Chapter 3- When Ryeowook Thinks Enough is Enough

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               Ryeowook tried to arrange his toque that was threatening to fall from his head because of moving too fast. He was moving back and forth, right and left of the kitchen to finish packing and arranging 20 boxes of assorted tarts and pastries and 3 additional orders of different cakes. He glanced at the watch, the waiter  said the customer just gave 30 mins to come back for the takeout orders.

                “oh gosh…Is he attending a party? Surely no one can eat all of these on his own” Ryeowook had his thought bubbles as he continued on putting the finishing touches with the cake and he motioned his assistants to pack faster.

                *DING!*

                The bell on the window rang and Ryeowook opened it. 
                “YES??! Can’t you see we’re swamped here?! Stop pressuring us!” Ryeowook screamed at the waiter.

                ‘I’m so sorry Ryeowook but the customer who bought all of the pastries is already here  and he’s threatening  not to pay for all of it if everything’s not yet ready in 5 minutes.” Donghae answered.

                Ryeowook was about to react when suddenly, Donghae was pulled away from the small window and the chef was startled to see a pair of dark deep eyes staring back at him. He was pretty sure it was not Donghae’s.

                “Actually time starts now!” Kyuhyun looked intently at his watch and he his lower lip. Ryeowook’s breathing hitched. Kyuhyun’s face was in front of him as he peered into the small window pushing the waiter to the side. It was the first time that Ryeowook looked at him straight in the eye.

                Time stopped for a split second and Ryeowook had to admit that he nearly drowned in the other boy’s eyes. His gaze was that weird, he felt his heart flutter a bit. He was just not so sure if he was just scared or…

                Was it something else?

                Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow and that’s when time started ticking again for Ryeowook. The chef let out a heavy sigh of defeat, because the customer is always right.  He really do have this idea that Kyuhyun was exerting extra effort to terrorize his existence. 

                “Hurry up…” Kyuhyun hissed. Ryeowook scrambled to finish the cake ts but he can sense Kyuhyun’s unflinching  gaze on him. It was really distracting him causing him to fumble more with his tools.

                “What’s wrong with you? Are you really well-trained?” Kyuhyun knew that would set off Ryeowook again. Ryeowook didn’t look up as he gathered all the cake boxes and he handed them to Kyuhyun. The customer refused to take it and he signaled the waiter to carry it for him. When Ryeowook finished handing the boxes through the window, he saw Kyuhyun’s mouth will start to say something again so he slammed the window shut in front of Kyuhyun’s face, it was so close it almost hit his nose.

                Kyuhyun laughed a bit. He can’t understand why, but it gives him joy and satisfaction to see the young chef angry and frustrated.

______________________

                Kyuhyun was nibbling on the cherry tart he picked from the box full of pastries on the passenger seat. His whole car smelled like a French bakery  but it was pleasing nonetheless. He bit the tart happily, he was honestly enjoying the food.

                “I have to admit that he’s really good!”

                Kyuhyun was wandering how he will dispose all these sweets when he saw his target went out the back door of the restaurant. He knew he pissed him off earlier that day but he thought that was not enough. He started the car again and he watched as Ryeowook headed to the main street. He let the car roll on medium speed. He can see him walking and when his headlights gleamed towards the puddle of mud on the road, he knew he found the perfect spot. Kyuhyun’s lips  stretched out into a lopsided grin as he sped up. He was anticipating Ryeowook’s splashed face and clothes again as he passed by him but he was the one surprised.

                He saw Ryeowook holding an umbrella, covering him from the mud water splotches.

                He didn’t slow down, he was gritting his teeth in anger and his eyes were all wide open. He looked at the side mirror and he saw Ryeowook happily waving at him, from a distance.

                “GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Kyuhyun was throwing tantrums alone inside his car, slamming his hands on his steering wheel.

--------------------------

                Ryeowook was laughing so hard because he c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter