He Loves Me..He loves me...NOT

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             Kyuhyun stared at the cellphone screen for one minute till the ringing stopped. He leaned back on his car doing deep breathing and trying to think of the right thing to do. How can he be so stupid to forget that he has a date with Seohyun? This is just simply unforgivable. He thought hard where they agreed to meet for dinner.

                He remembered where but he also remembered that it’s on the opposite side of Seoul from where he is now. He was never late and he NEVER stood up in any of their dates…ever. He can feel his head was throbbing. Now, he was really really confused.

                He thought about Ryeowook, what will it cause him if he stood him up? This mini field trip was definitely short notice and they really don’t have a relationship aside from the student-teacher thing going on. He knew their relationship was purely professional but something inside him was telling him that Ryeowook will be sad if he won’t come. He remembered his promise inside the refrigerator, he would never make Ryeowook feel bad again…ever. So he did have a promise to keep right?

                He was in the middle of pondering when his phone rang again. It’s Seohyun again. He decided to cancel the call and he walked towards the subway station.

--------------

From: Jagiya

                Hi baby! ^_^ I didn’t forget that we do have a dinner date today but Grandpa suddenly wanted to have a meeting with us and you know him…I just can’t say no. I can’t pick up the phone right now…you know how he hated the use of cellphones inside his boardroom.  His word is law…right? I’m really really terribly sorry and I understand if you’d hate me for this. I can send the driver to pick you up and drive you home. Honey..I’m really really sorry. I’ll make it up to you…sorry again… T___T…love you

                Seohyun read the text message sadly and he stared around the other tables. Everyone was having a great time. She felt like crying. It was the first time this actually happened. Kyuhyun always fixed his schedule for them to spend time together. She was sad but she knew she can’t stay mad. She even bought a new dress and new shoes for this but she understands her boyfriend was a busy person.

                She grabbed her phone again, typing her reply with a heavy heart.

----------------

From: Seohyun

                It’s okay baby…don’t worry about me. I brought my driver with me. Enjoy your meeting and see you soon. Say hi  to Ho-dong-shii for me. Take care…love you…

                Kyuhyun read the text message and he felt guilty more than ever. He was blatantly lying, and to make matters worse, Seohyun’s being all graceful about it. He was hoping she’d get mad, it will somehow appease his guilt at least.

                Why does it feel like he was cheating?

                His gripped tightened at the steel railing overhead. He removed his tie and he put it in his pocket. He looked around the train and it was not anywhere near full. He found it strange that he was the only one wearing an Armani suit and leather shoes. Most of the people are wearing casual clothing and they were kinda looking at him strangely because he looked so awkward and out of place.

                Kyuhyun sighed for two reasons.

                One, Ryeowook made him ride the subway and two, he made him lie to Seohyun. It’s not anywhere Ryeowook’s fault though, it was all his and he wanted to knock his head on the glass doors of the train in front of him.

---------

                Seohyun was standing outside of the restaurant door  while waiting for the driver. It’s drizzling a bit and she stayed on the roofed part of the restaurant patio. A familiar figure was walking towards her and much to her surprise, it was Leeteuk.

                “Seohyun? It’s a surprise to see you here!” Leeteuk made a small bow.

                “Leeteuk-shii!! I’m equally surprised! I thought you have a meeting with Ho-dongshii today?”

                “Huh? Grandpa was in China since 3 days ago…we’re actually happy we’re having free days because he’s gone…” Leeteuk smiled not sensing that Seohyun was blinking at him with an alarmed expression.

                “Oh…is that so?” Seohyun muttered silently as she can feel her whole body shaking. Her car arrived and she said goodbye to Leeteuk

                Inside the car, Seohyun felt like she was running out of breath.

                Kyuhyun was lying, as for the reason, she’s yet to find out.

-----------

                Ryeowook sat at the nearby bench along the platform, his chest heaving a bit every time a train arrived, three trains have passed and Kyuhyun’s has not arrived yet. He feared he might not show up.

                “So what right?” Ryeowook smirked at himself as he kicked invisible trash on the floor. He saw another train’s headlight from a distance and he stood up by the platform.

-----------

                Kyuhyun saw the Itaewon station and he has that crazy heart flips again. Was he really this excited to see Ryeowook?

                He stood by the door ready to go down and he saw Ryeowook standing by the platform wearing his pink hoodie. He can’t help his lips stretching into a smile. He didn’t know how long Ryeowook has been waiting in the station. He anticipated the train to stop but to his dismay the train didn’t. It passed by the station and Ryeowook became a dot from distance in a matter of seconds.

                “HEY! WHAT’S WRONG??!! WHY DIDN’T THE TRAIN STOP?!!!” Kyuhyun exclaimed and everyone in train was looking at him weirdly.

                “Relax sir…you rode the express train. This train will just stop in the last station. It doesn’t stop in the stations in between the first and the last…” The nearby guard explained.

                “You gotta be kidding me! How would I know that this was the express train?!” Kyuhyun questioned.

                “The 8 pm train is always the express train. Everyone in Seoul knows about that sir.” The guard looked at Kyuhyun in disbelief.

                “Yeah everyone in Seoul that rides the subway and that doesn’t include me!!!”  Kyhyun shouted inside his head as he closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. Ryeowook might be right in saying that he’s some walking bad luck.

                “If I ride all the way to the last station and come back to Itaewon, riding the non-express train…how long will it take me?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to be polite.

                “Around  45 mins to 1 hour sir. You still have to pass  18 stations.” The guard pointed at the subway map posted by the windows.

                “Seriously?” Kyuhyun’s eyes popped out. He cancelled his date with Seohyun for this and Ryeowook just might not be that patient to wait for him. In the end, he ended up losing both appointments. This day was really not his day.

                “Yes..sir and I suggest you sit back and relax. Enjoy the ride.” The guard smiled but Kyuhyun see it as the mocking type of smile.

                Kyuhyun sat in one of the seats and he dialed Ryeowook’s number.

                Incoming Video call: Thing

                Ryeowook picked up the call and Kyuhyun appeared on the screen.

                “Hey Ryeowook! I took the wrong train…I happen to be in the express train and it doesn’t stop till the last station. You didn’t tell me that these kinds of trains exist! It will took me another hour to get back to Itaewon. I understand if you already want to go home. You might be starving already.”

                Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun on the screen. He wanted to laugh at how Kyuhyun loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter