me.”

 

“Are you serious?” Aeyoung said as she leans against the the sink,”What did you say?”

 

“I said I’d think about it. Should I tell him?” Areum mouthed the last part.

 

“Think about it thoroughly, you wouldn’t want to hurt all three at the same time.” Aeyoung said, and never had Areum seen her this serious.

 

“What does she mean by all three?” Areum mumbled.

 

“That guy who ran out in the middle of the rain to find you and probably sitting out in the room worried sick that you labeled friend.” Bora said, as each word left her best friend’s mouth, Areum replayed the little peck they had and she couldn’t help but wish if she has a brain freeze, it would help so much if she can stop thinking about this whole thing.

 

 

Areum dried up and changed into the warm clothes in the laundry basket that her mom just took out of the dryer. She shivers a little and sniff on her runny nose. Despite Seungcheol sitting on top of her desk like he usually does, she slipped under the covers and just want to keep some warmth around her letting her two friends helping her mom out at cooking. She felt like sleeping but the truth is that she couldn’t either, her nose prevents her from breathing even when she’s awake. Seungcheol was no better, he was already sick before he caught onto her out in the rain, and his feet being soaked by the water that mother nature decided to urinate didn’t help either.

 

“How are you feeling?” He decided to put down the Rubik cube on her desk and jumped down next to her bed, she groaned, she kind of didn’t want to open up to talk and also she felt horrible for having another boy who’s sick running outside in the rain just to take care of her,”Do you have a fever?” Seungcheol slid his hand under her thin bangs and he quickly felt the heat on her forehead but also the heat rushing within him.

 

“Your hand is cold.” Areum flinched and he pulled back his arm as she said in a broken voice from the mucus building up in .

 

“Yeah, you have a fever, let’s me go get your medicine.” Seungcheol and stood up, she pulled his wrist and tugged him back,”What is it?” Seungcheol looked at the girl lying weakly on her bed.

 

“Just go home and change, or at least change your socks, you’re going to feel worse if your feet is wet.” She quietly said after noticing how he still hasn’t change his socks after bringing her home.

 

“Don’t worry about me, I’m already sick.” He shrugged and jogged down to the kitchen to get the medicines placing in her cabinets.

 

“Seungcheol, aren’t you gonna go home and change? Let us take care of Areum.” Her mom turned to the boy and questioned.

 

“It’s alright, I can stay here and help you guys take care of her, since she took care of me when I was sick anyways.” Seungcheol replied and quickly left to Areum’s room after getting the bottle of syrup and a glass of water.

 

Areum drifted to sleep soon after taking her medications, which all make perfect sense because she drank the drowsy syrup. Seungcheol continued to monitor her as she sleeps, after an hour and a half, her fever slowly went down, he sighed in the relief as the rain outside began to clear up. He stood up and quietly open the balcony door so he won’t wake her up, he changed into another sweatshirts and pants. This time, he decided to jump over the balcony again with rain boots, sounds dumb to it’s finest but he can’t help it, it’s the only way that his feet won’t get wet and will be warm jumping back and forth on the balconies.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter