Really A Mistake

This Is...

 

Min looked at Chansung from outside the building as she bit her lower lip, thinking of a reason to tell him as to why she was out. She ran towards Chansung in her usual perky manner, and jumped in front of him.

 

“Hi, oppa!” she said to him normally with a smile. He hesitated to look at her for a moment and she noticed this. He heaved a sigh and looked at her with much contempt.

 

WHY THE HELL WERE YOU WITH KIKWANG!!

 

“WHY DID YOU GO OUT WITHOUT TELLING ME??? WHY IS YOUR PHONE SHUT OFF???” he yelled, causing her to be startled. The owner sitting at the lobby looked at them.

 

“You kids get out of my building if you want to shout!” the old man scolded weakly with little authority.

 

Min smiled sweetly at the old man and bowed. “We’re really sorry, uncle.” Min tapped Chansung and gave him a look of disapproval. She was about to tell him to go upstairs when she noticed the bag on the floor with bananas in it. “Waaah~ Are those for me?” she asked him while she reached down for the bag. Chansung panicked as the photos and the letter were in it, too. Without much thought, he pushed Min, took the bag, and ran towards the elevator. She went off-balance but quickly regained it thanks to the glass door behind her.

 

“YAH, HWANG CHANSUNG!!!!” she shouted.

 

The owner threw her a look of disdain. “Get out! Get out!” He yelled with all of him. Min bowed and ran towards the open elevator with Chansung in it and quickly pressed a random button. The owner was still scolding them as the elevator door closed.

 

Min pushed Chansung towards the wall as he laughed. “This is all your fault! The owner loved me! Now he will think I’m just another delinquent!” she whined while flailing and stomping.

Chansung pressed for the top floor and snickered, “You area delinquent! You do everything I tell you not to do!” He scolded her as he poked her forehead with his finger forcefully until she lost her balance.

 

“YAH!! You’re hurting me, oppa!” she cried as she struggled to get up.

 

“Pssh! You think you aren’t hurting me?????” It took him another second to realize what he has blurted out. Min looked at him with a confused expression.

 

AISH, HWANG BABO!!

 

“Don’t you think grandma, Binnie and I weren’t worried that you’ve been gone all day??? And you even turned your phone off!!”

 

Min felt embarrassed and sorry. She lowered her head as she scratched the side of her neck. She then realized that she hasn’t seen her phone all day after talking to Chansung this morning. She opened her bag and looked for it. The door opened for the top floor and Chansung went out ahead of Min. He carefully took the photos and the letter out and slid it in his backpocket. He looked back at Min who was still inside the elevator, holding the door with her foot, scurrying through her bag.

 

“What are you doing??” he asked in a slightly raised voice. She looked up at him and came out of the elevator, her hand still inside her bag.

 

“I don’t remember where my phone is…” she carefully told him.

 

At this point, he was frustrated over her. “How can someone not know where their phone is??” He took her bag forcefully from her and searched for it inside. Min sat at the bench examining the contents of the paper bag. She was delighted at the sight of dokbokki and banana milk. When he couldn’t find it, he threw the bag next to Min. “We’ll buy you a new one tomorrow.” He said coldly.

 

Min sighed, “Binnie had so many cute pictures with me on that phone!” Her mind travelled back in time to find out where she had put her phone. But then she remembered Kikwang. She smiled.

 

“Oppa,” she said, not looking at Chansung. He was taking out the dokbokki and banana milk from the bag. “Can you tell me why Kikwang isn’t a JYP trainee anymore?”

 

Chansung felt weird at the mere mention of Kikwang’s name and he felt bad for it.

 

YOU JUST SPENT THE WHOLE DAY WITH HIM AND YOU STILL WANT TO TALK ABOUT HIM??

 

He sighed and then nodded and thought about what he would say carefully. He didn’t want to tell her what exactly happened as other people she knows were heavily involved. He gave the dokbokki to Min and she started eating. “Hmmmm… Do you remember the dating ban we have?” he asked her and she nodded while feeding him a dokbokki. After swallowing the food, he continued, “Kikwang was dating someone and… It got out of control when JYP found out… So he decided to let him go.”

 

“That’s it???” Min asked with her brow raised. He nodded.

 

“Well, there’s more but I think Kikwang should tell you everything.”

 

formed an O and she nodded. “I doubt he’ll tell me though…” she thought aloud.

 

“Why do you ask?”

 

“Just curious…” she said faintly, unaware of Chansung’s gaze fixed at her.

 

Like really really really really curious!!! And who is Hyuna? Was that his girlfriend?

 

Please stop thinking about him…

 

They continued eating and then it hit her.

 

Oh my gawd, do they mean Kim Hyunah????

 

“Do you like him?” he blurted out.

 

Min looked at him in utter shock and disgust. “Huh??? What are you talking about??”

 

“Kikwang: Do you like him?” he asked her seriously, looking into her eyes, scared of the answer.

 

“Noooooooo!” she answered while waving her hands freely in between them. “Wow, oppa! I just met the guy! You don’t go around asking someone who just met someone if they like that someone!” she added on while looking at Chansung in disapproval. Chansung studied her as she stopped to eat some more dokbokki. She was chewing her food and looking out into the horizon. Chansung ate as well, but never taking her eyes off of her. After she swallowed her food, she continued talking. “He may look better than most men I’ve met but that’s not enough to like someone, oppa… If there’s something I would like about him, it’s probably his eyes.” She said with a smile.

 

Chansung felt disappointed. Min was blabbing about Kikwang. She’s basically thinking about him out loud…

 

“I rarely see it though!” she laughed as she looked at Chansung. He smiled faintly.

 

 “And it seems like he’s got some major issues buried within him! I don’t know if you pretend to not see it but he looks like he’s in pain when he’s not talking!”

 

He laughed in despite of himself, “He does?”

 

“Yeah! I think that adorable smile of his is just a cover!” She stopped to think. “I bet he’s really sad deep inside! I bet he’s in so much pain! I bet he’s longing for something… I bet he’s lonely…” She stopped and felt sad for Kikwang. Min had this sudden longing to be with him… To see him smile sincerely… To take care of him.

 

Chansung was confused as to what Min was talking about but he decided to not ask more about the issue. He doesn’t want to talk about Kikwang and he doesn’t want Min to think about him. Min’s mind, though, was looking back to all the moments she had with Kikwang.

 

Min spoke once more as she realized something, “I bet he still hasn’t gotten over the whole dating issue he had…” Her voice filled with concern and sadness. “He’s probably still in love with Hyuna…” she thought out loud. Surprised at what she said, she widened her eyes and looked at Chansung who had the same expression as hers.

 

SHE KNOWS????

 

Chansung didn’t know what to say as he’s scared he would give too much information if he speaks. Min, on the other hand, felt bad for speaking of her. He studied Chansung’s face and confirmed her suspicion. She blinked several times and looked towards the sky and then to the horizon to hide her disbelief and disappointment.

 

Good thing I didn’t have too much fun today…

 

She nodded, as if Chansung couldn’t see her.

 

I just hope I won’t have any fun with him anymore in the coming days…

 

She took the banana milk and forcefully pierced the straw onto the foil. She drank with her shoulders slumped.

 

I think being his t'eacher' is a fatal mistake.

 

Chansung was watching her expressions change and her gestures. He shook his head and looked up at the sky.

 

I think giving him Min’s number is the worst mistake of my life.

 

His frustration was boiling up within him. He stood up and chewed dokbokki forcefully to stop himself from throwing fits. Min looked up at him with sad eyes. Chansung examined her face and saw something unusual. He blinked several times while leaning in closer to Min. She just stared back at him in wonder.

 

“Your lips…” he said as he pointed to a small clot of blood on her lower lip and touched his own.

 

Min’s eyes widened and covered her lips.

 

What do I tell him??? He’ll flip when he finds out I got hurt while I was with Kikwang…

 

Chansung noticed her fidgeting and her eyes shifting glances. But his mind jumped into a conclusion…

 

THEY KISSED???????