Lee Kikwang

This Is...

Kikwang’s alarm went off at exactly 6am. He woke up but refused to open his eyes. Shifting his weight to his left arm, he flung his right arm to his bedside table looking for his phone. When he found it, he took it near him and pressed random buttons. He wasn’t in the mood for a jog this morning. After successfully turning his alarm off, he flipped over and buried his head under his pillow.

 

I shouldn’t have stayed out too late jogging. But can I help it when it helps me relieve stress?

 

Kikwang sighed and turned to the other side, still with his pillow over his head. He pulled his blankets closer and curled into a ball.

 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ Kim Hyuna… None of this would be happening if it wasn’t for you.

 

Kikwang sighed loudly under his covers. He peaked into an opening and looked outside his window. The sun is yet to rise but he knows he has to get up and prepare. He wore his favorite black hoodie and a pair of dark gray jogging pants to match his black and white running shoes. Before going out, he stopped by his mirror and checked himself out. The deep and dark pair of eyebags was the only thing he didn’t find appealing on his face, other than that, he thinks he’s perfectly handsome.

 

Handsome enough for a K-pop idol~

 

He winked at his reflection, took his phone with him, plugged his earphones in and walked out the door.

 

The coolness of the February morning air made Kikwang shiver. But he’s not the type to give up easily. He started walking towards the east. After a while, he started jogging. He likes working out for a lot of reasons. First, it helps relieve his stress. Second, it helps his body be more fit and muscular; Something he deems helpful in his future as a K-pop idol. And lastly, it’s when he can make the best decisions.

 

If I consider Hyuna’s proposal, I’ll get to see her a lot again.

 

 

I’m not fairly sure if I like that, honestly.

 

As the song changed to one of his top played, he started gaining pace.

 

But besides seeing Hyuna, I’ll be a step closer to my dream. Isn’t my dream more important than Hyuna?

 

Kikwang inhaled the air around him and closed his eyes for a while.

 

If only Hyuna didn’t change… Maybe my heart wouldn’t have changed, too.

 

Trickles of sweat started forming on his forehead and neck. It made him shiver more when the wind blew cool on him. He put his hoodie up for warmth.

 

I know I don’t have feelings for Hyuna anymore but… Why am I still so scared to see her?

 

He changed the song to a song he’d been listening to a lot lately.

 

 

 

 

He can totally relate to this song so it has more meaning for him. He clicked play and started jogging again. When he approached a curb, he started running. He felt his sweat cool with the help of the wind. He ran faster when he reached the park.

 

I don’t trust you with my heart anymore, Kim Hyuna. But I’m gonna say yes to you… Because my dream is more important than you.

 

I’m gonna be a Cube Entertainment artist.

 

--

 

Kikwang alternately jogged and ran all over the park for almost an hour. He was exhausted and badly dehydrated. He walked to a nearby convenience store and brought a liter of water which he drank on the bench just outside the store. He took his phone and looked at his inbox. There had been a message there that he had been reading repeatedly ever since he received it last Sunday.

 

Today’s Sunday as well. It took me some kilometers of running, a lot of sleepless nights and a week to decide.

 

He opened Hyuna’s message and read it again:

 

Kikwang oppa~ I know you don’t feel the same for me anymore and it has been so long since we’ve seen each other but… I really know how much you want to be an idol. And as atonement, I would like to help you get into Cube Entertainment. They love me here~ And I’m sure I can get you in! You’re a great dancer and your voice is good, too~ So I don’t think it’d be hard for me to get you in. What do you say? If you’re wondering why I’m doing this, I’m doing this so you can finally forgive me~ I want to be friends with you again. Think about this carefully, oppa. You’ve always wanted to be a performer~~ – Your Kim Hyuna

 

Kikwang couldn’t help but chuckle bitterly at the end. He had changed his number in 2007 and that was when he realized he didn’t want any relations with Hyuna anymore, and yet she has still managed to get his number. He drank half of his water in one go before replying.

 

Okay. When is the audition? What do I have to prepare? Thanks.

 

He stared at the message he has typed. A part of him wants to know how Hyuna can “help” him get in and the other wants to know how Hyuna got his number. He decided it will just make him more involved with her so he sent it plain and cold.

 

Since it was still early morning, he didn’t bother waiting for Hyuna’s reply and just kept his phone in his pocket. He consumed the remaining contents of his bottle and threw it in the bin before he jogged back to his house.

 

I’m pretty sure I would need to sing and dance for the audition. I can practice singing at home but dancing… My mum wouldn’t want me to flipping all over inside. I need to find a dance studio.

 

Kikwang was approaching his house when he remembered something.

 

“She was supposed to debut in the US but they kept on delaying her debut so she decided to come back to Korea and teach dance.”

 

He stopped abruptly on his tracks and took his phone out. He looked at the clock that read 7:58AM. He went through his contacts, pressed a button and put the phone on his ear.

 

Trainees are supposed to be awake at this time.

 

The other end picked up, “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Chansung? This is Kikwang. Can I have Min’s number?”

 

There was no answer. Kikwang continued walking towards his house.

 

“Chansung?”

 

“Yeah… What do you need her number for?”

 

“Ah~ I want to enroll myself in her dance class.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Kikwang could hear the uncertainty and hesitation in Chansung’s voice.

 

“I just want to brush up my dancing skills. And I think maybe dance class would help”, explained Kikwang.

 

“I see… I’ll send her number to you then.”

 

Kikwang’s eyes lit up. He almost shouted in joy but managed to hold it in and just clenched his free hand to a fist.

 

“Thanks, Chansung!! Thanks a lot!!”

 

“Sure. No problem. Got to go now, hyung is calling me.”

 

“Okay, thank you again! Bye!”

 

They both hung up and Kikwang smiled widely as he nodded in satisfaction.

 

Get ready, Korea… Lee Kikwang is gonna be a K-pop idol.

 

Soon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I couldn't  find a picture of Kikwang in a black hoodie XD Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! I also changed the foreword since the old foreword didn't have Hongki in it. To answer the comments, you guys just have to wait for the future chapters! XD Sorry if I confused you guys but I hope to make the new chapters as fast as possible so you guys can be enlightened soon. I hope you guys anticipate for them! Thank you so much!