Zhoumi the Shrink

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “What can I do for you sir?” The building receptionist muttered.

                “Hmmm….I’m visiting a friend, his name is Kim Ryeowook. I’m not sure what unit he is staying but I know it’s on the eleventh floor.

                “Is he expecting you sir?”

                “Hmm….not really. Can you just call him?”

                “Alright…” The receptionist dialed Ryeowook’s number but no one’s answering.

                “Hmmm…can you try again?”  Kyuhyun struggled with the two bowls of noodles he was holding.

                “ Are you sure he’s home sir?” The receptionist was starting to get annoyed because there’s a couple of people queued behind Kyuhyun.

                “Can you just please try one more time? Please?” Kyuhyun pleaded which was not so typical of him.

-------------

                “Hello sir? Is this Mr. Kim Ryeowook? Ah…good morning sir, someone’s here downstairs he said he’s your friend…”

                “What’s his name *sniff*?” Ryeowook wondered who in the world would be his visitor? It had always been Boa and Hangeng and he was pretty sure they’re at work.

                “Uhmmm..sir what’s your name again?” The receptionist asked Kyuhyun.

                “Cho Kyuhyun…” Kyuhyun was slightly relieved that Ryeowook was at home.

                Ryeowook heard the name from the background and he just managed to give the receptionist a small squeak. He can immediately feel his heart thumping inside his chest .He felt his insides churning.  He immediately looked at his clothes or the lack of it. He was just wearing an oversized shirt and his boxers.

                “Sir…are you alright? Do you know this guy? Shall I let  him in? The receptionist said with all due respect.

                “Okay…” Ryeowook hung up as fast as he can and he made a run to his room, grabbing the first pajama bottoms he can grab and he went to the sink to wash his face. He checked his face on the mirror and he didn’t like what he saw. His face was all boggy, his nose was snotty and his eyes were all puffy and red.

                “OH MY GOD THAT FREAK WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!!! OH MY GOSH!!! Relax wookie…relax…” Then there was a soft knocking on the door.

                “!” He immediately washed his face and he grabbed the towel to wipe it clean. Damn! He didn’t even have time to brush his teeth, curse the elevator.  He dashed towards the door and he peered in the peephole.

                It’s no freaking joke. It’s really Cho Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun made a small wave when he felt someone was already behind the door.

                Kyuhyun grew nervous. He was actually shaking inside, completely questioning why he was standing at Ryeowook’s doorstep.

                Ryeowook opened the door and he gave Kyuhyun a small smile.

                “Hi Thing…yo…what’s up?” He tried to sound coolly but really his heart was doing crazy thumps against his ribcage.

                “You see…I can’t decide whether you like hot ramen or cold noodles so I decided to bring both…and I…” Kyuhyun garbled. He stared at Ryeowook, wearing an oversized white shirt with his right shoulder peeking a bit, his hair was still damp and wisps of hair were falling on his forehead. He can see how well defined his collar bones were and he swallowed hard. He stared in awe and he wanted to smack himself for actually…drooling.

                “ Do you want to come inside?”  Ryeowook tried to break the deafening silence.  

                “Uhmmm…thanks…” Kyuhyun went inside, removing his Berluti shoes. (Check shoes here)

                “Oh…you can wear those…” Ryeowook  pointed at a pair of fluffy bedroom slippers. Kyuhyun chuckled a bit. It was his first time actually wearing those.

                It was a nice apartment and he can say Ryeowook was some neat freak for everything was in order. There was a small book shelf on one corner and well organized CD rack on one side. There was a small living room with a television. He can see the kitchen from where he stood and a small dining table for two. On his left side was a door,which he was pretty sure was Ryeowook’s room.

                “Kyuhyun-shii…I’m really not feeling well…” Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun with tired eyes. He was not lying just to get rid of his visitor. The exposure to extreme cold the night before just triggered his asthma this morning and he really felt like hell.

                “Oh…it’s okay…I just brought food. I figured you might not be able to cook for yourself…”

                “I wanna cry now…how can he be so thoughtful? You’re killing my braincells! Really…this is so sad…”

                “Thanks you can put it there…I’m just going to lie down…I’m still feeling a bit dizzy…” Ryeowook made his way to his room. He slumped to his bed and he hid under the covers. Looking disheveled and ugly in front of Kyuhyun was making him uncomfortable.

                Kyuhyun went to the dining area to put down the take out noodles. He looked around the kitchen and he can say Ryeowook invested a lot in this part of the house. There was a 4 burner gas range and oven, a food processor, a microwave oven, a coffee maker, and a two door refrigerator.

                “Can he eat that much?”  Kyuhyun wondered. He went to the living room to settle when he saw a keyboard in one corner. He was quite surprised to discover that Ryeowook played the instrument.

                Something caught his attention. A music sheet was laid open on top of the keyboard and being the nosy person that he was, he took it and he saw that the lyrics were already written for the whole song but the notes were not yet filled in except for the first verse.

No it's not me, this doesn't really make sense
May I be eating or sleeping, I only see you, I think I've gone crazy
You tormented me everyday, I hated you
How, oh how did I end up loving you? It's strange

My heart listens to you, from head to toe
Although my friends tease me, you're the only one my heart hears
One two three, you're smiling, it takes my breath away
Your everyday smiles are what I put into the dishes I love
Forever

                “Did he wrote this?”  Kyuhyun read the lyrics again…and his heart skipped a bit. Was Ryeowook loving somebody secretly? He can feel throbbing veins in his head. Was Ryeowook loving someone’s smile?

                None of it should be his ing business…right? RIGHT?!

                “Kyuhyun-shiii…” Ryeowook muttered almost inaudibly from inside his room.

                Kyuhyun went to door of his bedroom and he saw Ryeowook completely underneath the blankets, from head to foot.

                “Can I come in?” Kyuhyun said as he knocked on the open door.

                “Sure…I’m sorry my room’s a mess.”  Ryeowook said underneath the covers.

                Kyuhyun looked around and it was far from being a mess compared to his.

                “Thank you for bringing food. I really appreciate it.”  Ryeowook said when he felt Kyuhyun pulled a chair to sit beside his bed.

                “What? Can you at least talk to me with your head out of the covers?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow as he stared at the small lump on the bed that was Ryeowook.

                “I don’t want to…my nose’s all stuffy…and red” Ryeowook complained but Kyuhyun heard it as soft grumbling.

                “Who cares….” Kyuhyun pulled the covers out of Ryeowook who continued to grasp on it tightly.

                “Gaaaaaah!!! I hate you! Still fighting with me when you know I’m sick! You’re really despicable…” Ryeowook complained and Kyuhyun burst into laughter. Ryeowook was not joking when he said his nose was all stuffy and red.

                “Getting busy with Santa, Rudolf?” Kyuhyun muttered in between laughter as he poked Ryeowook’s nose.

                “You’re really mean…” He shoved Kyuhyun finger away from his nose and he sank back into the bed, trying to cover the half of his face with the blanket with only his eyes showing.

                “What brought you here anyway?!” Ryeowook snarled.

                “Like what I’ve said I came here to bring food…” Kyuhyun explained and he was not sure if he was telling the truth. Yeah of course he wanted to bring food to his sick friend…and yeah friends do that, so he’s safe right? He considers Ryeowook as one of his friends now.

                “Stupid me…am I actually expecting to hear more reasons?I wonder how he even knew I’d be at home…this guy…he’s such a stalker..”  Ryeowook sighed.

                “Yah…I just came to check if you’re still alive…so there…I’d better get going…” Kyuhyun stood up without looking back at Ryeowook and he was already standing on the doorway when Ryeowook mustered all the courage to say something.

                “Thing…do you want to eat the noodles with me?”  Ryeowook said silently, crossing his fingers under the covers hoping Kyuhyun would say yes.

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter