How to Not Cry over Onions

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                “Oh…this is a pleasant surprise…” Seohyun’s sentence was cut short when Kyuhyun stole a quick peck on her lips. It made her blush as she looked around because there were so many people in the lobby. Kyuhyun just looked at her with a sly smirk on his face.

                “C’mon…let’s eat lunch together ”  He took her hand on his as she dragged her away from the crowded lobby of her office building.

 

------------

                “Where do you want to eat?” Kyuhyun asked thoughtfully as he watch her browse her new portfolio. She was working on her new designs for the upcoming spring collection.

                “Hmmm…I’m kinda craving for crepes…and I know Leeteuk-shii's restaurant have the best crepes…but will it be okay for you if we eat there…after the steak fiasco?” Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun with puppy eyes while holding his hand against her lips.

                Now who can say no to that? Kyuhyun…actually he can’t find any reason to say no, because of Seohyun being cute like that and because the steak incident kinda didn’t matter anymore.

                “Sure…” He smiled at his girlfriend sweetly.

--------------

                “Kyu…do you want to have some appetizers?”

                “Sure…”

                “Hmmm…what to order?” Seohyun eyed the menu intently. Kyuhyun checked out his and when he noticed the Brie En Croute,his eyes shone brightly like a kid.

                “We can order this!” He pointed the dish excitedly to Seohyun as he remembered how the delicious melted cheese and mushrooms tasted in his mouth from days ago.

                “Oh..sure…you seem so excited…have you tasted this before?” Seohyun looked at him with a big question mark on her face.

                “Ah…hmmm…no” Kyuhyun lied.

                “Oh…okay…” Seohyun replied.

---------------

                The couple started eating when the appetizer was served and then followed by the rest of their food. Kyuhyun was chewing on some beef when he suddenly stopped chewing when he noticed something …or rather someone a few meters away from him. He saw Ryeowook talking animatedly to some old couple and he was all smiling and happy. He looked like he was explaining something about the food. Kyuhyun saw that familiar happy glint in his eye  again when anything about food was mentioned.  He was slightly relieved that somehow Ryeowook looked okay now. It seems that he recovered fast enough from that unfortunate event in the supermarket. He was unconscious that he was already spacing out and that Seohyun was talking to him.

                The girl looked at where Kyuhyun was looking and she saw the chef. She was slightly alarmed that Kyuhyun saw Ryeowook.

                “Oh no…Kyuhyun…please…don’t get mad at him again. It’s all over now…please?” Seohyun assumed by the way Kyuhyun was boring his gaze on Ryeowook.

                “No…its okay…” Kyuhyun was about to return his gaze at his girlfriend when Ryeowook threw a glance at their direction. He saw Kyuhyun and he made a small bow with a genuine smile on his face. Kyuhyun looked past through him and he pretended that he didn’t saw him smile as he returned his attention to Seohyun.

                Ryeowook’s smile turned into a pained expression when Kyuhyun ignored him. He was just smiling enthusiastically and he felt stupid for assuming that he will smile back.  He can almost feel baby horses trampling on his heart.

                “What the hell is this?”  Ryeowook cursed in his mind and he didn’t notice that his brows were already knitted in the middle.

                “Son…are you with us?” The old man asked the chef who looked like he was stoned.

                “Oh…I’m terribly sorry sir…what were you saying?” Ryeowook tried to smile at the couple.

                “I just said we had a terrific meal and we will definitely come back to this restaurant. The owner is very lucky to have you as one of his chefs” The old man ended with a toothy grin.

                “Thank you sir…thank you very much. I will definitely look forward to your next visit” Ryeowook bowed at the old couple and he turned around.

                That was something to be happy about but he just felt terrible inside.  He walked his way towards the direction of the kitchen. He casted a quick glance at Seohyun feeding Kyuhyun with some crepe he remembered he made a while ago. He let out a heavy sigh as he pushed the kitchen door.

                “All in a day’s work…” Ryeowook said to himself and then he remembered it was Wednesday.

-----------------------

                He sat on one of the empty tables flipping the small notebook between his fingers.  Ryeowook glanced at the wall clock.

                10:00

                “The lessons should have started around 9 …”  Ryeowook said to himself as he continued flipping through the notebook’s pages. He can’t seem  to pull himself off the newfound melancholy he had established earlier that day. It was kind of not really happy when Kyuhyun see past through him when he was all smiles.

                “Pabo moment no.1”   Ryeowook made a mental note.

                He also can’t deny the fact that he was not happy to see Kyuhyun with his girlfriend doing all those lovey-dovey stuffs.  He just can’t compare it to any other feeling he had felt before. Strange as it seems , but he can’t help but notice that Kyuhyun’s starting to grow on him pretty bad.

                “Am I jealous? This can’t be happening…”

                “Pabo moment no.2”  Ryeowook shook his head side to side as if trying to brush away the thoughts.

                “Why are you still here? It’s already late...” Boa sat beside his favorite dongsaeng. Hankyung who was about to leave with her stopped and pulled another seat. Ryeowook just looked at them with an exasperated smile.

                “Oh are you having those lessons again with King Brat?” Hangeng chuckled as he asked and Ryeowook just nodded slowly.

                “King brat? Lessons? I’m hurt that I don’t know anything about this when you two seems to know everything!”  Boa feigned disappointment with a cute pout. These two people were Ryeowook’s closest friends in the restaurant. They had been together for two years and somehow they clicked almost instantly since day 1. He just find it comforting to have these two around when all of them have their families living far away. It’s been two birthdays, two Christmases and New Years for the three of them.

                “You see? Our cute dongsaeng here was running a despicable errand for Leeteuk-shii…He asked Ryeowook to teach his brat kitchen moron cousin Kyuhyun  to cook a  French 7 course meal…take note…French 7 course meal…Not really very easy right?”  Hangeng explained.

                “Huh? Why would someone who’s probably as filthy rich as Leeteuk-shii would want to learn how to cook? I mean they can just hire us?” Boa started to wonder.

                “Hmmm…I really don’t know what’s it for noona” Ryeowook replied with a blank expression on his face as he checked the clock again, 15 minutes has passed.

                “So he’s late I’m guessing..but you’re still waiting?” Boa questioned him.

                “Uhmm..yeah” Ryeowook answered again.

                “What’s this?” Hangeng tried to grab the black notebook Ryeowook was flipping while they talked.

                “Nothing Hyung…” Ryeowook glared and pried the notebook away from Hangeng’s grasp forcefully.

                “Huh? Why so defensive?!” The Chinese man  retorted.

                “It’s nothing…alright?” Ryeowook looked at his hyung as if he just wanted to apologize for snapping like that. He just can’t understand why he’s not really feeling well…inside.

                “Drop it Geng…Let’s leave him alone…” Boa pats Ryeowook’s shoulder as she stood up. Hangeng soon followed still looking hardly at Ryeowook. Ryeowook just gave them a forced smile and a small wave.

                When they went out of the restaurant, Hangeng nudged Boa on the side.

                “What the hell?” Hangeng pointed at Ryeowook who was still on their view from the outside.

                “Hmm…I’m really not sure.” Boa looked back and the sulking boy with worry all over her face. She noted she has to talk to Ryeowook one of these days. He looked like he’s bothered with something.

                They were pondering when a rushing silver car passed through them almost knocking off Boa if Hangeng didn’t pull her to the gutter in time.

                “WHO THE HELL WAS THAT! SUCH AN !” Boa started cursing.

-------------------

                “Good evening sir” Shindong greeted the familiar tall figure that went through the door. Kyuhyun was still wearing his work suit as he entered the double panel doors of Delicieux. He saw Ryeowook on the far end of the dining hall sitting without looking up.

                “Oh…he will nag me endlessly without fail for being late”  Kyuhyun walked towards the chef who was still wearing his uniform.

                “Hey…aren’t you supposed to be waiting in the kitchen?”

                Ryeowook looked up and was slightly startled to see that Kyuhyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter