The Stolen

Listen To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                The constant tapping of fingertips annoyed Ryeowook like no other as he wrote something on one of the corner tables  of Delicieux.  Everytime he looked up it’s just Cho Kyuhyun tapping his long fingernails on the table top grinning at him. It’s not funny, so he just continued on writing on his small notebook.

                “Hey…mister chef…you know I didn’t come here just to stare at you doing your scribbles right there alright? Didn’t come here to waste my time either….” Kyuhyun said irately to Ryeowook when he realized he was tired of grinning and tapping.

                Ryeowook looked up and rolled his eyes. He can’t say he was not prepared to face these kind of remarks.

                “You…see…hmm…hey I don’t even know your name…care to introduce yourself?” Ryeowook replied with a forced smile.

                “I believe my cousin already told you my name so I don’t feel the need to introduce myself…”

                “Oh…I’m sorry to tell but he just pertained to you as his cousin…”

                “Is that so?”

                “Yes…he didn’t tell me your name Kyuh---” Ryeowook then stopped himself realizing that he’s already mentioning his name.

                “I see you’re a bad liar…” It was Kyuhyun’s turn to roll his eyes at the embarrassed Ryeowook.

                “Nevermind…you…you…thing…let’s get started shall we?” Ryeowook said shrugging off the other’s comment. Being called a “thing” made Kyuhyun’s mouth hang open in disbelief.

                “Did I hear you right? You just called me a “thing” Why you?!” Kyuhyun’s face turned murderous.

                “Yeah you heard me right! And you’ll remain the “thing” for me unless you properly introduce yourself to me. It’s basic courtesy.” Ryeowook said with a winning smile on his face.

                “What the hell? Why are you so fussing about me introducing myself to you? It’s not like you’re a girl I’m going to date you know!” Kyuhyun said furiously his hands now gripping the table. He was beginning to realize that Kim Ryeowook, despite his soft demeanor in general, can be so capable of annoying him much.

                “I think if I’m a girl…I won’t date you…thing”

                “Why…you..you’re really pissing me off!” Kyuhyun’s voice was starting to get louder.

                “You started it…Let’s go thing” Ryeowook smirked.

                “Where are we going?!” Kyuhyun trailed behind Ryeowook who was now heading towards the door.

                “The supermarket…you need to learn how to look for the right ingredients…”

                “Can’t we just skip that? I’m sure this resto has enough of them in the pantry…”

                “Thing…are you always gonna be here when you cook?”

                Kyuhyun twisted his lips in annoyance because he just can’t find the words to get back on that. He followed Ryeowook outside.

                “Hey! You take the bus…I don’t’ want to ride with you…you’ll ruin my car.” Kyuhyun  looked down at the much smaller boy who was standing beside him.

                “I don’t mind riding a bus…I don’t want to ride with you anyway…see you in a while…thing”  Ryeowook waved and he turned his back on Kyuhyun who crossed the street towards the parking lot.

----------------

                “Arrrgh!!!! The nerve of that guy to call me a thing!”  Kyuhyun said to himself as he rounded the corner where Ryeowook was still waiting for the bus.

                “That ! He really made me ride the bus! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!” Ryeowook swinged his bag forcefully on his side when he saw Kyuhyun’s car round the corner.

---------------

                Among the list of things that can piss off Cho Kyuhyun...it’s waiting for anything or anyone that occupied the top spot. He once heard one of their maids back home say “That spoiled brat has the patience of a 2 year old!!!”, and of course that was the last thing he heard of the maid because she was fired that very same day. He glanced at his watch and he realized he’d been waiting for 30 minutes outside the supermarket.

                “How dare him to make me wait!” Kyuhyun grabbed his phone to call Leeteuk.

                “Hello! How’s your lessons?” Leeteuk answered in a cheerful voice.

                “Send me his number right now Hyung!?”

                Leeteuk moved the phone  a good few inches away from his ear. He wondered what’s wrong again.

                “Hyung…are you still there? I said send me his number RIGHT NOW!” Kyuhyun exclaimed again.

                “I HEARD YOU ALRIGHT!” Leeteuk screamed back and then he ended the call.

                Kim Ryeowook: +196218711

--------------------------

                Video call  +192038813

                “Who the hell?” Ryeowook cancelled the call but the caller was persistent, calling  3 more times, so he later changed his mind. The image slowly formed in the small screen and he was shocked to see Kyuhyun’s angry face. He didn’t remember giving him his number.

                “YAH! WHERE ARE YOU!!!! I’ve been waiting here for 30 minutes!!!?” Kyuhyun’s voice was so loud people were already staring at Ryeowook. The chef fumbled inside his bag to find his earphones.

                “I’m still in the bus you see?!” Ryeowook flashed his phone on the rest of the bus so that Kyuhyun can see.

                “Why freaking slow!?”

                “It’s rush hour…the traffic was heavy. You see the bus passed by main roads..and you passed by side streets…surely you’d arrive earlier! Stop screaming!! You’re hurting my ear!” Ryeowook answered, honestly he find it quite funny…watching Kyuhyun so mad but so helpless…he really can’t do anything right?

                “Whatever…I’m hanging up.”  Kyuhyun glared at Ryeowook for one last time.

                Just like that, Kyuhyun disappeared from the screen and Ryeowook was grinning.

                “He really had to do a videocall…as if his voice was not enough for me to feel his impatience. Gaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! So immature…how old is he? Five?!”  Ryeowook shook his head as he removed his earphones.

                He stared at his phone wondering if he should save his number. He just felt weird. He can feel his heart beating a few beats faster after the call.  Maybe it was just because he was pissed off too. Any emotion that’s more than the normal can cause faster heartbeats right?

                After a few more moments of self-evaluation,he decided to add him in his phonebook  for future reference.

Name:  Cho Kyuhyun

Number: +192038813

                 *saves*

                He decided to open the phonebook entry again to edit.

Name: Thing

Number: +192038813

                “Well…that suits him better”   Ryeowook was laughing on his own as he leaned his head on the bus window.

--------------------

                “FINALLY!” Kyuhyun  wanted to scream when he saw Ryeowook walking towards him 20 minutes after the call. He checked his watch and it’s already 8:00 pm…these cooking lessons deprive him of precious game time.

                “Let’s go thing…follow me.” Ryeowook coaxed him with a come hither move of his finger. Kyuhyun was slightly alarmed, wasn’t that just to flirtatious?

-----------------

                Kyuhyun was looking around wide-eyed wandering if they really needed to be there when everything they needed was already available in the restaurant. Ryeowook grabbed a medium sized cart starting to push it along the aisle.

                “Since it’s a seven course meal, it’s important you need to know the seven components….” Ryeowook looked up to meet Kyuhyun’s bored face. He’s starting to hate the sound of Ryeowook’s voice as he started to lecture.

                “So do you know the seven components?”

                “Ermm…of course! Appetizer, Soup, Salad, Main course, dessert…see? I’m not such a moron you know..”  Kyuhyun answered proudly.

                “Actually you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter