여섯!!

Love VS Hate

'Did you hear about Seo Joohyun? She got rejected by Kim Jongin again!! This time it was broadcasted over the speakers! Bet your kicking yourself for skipping school yesterday..' 

I rolled my eyes as I heard the loud voice of Bang Minah talking to Lee Hyeri entering the gym toilet. Ever since Kim Jongin defended her for spilling her americano on me, she's been getting on my nerves. It was after gym class, and I had just finish changing my clothes. I stood inside my cubicle, trying to keep my cool and not just go all crazy on the two.

'1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10' I mentally counted as I tried to keep my temper from rising.

'That girl doesnt know how to stop, I guess.. It's the third time that the ice prince rejected her... If I were her, I wouldnt even want to show my face in school...'  Hyeri said in her annoying voice causing the other girl to snigger loudly.

'Well.. maybe its karma...or she's losing her charms...' Minah replied as the two continue to giggle.

Clearing my throat loudly, I stepped out of the cubicle, surprising the two girls. Wordlessly, I stepped up to the sink beside Minah, washing my hands leisurely as they stood frozen. 

'Even if I'm lose all of my charms, its none of your business... And I would still be better than both of you...' I said as I walked out of the toilet. I knew that the school is buzzing about the fact that I got rejected by him again and that everyone is surprised that I stubbornly still pursue him. 

Sighing, I placed my gym clothes and took out my bag from the locker. I could hear the students whispering about what happened yesterday. I didnt even realized that it was broadcasted over the school radio. 

'She still got the guts to show her face today? I would die of embarassment.. especially what Kim Jongin said to her...' 

'Of course... who would want to go out with someone who probably flirt with 95% of the male population...' 

'But I dont understand why Kim Jongin rejected her... He didnt mention anything about her famous history in this school...' 

'What an epic failure...' 

'Breathe in, breathe out... You doing very well with not entertaining them and blowing your top... Good job Seo JooHyun!!' I mentally cheered, trying my best not to let any of the comments affect me. Hearing the school bell ring, signalling the end of break, I quickly closed the locker door and rushed to the dreadful class with Kim Jongin.

I let out a sigh of relief, seeing the empty seat beside me. Ignoring the obvious stares and hushed whispers, I went to my seat and start preparing for my last class. I knew that it was him who enter the class even without looking up. Taking a deep breath in, I looked out of the window, trying hard to not glanced over.

Luckily, Mr Kim walked in right after him and by the looks of it, Mr Kim was not in a good mood. Rolling my eyes at the lecturer who was lecturing about something that I've learnt ages ago. Knowing that I would daydream and eventually stare at my seatmate, I placed my head down watching the scenery out of the window.

'Just him being so near to me, my heart beats so fast... Why does it hurts so much that he didnt even throw a glance at me... Maybe that is the reason why I'm drawn to him... He's not like the rest...' I watch the blue clouds rolling by as I tried to avoid his presence so near to me. 

'Would everything be different if Umma is still alive? Would I not turn out the same way I did?' I close my eyes tightly as I ignore the numbing pain that I get everytime I think about Umma. 

.....................................

Hearing the loud thunder, I jolted out of my sleep. I sat up quickly, glancing over at the clock and look around the class. I had took a nap and obviously no one bothered to wake me up. Sighing softly, I slowly packed my bag, dragging myself out of the classroom.

Since it was already 1730hrs and the last day of the week, most of the students have left the school. I took out my phone, scrolling down the missed calls and messages left by Hyo and Yoona unnie. Pressing the call button, I waited for Hyo unnie to answer as I walked out to the lobby.

'MAKNAE-AH!! WHERE DID YOU GO? WHY DIDNT YOU ANSWER YOU CALL? WE WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!' Hyo unnie screeched as soon as she answer the call.

'Sorry unnie... I overslept and apparently no one woke me up... I'm leaving the school now...' I answered, standing at the porch, watching the heavy downpour.

'Aigoo... You need to stop sleeping in class... Anyway its raining heaviliy.. Are you able to go home on your own? Do you even have an umbrella?' I chuckled, hearing the frantic voice of Hyo unnie.

'Yes unnie... I have my umbrella with me... I'll call you once I reach home okay?' I lied, knowing that I've loaned my umbrella to Yoona unnie the other day. Hanging up, I sat at the staircase, hoping that the rain would subside so that I could at least run to the bus stop.

'The rain dont look like it's going to stop anytime soon... How am I suppose to go home....' I mumbled to myself as I watched the rain continue to fall heavily.

'I see that you do have the habit to talk to yourself, Joohyun-ssi...' Surprised at the sudden interruption, I turned around to find Kim Jongin standing behind of me, his expression unreadable. 

'What are you doing here?' I muttered, avoiding eye contact with him.

'I just finish dance practice... By the looks of it, did you had a good nap?' He ask, his voice light as thou teasing me. I rolled my eyes at him, clicking my tongue in annoyance.

'Shuddup..'

'Why so rude.. I was about to offer you a ride home.. But since your lacking manners, have fun waiting for the rain to stop.. Trust me.. It will continue on for at least a couple of hours...' With that, he walked away. 

'Whatever... I dont even know why I'm interested in someone like you... Pfft..' I muttered to myself, as I watched him run to his car.  

'If only I could drive... I would have drove to school... Annoying good looking bugger... I still like you thou...' I said to myself as I watched him climbed into his car. 

'Aha! I have my cap with me... Maybe I should just run to the bus stop.. I couldnt possibly wait till night...' I mumbled as I rummaged into my bag, smiling as I took my cap out. 

'Luck is on my side... Let's go!! Fighting' I cheered as I stepped out of the porch, half running towards the school gate. Halfway to the gate, I stopped running. I remove my cap, letting my long hair out as I felt the rain drop even harder. Smiling, I spread my hands as I looked up to the sky. 

---Flashback---

'Why is it raining again... I hate the rain! I want to go out and play!!' I whined as I watched the rain continue to pour.

'Aigoo... Do you know that rain is Umma favourite weather?' Umma said as she caress my head softly.

'But umma.. its so boring... I cant go out without getting wet... ' I sulked, hugging my knees as I continue to look out of the window.

'Come here, Joohyun-ah... Close your eyes... and take a huge breathe...' Umma said as I scoot closer to her. I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply.

'Isnt it wonderful dear? The pitter patter of the rain and the earthy smell...' I opened my eyes to find Umma smiling happily.

'It's nice... But it would be more fun if we can go out and play...' 

'Who says we cant go out and play... Come lets go!!' Umma stood up, pulling me up with her.

'But.. We'll get sick, Umma!' I continue to whine, watching Umma rushing out of the door. 

'Fine! Then you can just stand there and watch me enjoy myself!' Umma joked as she spread her hands, running around in the open area behind our house. I watch how Umma laugh loudly as she jumped into a puddle of water, twirling around in the rain.

'Umma!! I want to join!' I screamed, as I ran into her hands.

......................................................................

'Umma... I missed you so much!!!' I smiled as I feel the raindrops falling harder. That was one of the last few memories I had of Umma before everything went spiralling down. 

I looked up to the sky as I recalled how the two of us got really sick the next day. I closed my eyes, feeling the tears springing out.

'I miss you, Umma... Every time it rains.. I miss you more...' I whispered as I continue to stand in the middle of the sideroad.

'What in the world are you doing?!' 

I opened my eyes, to find Kim Jongin running towards me with an umbrella. 

'Why do you even bother? Leave me alone...' I muttered as I walked away from him. 

'Aish... your really getting on my nerves!' He groaned as he grabbed my hand pulling me to his car. 

'JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!! HAVENT YOU HUMILIATE ME ENOUGH? WHY DO YOU EVEN WANT TO MAKE ME FALL FOR YOU MORE!' I screamed as I pulled my hands away from his grip.

'Stop making this difficult for me, Joohyun... Come I'll bring you home...' 

'Shut up.. Your making me giddy... Leave me alone...' I whispered, as I felt my knees buckling and my vision darkening.

..........................................................

 

Author's note

Hey Hey Hey...

Another chapter up!! 

How do you find this chapter?

Both characters are stubborn in their own way... 

but why is he rejecting her?? 

hahahaha....

Thats for another chapterrrrrr.....

Please read, comment and subscribe if you like...

I have one more SeoKai fic up!

Show support to Serene September ya!!

Enjoy!!

XOXO