Chapter 2- The Devil's Spawn Owns A Silver Car

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                “Did you know what happened yesterday?”  Kyuhyun spoke from the other side of the conference room.

                “Enlighten me please…my floor manager told me you created a scene at  the resto..”

                 Leeteuk clasped his hands together and he rested his chin on top of it. Kyuhyun walked to sit on the swivel chair nearest to his cousin.

                “It’s one of your chefs! He..he…HOW DARE HIM!? You know what he did Hyung?! He shoved a steak on my face?!” Kyuhyun retold the story with all the angst he can muster.

                “What? Who on earth would have the nerve to that to such a brat like you?” Leeteuk tried to stifle his laughter.

                “R..yeo…-something! The one who looked like a lesbian!” Kyuhyun shouted again, totally not noticing the fact that he was just called a “brat” by his older cousin.

                “Ryeowook? He did that to you?” Leeteuk can’t stop his laughter now.

                Kyuhyun didn’t had the chance to answer when the door opened and the rest of the Cho family came in.  Their cousins Heechul, Kibum and Siwon entered the room and following them was the family patriarch, whom all of them feared since they were young.

                 Their grandfather Ho Dong.

                 He sat on the end of the table and he coughed, causing all of them to pay attention and to stiffen on their seats. The meeting started and Heechul started on the updates regarding the clothing company.

                Cho Group of Companies was a multi-sectorial firm, Ho Dong owned each company and he gave each one of his 5 grandsons to manage it. Kibum handled the law firm, Siwon manages the hospital, Heechul was assigned to the clothing line,,Leeteuk with the chain of European restaurants and supermarkets  and Kyuhyun the youngest one was assigned to their latest venture, real estate.

                As Heechul continued to blabber Kyuhyun reached for his phone to text his older cousin.

                Kyuhyun looked at Leeteuk across and he didn’t saw the man move a muscle to reach for his own phone. He tried to lower himself on his seat to kick Leeteuk’s shin. He successfully did and it stole Leeteuk’s attention from Heechul’s report.  When the older man looked at him, Kyuhyun made a sign language saying phone. Leeteuk took the cue and he looked at his phone.

                Kyuhyun: FIRE HIM HYUNG

                 Kyuhyun’s phone vibrated.

                Leeteuk Hyung: I CAN’T. STOP SABOTTAGING MY BUSINESS BRAT!

                Kyuhyun  eyebrows met in the middle.

                Kyuhyun:Why can’t you?

               Leeteuk sighed heavily and as he pressed on his phone.

                Leeteuk Hyung:He’s the best French chef around! It took me months before I was finally successful in pirating him from the other restaurant! I can’t  just give him up because my retarded cousin had a fight with him!

                Kyuhyun:WHAT!? HE JUST SHOVED A RARE DONE STEAK ON YOUR RETARDED COUSIN’S FACE IN FRONT OF HIS GIRLFRIEND!

              

                “Excuse me?” Their grandfather cut Heechul causing  him to swallow hard, scared that he might have said something wrong. Their grandfather never spoke when someone’s talking in front. He rarely talked. He only talks when he is happy or his mad, but from the looks of it…he didn’t look very happy.

                He turned to Leeteuk then to Kyuhyun. Beads of sweat started to form on the youngest’s forehead. Their grandfather was one scary old man.

                “OUT! I THOUGHT I MADE IT CLEAR! NO TEXTING INSIDE MY BOARDROOM!” The patriarch shouted and the two scrambled for something to say.

                “But Grandfather...I’m really sorry this is all Leeteuk-hyung’s fa---“

                “OUT!”

                Leeteuk stood up ,embarrassed from head to toe, to leave and Kyuhyun followed after him.

                “Are you happy now Kyuhyun?”

                “No…fire him…”
               

                “No…get a life you rascal!”

                Both of them took the elevator all the way down to the parking lot and out of the building. Their grandfather might not want to see both of them for the next couple of weeks.

               

------------------

                The next day, Kyuhyun decided he won’t let it go without giving Ryeowook a taste of his revenge. That chef clearly embarrassed him in front of Seohyun and for Cho Kyuhyun that would be worth half his pride. He wanted Ryeowook to be mad enough to make something horrible again. He thought the second time that he will harm him would be enough grounds for Leeteuk to fire him. It was his ultimate goal, for Ryeowook to lose his job.

                Seohyun was his happiness ever since junior High. They knew each other since childhood and their parents were not very secretive of their intentions that they do want them to end up together someday. Kyuhyun really didn’t have much trouble with this because he finds her very attractive, charming, nice and  everything that any guy can ask for.

                He entered the restaurant and Yesung immediately saw him. The waiter tried to hide behind the pillars and he slowly walked away from the table he chose as far as possible.

                “What the hell? Why is he here again?” Yesung whispered to himself in his hiding place.

                Kyuhyun browsed the menu.

                “He was a French cook right?? Hmm…hmmm..what do I want?”

                He called the attention of the waiter attending to him and he asked what’s the most difficult dish to make among the choices. The waiter said Cassoulets aux Confit de Canard and he ordered one of those. He smirked…he can already taste the sweet taste of revenge on his lips.

                “Cassoulets aux Confit de Canard?!” Ryeowook’s face fel l in exhaustion as he stared at the piece of paper handed to him. How can anyone order this extremely difficult dish during lunchtime…just when orders kept coming in. The panicking chef decided he really can’t do anything about it so he went on making the orders.

-------------------

                “This is it?” Kyuhyun eyed the food served in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter