Friendzoned

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Kyuhyun rushed to Ryeowook’s bag and he walked back and forth around the several trees but he didn’t find the other boy.

            He dialed Ryeowook’s number and he heard a faint ringing from inside the bag. It just confirmed that it was indeed the chef’s bag. He searched for the phone inside the bag and he saw his name flashing on the screen.

             My Thing <3 <3 <3

            “MY Thing?”  Kyuhyun felt a slight tingling on his nape when he saw how Ryeowook saved his name on his phone.  His mind momentarily froze as he stared on the screen but when he regained his composure, he focused again on the task at hand.

            He walked around one more time as he called out Ryeowook’s name.

            From a distance he saw a small person in the darkness with his back him. He came rushing forward and his heart was beating madly against his ribcage, hoping that it was Ryeowook and that he was fine. He grabbed the man’s arm from the side in a flash so he can see that said man’s face. Kyuhyun felt all the blood started rushing back to his head when he finally saw Ryeowook. He pulled him to his body and locked him into a bone crushing embrace.

            Ryeowook’s eyes went wide open at the other man’s sudden action. He suddenly felt something beating very fast against his chest. He thought it was his own heart but he was wrong when he realized it was Kyuhyun’s furious heartbeats.

           “Thank God you’re safe! How can you be so stupid?! Why the hell did you wait for me?!!! When I didn’t arrive on time, you should have left already!?” Kyuhyun was screaming on his ear but he was clutching on him even tighter.

           “Uh…Kyuhyun-shii…you’re crushing the kitty…”  Ryeowook whispered silently.

           “What kitty?!!!”  Kyuhyun released him at arm’s length with a questioning look on his face.

            “Here! My new friend!” Ryeowook then lifted the poor kitten at the level of Kyuhyun’s eyes.

            “Don’t do that again! I was so worried. I felt like I will go mad looking for you!” Kyuhyun raked his own hair back, now drenched with sweat and he figured  he might be looking like a total mess.

            “You see…I heard a faint crying from a distance as I was walking to the bus stop so I decided to check. Then I saw this poor creature on one of those branches up there. The poor baby seemed to have no idea on how to go down. He’s still so young, he knows how to climb it but he still can’t go down on his own and it seems that his mommy’s not around anymore.” Ryeowook explained as he was carefully cradling the little cat in his arms.

            “Is this really happening?!!! I was worried dead and it’s all just because of this stupid cat?!!!!!” Kyuhyun wanted to scream at Ryeowook but he can’t find it in heart to do so when he was there, looking so disarming and adorable as he cradled his newfound kitten, with his disheveled hair and dirty face from all the climbing. Kyuhyun squinted and he thought he saw a few leaves and small twigs perched on Ryeowook’s unruly hair.

            He approached him without thinking and he removed the leaves on the other’s hair one by one tenderly.

            “You look so messy!” Kyuhyun muttered while doing the task on hand.

             “Sorry for making you worry Kyuhyun-shii” Ryeowook managed to say a word despite being stoned at the fact that Kyuhyun was touching his hair in such a gentle manner.

              Kyuhyun took out a handkerchief and he wiped off the dirt on the chef’s cheeks one by one.

              Ryeowook felt a surge of electricity from the tips of his hair, to his spine down to his toes. Kyuhyun did have this unique talent of making him feel this way.

 

-----------------------------------------------

            “So what are your planning to do with her?” Kyuhyun asked as he watched Ryeowook let the kitten lap some milk from a shallow saucer.

            “Him…he’s a him not a her” Ryeowook corrected the other man. They decided to go back to Delicieux to continue their lessons but the chef insisted that he needed to feed his baby first.

            “Oh…okay..him…what’s his name? Have you thought of one already?” 

            “Hmmm…hmmm….I’m thinking of two names but I can’t decide. It’ either Kisa or Kayu? What do you think?”  Ryeowook looked up at Kyuhyun while petting the kitten’s head.

            “Hmm….Kisa sounds cute but Kayu sounds like Kyu so I think I like it more”

             Bull’s eye.

             Ryeowook smiled secretly. He really taught of that name because it sounded like Kyu. How Kyuhyun read his mind easily, scares the out of him sometimes.

           “Kayu then…hello there Kayu? Did you hear your new name?” Ryeowook cooed at the cat.

            Kyuhyun felt his cheeks burning.

            Why did that felt like they chose a name for their first born?

 

____________________________

             "That does look delicious but it looks complicated. Are you sure that I can cook this?" Kyuhyun frowned at the picture of the dish that they will be cooking. Ryeowook showed the picture on his phone and Kyuhyun read Coquilles St. Jacques.

            "Don't worry Thing! There's a long and short way to do it. I'll teach you the easier one, it's going to be okay!" Ryeowook reassured the other as he prepared the ingredients in front of them.

             Kyuhyun was staring at the chef doing his job with so much pride and enthusiasm. He knew he was dead tired and it was already almost midnight but he was still so happy to cook.  Ryeowook  was a person who was very passionate with the things he love. It was probably one of the reasons why he found him very attractive. A small lopsided smile formed on his lips unconsciously.

            "How can he be so lovely without even trying." Kyuhyun let out a heavy and helpless sigh.

             "And we're all set! Oh wait! You don't have an apron! Wear this one,I'll borrow someone else's from the lockers. " Ryeowook removed his apron and handed it to Kyuhyun.

              "You can start chopping the onions while I'm  gone" Ryeowook chirped as he walked away.

              "Yes sir!" Kyuhyun answered.

              "Don't cry!" Ryeowook muttered from a distance.

              "I heard that!" Kyuhyun shouted back and he heard Ryeowook chuckling.

-----------------------------------

               "It's weird that only Boa noona's apron was there." Ryeowook murmured at the kitchen island as Kyuhyun already started with the onions.

                Kyuhyun can hear shuffling on his side as he tried to concentrate on his task. He looked up to see the chef struggling with Boa's weird criss-cross apron. He immediately washed his hands and he walked towards the chef.

                Ryeowook stopped moving when he felt a presence behind him.

                "Where do this go?" Kyuhyun spoke at the level of Ryeowook's nape ,while holding on of the apron straps, his hot breath making all his small hairs in the area stand up.

                "It goes on the loop on my waist...on the opposite side." Ryeowook instructed the taller man on where to put one of the apron straps.

                "Oh my God this feels so weird" Ryeowook felt the other's warm body so close to him and he felt like his surroundings were reeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter