Part II

This Is...

Min walked inside the crowded mall feeling uneasy.

 

Too… Many… People…

 

Kikwang was walking in front of her trying to lead the way through the sea of people without touching her.  He kept on looking back to see if she was still behind him. Min noticed this so she decided to hold on to Kikwang’s bag pack.  He felt her hold on so he looked back to see if anything was wrong.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t get lost,” she said with a sincere smile. He smiled back and started walking to his favorite clothing store. Min followed while looking around. It’s her first time going to a Korean mall in about 3 or 4 years. She saw various endorsements of the Wonder Girls, Bigbang, Lee Hyori and Rain all over. When she saw an endorsement by 2PM, she stopped and walked over to it. Kikwang felt Min’s sudden movement so he looked back and followed her.

 

Seven beastly idols were smiling towards the camera while sporting the branded cap they were endorsing. Min laughed at how funny all the boys looked. Kikwang looked at it and wondered why Min was laughing. “What’s funny?”

 

“This!” She said as she pointed to the poster while laughing. “I saw these 'men' grow up and I still can’t believe they’re famous now!”

 

Kikwang looked at the poster again and saw the people he once trained with. He smiled as he remembered how those men made him happy when JYP told him he had to leave the label. Min saw this and asked him why he was smiling. He told her that he was happy they finally debuted after years of training. Min smiled and patted Kikwang’s back.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll be famous, too. And I’ll help you get famous!” Min said with enthusiasm. Kikwang smiled and was going to speak when Min forcefully span him around and lightly pushed him. “Now, we need to get you clothes fit for an idol.”

 

The two went inside the store and looked around. Min noticed that the place housed shirts with artistic designs. She went over to Kikwang and he handed her a black shirt. “Would this look good on me?” Min looked at the shirt that had a white design on it resembling ‘crop circles’. Min looked at Kikwang with her eyebrow raised.

 

“Are you serious? If you want to make an impression, you shouldn’t wear a simple shirt!”, exclaimed Min. Kikwang scratched his head and thought of what he could wear. Min, on the other hand, saw a shirt that she liked. It was a black shirt with a big grunge red star on it.

 

“Wow~”, Min looked at the price to see if she could afford it but saw that it was for men and cost 37,500 won.  

 

“Awwwwwwwww~ I should have brought more money with me!” she exclaimed under her breath. Kikwang saw her holding on to the shirt and found the design interesting. He came over and told her she has nice taste.

 

“I think this would impress them well. It’s simple… But hardcore.” Kikwang nodded smugly.

 

“Huh?? No! I wasn’t looking at this for you! I think it would look better on me than on you.”

 

Kikwang patted Min’s head, not hearing what she said and went to the saleslady to ask for the same shirt. Min rolled her eyes and stared at the shirt. “This would look so good with my boots. I’ll come back to you! Please don’t sell yourself to others, okay?” She said to the inanimate object and caressed it lovingly. Glancing around her, she swiftly hid the shirt behind all the others, hoping it won’t get sold before she buys it.

 

Min turned around to see Kikwang by the cashier, already buying shirts. She sighed and walked over to him. “YAH!! I told you that you need more than just a shirt to impress them, yet you still bought?” She shook her head in dismay. He smiled with his eyes and laughed awkwardly.

 

“I’m hungry! Let’s eat! We can buy more clothes after we eat~”

 

Min rolled her eyes and left Kikwang inside while saying he should buy her food. Kikwang hurriedly followed Min while holding on to his purchases. He walked beside Min and looked at her. “What do you want to eat? I’ll buy you anything you want!”

 

“Everything edible in this mall…” She said as she glanced at Kikwang seriously, his eyes wide with what she said. “Can you afford that?” She continued as she started walking again.

 

Is she mad because I bought shirts instead of something else?

 

“I am not an idol yet so I can’t afford all that…” he said carefully. “I don’t think I can afford all those even when I become an idol anyway… But I think I can make you feel happier with this!” Kikwang pulled Min by her bag strap and walked forward briskly.

 

Min was taken aback by his actions but walked faster anyway as she didn’t want to trip. “YAH!! LEE KIKWANG!!! Do you want me to trip???” She raised her voice at Kikwang who only shook his head. “Do you want to die then???” She pressed on.

 

Kikwang stopped on his tracks and turned around. Min glared and said, “I didn’t think so.”

 

“Lee Minyoung, I am still your oppa. And I’m taking you out to make you happy. And I didn’t touch you, I only touched your bag”, Kikwang said with a straight face, Min felt embarrassed and wished her cheeks won’t turn red because of it. However, Kikwang saw her face turning red. He didn’t mean to sound so serious but he didn’t like how Min was forgetting he was older than her. He stuck his tongue out to make Min feel better. He smiled and patted her head and pulled on her bag again.

 

Min and Kikwang made their way to the mall’s market found on the lowest floor. Kikwang took a shopping cart and placed his bag on it.

 

“Do you want a ride, Lee Minyoung?” he asked playfully.

 

Min smiled and shook her head. “Do you want a ride instead?” Kikwang laughed and placed himself inside the cart. Min laughed along, put her bag in it, and held onto it. “Are you ready to die?” ask Min.

 

“HUH???” Kikwang asked in surprise.

 

Min pushed the cart while running along the aisles of the store. Kikwang was holding onto the cart with his eyes wide. “WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! IS THIS EVEN LEGAL???” asked Kikwang whose voice was louder than it should be. Min only laughed in response and ran faster while pushing the cart. People were staring at the two and some were even annoyed by Kikwang’s screams. When Min turned around to the dairy section, she stopped forcefully and started walking. Her breath was uneven and loud.

 

Kikwang laughed and asked, “Are you tired? Let me give you a ride now!” As he was starting to stand up, Min made it out of the dairy section and started running again, which made Kikwang fall back into the cart.

 

“YAH!!!” yelled Kikwang.

 

Min laughed loudly and yelled back, “I didn’t want to break any eggs, Kikwang!”

 

“It’s not the eggs you should worry about!!” Kikwang argued but Min only laughed and started another round around the store. “STOP!! MINYOUNG, STOP!!” Kikwang yelled over and over. She was having fun maneuvering the cart away from the people, their carts, and the store’s items so Kikwang’s pleads made no appeal to her. Her pace was getting slower but it still wasn’t enough for Kikwang to be able to get out of the cart. He was almost lying down in the cart when he decided he had to stop Min as the guards may come for them soon. He flipped himself over with much effort and faced Min. “LEE MINYOUNG!!” She was startled as Kikwang’s face was only inches away from hers. She let go of the cart in surprise.

 

“WAIT!! WHAWHYWHAWHYWHYWHA”, Kikwang wasn’t making any sense as he was panicking. The cart was still moving forward and no one was there to stop it from colliding to the freezer at the end of the aisle. “MINYOUNG!!!!”

 

Min was also panicking from what had happened. She didn’t know whether Kikwang’s face in front of her was more startling or what could happen to them when Kikwang hits the freezer was. Still, she ran forward and reached her hand out for the cart’s handle.

 

Ugh, why are my arms too short…

 

She tried to run faster but her stamina has gone too low from running around the store earlier. “KIKWANG!!” Min yelled and Kikwang held his hand out. Min didn’t want to touch him but knew it was her fault why Kikwang was gonna collide the freezer, which might hurt him and cost them money. She grabbed Kikwang’s hand and stumbled forward, bringing herself to the ground. The cart slung Kikwang out of the cart backwards, its handle breaking apart from its body after its collision with the floor, and then it rolled on to hit the freezer with its tiny wheels.

 

Min and Kikwang, on the other hand, were facing the ground with their hands together.