At last

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum’s Point Of View:

 

25 years old. I lived half my life but today, today is the remark of it all. Today is the day it’s all gonna changed. It’s been quite a few years since I got engaged. We decided that we should wait until after college where we can financially handle a family. Surprisingly, it turned out quite well for us. Seungcheol was able to get a job right away and I was able to collaborate with Bora on a new cosmetics line at her mother company. How are the others doing, you might ask. Well let me tell you, Bora and Hansol are still like that, fight here and there, they haven’t told us their plans for the future. Aeyoung is now actually 2 months pregnant, with their second child! As for Jeonghan, he’s planning to propose to his girlfriend of 3 years soon.

 

“How are you feeling?” Aeyoung opened the door to my waiting room and said.

 

“Super nervous.” I tuck a piece of paper that I have my vow written on, at the back of my bouquet.

 

“I know how it feels..” She smiled, “You’ll be so choked up that you can’t talk.”

 

“I can’t believe this, I’m getting married today…”

 

“Believe it...The next room is full of 13 idiots.” She laughed and Bora knocked.

 

“Areum, someone wants to see you..” She said and I nodded.

 

A familiar figure walked in and I was bewildered at first, “Hey.” He smiled at me.

 

“Hi Donghyuk...I haven’t seen you in awhile.” I said and forced a smile.

 

“You look beautiful today, a little hurt when your cousin received an invitation and I didn’t.” He shrugged.

 

“Oh you see, I was busy enough and the whole invitation thing was crazy.” I said and chuckled.

 

“Areum, I know you’ll never forgive me for what I did to you at your graduation but-”

 

    “Forget it Donghyuk, it’s been years ago, it doesn’t even matter anymore.” I shook my head and smiled at him.

 

    “It matters to me. But today is your day. You’ll be truly happy.” Donghyuk said, “I should leave to go to sit down, it starts soon.” He smiled at me.

 

    “Thank you Donghyuk, for at least coming by today…” I took a deep breath.

 

Donghyuk left the room and my heart felt heavy. Aeyoung reassured me that it’s okay, I know Donghyuk will understand after all. I picked up the bouquet and take a look in the mirror one last time.

 

    “Hello? The boys are walking around with sunglasses.” Bora peeked through the door and hissed at me, “Including the groom.”

 

    “I give you permission to slap the hell out of him.” I shrugged at Bora

 

    “Roger that.” She gave me a thumb up.

 

I walked outside the hall as everyone finally settled down. My dad stood next to me, I could tell how nervous he was. I breathed out and he patted my hand.

 

    “I trust you, in his hand.” He said and I nodded.

 

    The door was soon opened, I walked in, smiling, as I looked at Seungcheol on the other side of the room. He was beaming and sometimes as I walk down the aisle, he would abruptly wipe his eyes with his gloves. I smiled and the tears are filling my eyes up.

 

    I took in a deep breath and started to read my vow, “Seungcheol, I promised that from this day on, I’ll always be right next to you. We’ll fight, we’ll laugh, I promise that for you, I’ll do anything, I’ll wake up at 3 AM and make bacon cheese when we’re both hungry. I promise to be the best wife, mother and lifelong partner as I can be.”

 

    I choked up as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter