He's Kim Ryeowook and He's with Me!

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “What the hell?! I told you I didn’t take it!!!” Ryeowook screamed at the guard interrogating him as he talked closely to his face.

                “Sir…I suggest you show some respect to authority. You are the offender in this room.” The head of security said darkly. He was so big and intimidating. Ryeowook had mental images of him being swallowed whole.

                “I told you…I didn’t know how that ended up inside my bag. Look…I’m not a bad person. If I need it I’d pay for it.” Ryeowook tried to make his tone less combative in the best way that he can.

                “Yeah…I’m sure the walked towards your bag.” One of the guards taunted and it earned jeers from the others.

                “That’s enough!” The head’s booming voice just made everyone shut up.

                “C’mon…if you’re not going to admit this here…we have to keep you in the detaining room. We’ll call the police and we’d let them deal with you.” The big man dragged Ryeowook up by the arm and the chef struggled because he felt he’s being manhandled.

                “HEY! GET YOUR HANDS OFF HIM!”

                Ryeowook looked at the door. Kyuhyun’s presence always made him feel uncomfortable..mad…irritated and you can toss all other negative feelings in but seeing him walk through the door now made him feel relief somehow.

                “May I know who you are sir?” The guard asked.

                “I’m Cho Kyuhyun”

                “So?” The guard chuckled a bit.                                                                 

                “YOU DON’T KNOW ME?!”  If Kyuhyun had fangs, they probably have popped out already. Ryeowook was scared to see him like that. It seems he was so mad his eyes were like balls of fire.

                “Doryeonim?”  A man wearing a crisp worksuit entered the room upon hearing the commotion.

                “Doryeonim?” The guard said in a confused tone.

                “Doryeonim!!! What made you grace us with your presence today? It’s such an honor to have you as our customer. What can we do for you?” The man said in between frantic bowing. Kyuhyun just raised an eyebrow at the man, his arms across his chest. Ryeowook and the rest of the room’s population looked at each other with confused looks.

                “Hey you…I don’t know you really…hell I can’t even remember your name…but you know me…I bet my life on it. Will you please tell your guards to stop interrogating this guy?” Kyuhyun pointed at Ryeowook to the manager.

                “Young master…I hope you don’t mind but I do need to ask questions. First off….may I know who is this man?”  The manager pointed at Ryeowook.

                “He’s Kim Ryeowook and he’s with me.” Kyuhyun said firmly without any hesitations. It made Ryeowook swallow hard. It was strange to hear this…as much as it was not appropriate to think about things in situations like this, he just can’t help but feel a little giddy.

                “He’s with me….”  Ryeowook can’t help but hear the phrase over and over again in his heated brain.  Kyuhyun walked towards Ryeowook in haste and he grabbed his other free arm yanking him towards his side away from the guard who was still holding on to his other arm. The other guards rushed towards Kyuhyun, pulling him away from Ryeowook.

                “HEY HOW DARE YOU TOUCH ME!” Kyuhyun screamed at the guards.

                “YEAH! HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HIM!” The manager shouted in agreement. The guards went “huh?” and everyone stopped.

                “Guys…please calm down…this is Mr.Cho Kyuhyun..he’s Mr. Park’s cousin and he’s  Ho Dong sahbumnim’s grandson..his favorite grandson..so...for the life of me and for the love of our jobs…will you please settle down and tell me what happened.” The manager intervened.

                Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, the head security guard and everyone in the room started talking simultaneously all in hurried tones on top of their lungs.

                “SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The manager’s fuse just got busted. Again everyone stopped and they all sat down.

----------------

                The manager heard Ryeowook’s side and the security guard’s side. Kyuhyun was looking impatiently at his watch. He looked guiltily at Ryeowook who was now struggling to defend himself. He sighed and he felt he can’t breath because of all the bad feelings brewing up inside him now. He can’t deny it…it was his entire fault…him and his stupid prank gone wrong.

                “So…is there anyway we can settle this?” The manager asked the people around him.

               

                “Why don’t you look at the CCTV? That will prove I’m innocent” Ryeowook said in an exasperated tone.  Kyuhyun  choked in his own spit, audible to everyone inside the room. Watching the CCTV will reveal that he was the one who put the in the cart and seeing that will surely earn wrath towards him from the poor chef. He fidgeted on his seat and his palms were already sweating.

                “Hmmm….” The manager looked the guards nervously, who avoided his gaze.

                “You hear him right? Let’s go! Get the tapes!” Kyuhyun gave a cheap shot on bravery.

                “We have a slight problem with that…the CCTV is actually broken.” The manager locked his gaze at the center of the table in sheer embarrassment. Kyuhyun grinned impishly at him. He thought maybe it was his day after all.

                “So…you’re telling me that the CCTV is broken? Since when? Did Leeteuk-hyung know about this? I wonder….” Kyuhyun ran his finger on his chin looking at the ceiling, as if he’s thinking of bad things to say.

                “Uhmmm..hmm…” The manager mumbled.

                “Uhmmm…hmmm WHAT?!. I have a strong feeling…he doesn’t know anything about this…tsk tsk…tsk…such a shame right?” Kyuhyun grinned again.

                “Doryeonim…please…I’m begging you…please don’t tell this to Mr. Park…Please??? I’ll kneel in front of you if I have to.” The manager pleaded.

                “ No need to kneel actually…I WANT HIM FREE!!!! I’ll pay for all the condoms in this whole supermarket  if that’s what you want!” Kyuhyun shouted as he pointed at Ryeowook.

                “No need to buy the products Kyuhyun-shii…its okay….let him go.” The manager gave in at Kyuhyun’s not so blatant threatening. The guard stood up and he opened Ryeowook’s handcuffs. The chef was relieved to have his hands free because the steel was starting to hurt against his reddened skin. He massaged it a bit and Kyuhyun saw this plus Ryeowook’s gloomy face. He bit his lower lip and his stomach continued to churn because of guilt. It’s really not a good feeling. It was just sheer amount of luck that got them away from this situation, but it doesn’t make him feel any better.

--------------

                Ryeowook went out of the room and Kyuhyun followed silently. He was thinking of the right words to say. The chef had his gaze on the floor all the way until they were out of the supermarket. He held on to the shopping bag containing the ingredients.  Kyuhyun was eyeing him from head to foot and he can feel the other’s negative vibes. Non-bickering Ryeowook was really no fun. He took the bags from the chef and the latter gave it with no struggle.

                “Let’s go…the car’s over there.” Kyuhyun was the first one to break the silence in the past ten minutes.

                “ Go ahead. I’ll take the bus see you at the resto..” Ryeowook turned his back on Kyuhyun, He put his hands on his pockets and he walked away even before the taller one can said anything. 

                “Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun called him but Ryeowook looked back with that expression between sullen and angry that held Kyuhyun’s words. He was about to say “Yah! Don’t be to emotional about it okay!”, but when he saw Ryeowook’s eyes, they were really about to cry.  He decided to let him go and he went to the parking lot.

-----------------

                “I can’t believe that just happened to me…” Ryeowook said on his own as he walked away. It was really a very embarrassing and scary experience. He always believed he was the silent type and  that it was good to be kind, so situations like that, that he needed to stand up for himself in the bravest way possible was really quite traumatic. It was something new and he felt very tired.  Bickering with Kyuhyun since early evening and ending the day with this, was just to exhausting for him. Oh….it’s still not the end of the day, he remembered he still have to deal with Kyuhyun in the kitchen.

--------------

                Kyuhyun put the bags in the trunk and he boarded the driver’s seat in a heavy thump. He  started the car and he held on the steering wheel hard. He glared sideways in deep thought. This is really eating up his conscience. He was mean…yes…but he believed he was not a bad person. Everyone around him contests that but he believed that man by nature…is good. This is one of the few times that he actually had a heart.  He remembered Ryeowook’s sad eyes and it made guilt creep in for the nth time.

---------------

 

                 Ryeowook let out a deep, deep sigh when a car stopped beside him on the sidewalk.

                “Yah! Go inside now!” Kyuhyun shouted at the open window of his car. Ryeowook just looked at him and he continued walking.        

                “Yah! Are you deaf?! It will take another hour before you arrive at the restaurant. Such a waste of time!”

                The chef ignored him conti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter