Death Wishes

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: This chapter is so cheesy! ULKKKKKK!!!!!!

 

“I can’t believe this is really happening to me!” Ryeowook looked around after  5 more attempts on yanking the door open. They took turns but all seems futile.

                “I can’t believe I’m stuck inside a giant refrigerator…” Kyuhyun slid down the floor to sit because of exhaustion. It took a reasonable amount of energy trying to open that door.

                “ OH! How stupid can I possibly be?!!” Ryeowook took out his cellphone, determined to dial Shindong’s number or the restaurant’s landline, but to his dismay, his cellphone’s battery was drained.

                “I can’t believe how bad my luck can get…whenever you’re around…it seems like I’m doomed!” Ryeowook glared at Kyuhyun who was looking around for any weak walls to break.

                “It’s made of aluminum…Idiot!” Ryeowook stomped his feet around and he soon ended up sitting on the floor against one of the walls.

                “I can use my phone, have you memorized the numbers?” Kyuhyun tried to relax though he’s really panicking inside. He was thinking how to explain this situation to everyone around him if just in case he actually died inside this walk in refrigerator.

                “ OH! GOD DAMN IT!!!! I LEFT MY PHONE INSIDE MY COAT UPSTAIRS!!!!”  Kyuhyun screamed after he searched himself of his phone.

                “Aisssh!!!!See…I told you… you’re some walking bad luck!”  Ryeowook pouted as he rubbed his arms together, across his chest, trying to warm himself.

                “Stop blaming me…we have to think!” Damn…it’s getting really cold….” Kyuhyun imitated Ryeowook’s gestures in warming himself up as he sat beside Ryeowook.

                “How can I not blame you??? It’s really you’re fault!” Ryeowook screamed.

                “Stop blaming me! I know it’s my fault and to make you feel any better…I’m not feeling good about this either!” Kyuhyun screamed back shutting him up.

                There were silence between them for a few more seconds then Ryeowook started to talk.

                “WHAT WILL WE DO???!!!”

                “Shhh…I’m thinking!”

                “For how long?”

                “I dunno!!!”  Honestly, Kyuhyun had a hard time figuring out a way to get out of this because Ryeowook was unintentionally sitting so close beside him to conserve body heat.

                “I think I will die today…” Ryeowook inhaled the cold air and exhaled some fogged carbon dioxide.

                “Any death wishes?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

                “It doesn’t have to do anything about you…for sure…” Ryeowook thought that came out quite defensive…when actually he was all guilty thinking…

                “Can I kiss you before I die?”

                “Did I say it would be anything related to me? Why are you thinking that way?” Kyuhyun looked quizzically at Ryeowook.

                “Can you tell my parents I love them and can you tell them to feed my dog for as long as he lived?”  Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun like he was about to cry.

                “Sure…” Kyuhyun chuckled. He realized how simple minded Ryeowook  was.

                “You? Any death wishes? Just in case I don’t die and you die.” Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun and was quite surprised that Kyuhyun was facing him all the time, so their faces were unbelievably close. He tried to move his face away, for he believed when Kyuhyun starts talking he will feel his breathing on his face.

                “Uhmmm…I just hope…I’ll die happy…” Kyuhyun was caught off guard with that question, he never really gave it much thought before.

                “What makes you happy then?” Kyuhyun can see Ryeowook was alredy shivering.

                “Hey…you know what? you can do this…” Kyuhyun breathed on his own palms  and when they were warm enough, he cupped his own ears with them.

                “That’s the principle of using ear muffs…go try it. It will help you warm up.” Kyuhyun encouraged Ryeowook as the chef did what he was told to. He did it several times but it’s not helping.

                “It’s not working for me…I think even my breath’s already cold.” Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook  with exasperation and he took his hands much to the chef’s surprise. Kyuhyun held his hands and put them close to his lips, blowing on it to warm it up. He can feel Kyuhyun’s warm breath on his palms and  felt his cheeks burning, even that’s enough to warm him up.

                “Are your hands warm now?”  Kyuhyun smirked and Ryeowook was feeling pins and needles on his feet. He just nodded.

                “Good” Kyuhyun then cover Ryeowook’s ears with the smaller guy’s palms, his own hands still holding on to them.  How can a guy’s hand be this small and soft?

                “Actually…I’m hoping that when I die…I’m with the one I really love…yeah like Titanic…mushy right? I think that would make me happy…stop pouting alright? Coz Kim Ryeowook…you’re really ing my brains…” Kyuhyun said as he planted Ryeowook’s palms firmly on his ears so that the other won’t hear him,

                “What?” Ryeowook squinted when he saw Kyuhyun moving his mouth but he can’t hear a thing and Kyuhyun just shook his head slowly as if saying “nothing”. He turned his gaze away from Ryeowook and he released his hands slowly. Ryeowook stopped his own little mouth from verbalizing a complain when his hands were released because Kyuhyun’s hands against his hands were just enough to keep him warm and oddly…safe. 
 

                “You’re weird…” Ryeowook glared again at Kyuhyun. Suddenly, the taller guy stood up and he dashed to the wall opposite to them when he thought he saw something that resembles a phone receiver.  Ryeowook was puzzled as Kyuhyun shoved some of the frozen vegetables and fruits as if he was searching for something.

                “What are you looking for?”  Ryeowook watched Kyuhyun thrash the shelves.

                “Look?! Who would have thought there would be an intercom hidden here somewhere! We might actually have a chance of getting out of here alive!!!” Kyuhyun beamed proudly showing Ryeowook the receiver. The chef’s face lit up as he ran towards the phone. He took the receiver and he was relieved to discover that the phone was actually working.

                “Shindong-hyung….please answer  the phone….” Ryeowook was still rubbing his arms because of the cold while Kyuhyun was watching with anticipation.

--------

Upstairs…

                Shindong took his portable radio phone as he just finished patrolling for the night. He wondered where Kyuhyun and Ryeowook went but then he thought maybe they just finished early and went ahead because the kitchen was already empty. He took his earphones and he opened his portable radio.

                It was his favorite comedy show on radio and he didn’t miss a single episode of it ever. It’s the best thing to kill time and to amuse him during his night shifts. He turned the volume full blast, laughing at the opening credits jingle as he sat comfortably in his chair.

                A few meters away from him, he can’t hear the intercom ringing non-stop.

---------

                “The phone’s ringing but he’s not picking up…” It was already Kyuhyun’s turn to try calling because Ryeowook was already not feeling well.

                “I’ll try again…” Ryeowook sniffed  and his fingers are already turning blue. Kyuhyun looked at him pityingly as he gave way to the other man.  Ryeowook took the receiver and he started dialing again.

                “He’s still not answering…” Kyuhyun can hear  Ryeowook sniffing in between his words and he figured it’s not anymore about the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter