Probably A Mistake

This Is...

 

It’s decided.

 

I’m gonna make her love me.

 

Chansung smiled smugly, realizing the challenge he’s about to take on.

 

But how??

 

Have I not been trying to make her love me all these years?

 

His brain was suddenly flooded with questions and he started pacing to and fro inside the practice room.

 

Well… I haven’t really confessed to her…

 

He stopped pacing and then tilted his head to the side.

 

But I don’t think she’s that dense…

 

Yes, Minnie is not dense so she probably knows how I feel.

 

He nodded as he reassured himself and then paced to and fro again.

 

Okay, I’m gonna do it properly.

 

“I’m gonna confess to her today”, announced Chansung.

 

The practice room was filled with all of 2PM boys and they’ve been watching Chansung pacing for minutes before they heard him speak. Everyone’s jaws dropped at his announcement.

 

“Hyung!  I’m gonna confess to her today!” shouted Chansung. He released his excitement by jumping and then tackling his nearest hyung, Junsu. As Junsu was squished by the giant maknae, the other boys were thinking of things to say.

 

“You mean like… Confessing… As in confessing feelings?”, asked Wooyoung. Chansung replied with an enthusiastic nod, releasing Junsu from his grasps. Everyone then crowded at Chansung and Junsu.

 

“To who??” they all asked.

 

“Secret!” said Chansung who was smiling like crazy.

 

“I thought you said you liked Min!” Said Junho.

 

Chansung’s eyes widened. He wanted to say something but Jay beat him to it. “Min? …Lee-Lee Minyoung? …Isn’t she missing?” said Jay while stuttering. Nichkhun laughed at Jay while others, except Chansung, nodded.

 

“Yeah, that’s why I am wondering. Chansung told me he liked Min but then –“ Junho was cut off by Chansung’s weight. He lunged himself towards Junho as he covered his mouth with his hands. Junho tried to break free from Chansung but he was too big for him.

 

“HELP!!” yelled Junho when his mouth had been freed for a while.

 

“Shut up, !”

 

Taecyeon held Chansung as the others pulled Junho away from Chansung. Jay stood there laughing while watching them.

 

“But then remember when she came here years ago, she had a boyfriend? So he didn’t confess to her and he hasn’t told me about anyone he liked - or likes - after that so we have to force him to know who he likes right now!” said Junho with amazing speed that made everyone laugh. Chansung was laughing his head off while shaking his head when Nichkhun asked him who he wanted to confess to.

 

 Chansung stuck his tongue out and said, “Secret! Just help me on how I should confess to her, hyung!”

 

“No name, no help!” yelled Junsu in response. Chansung pouted and started pacing again. After a while, with a smile on his face, Chansung ran to his bag. He took his cellphone out and ran outside. He pressed a few buttons, and put it on his ear.

 

I’ll confess to her over lunch.

 

“Yoboseyo?” said a female voice from the other line.

 

“Minnie! I’m free until 1pm today! Wanna go out for lunch? My treat!”, said Chansung enthusiastically.

 

“Ah, I can’t, oppa~ I’m going out today.”

 

Chansung was baffled as Min had no schedules for that day except for a tutorial class later that afternoon. “Huh???? Where are you going??”

 

“I’ll tell you next time, oppa! But I’m gonna be late so I’ll call you later, okay?”

 

And with that, Min hung up. Chansung’s brain went blank for a second before it was again flooded with questions.

 

She’s going out AND she isn’t telling me??

 

Huh??

 

Chansung’s forehead was creased and his brows were almost united. He wondered why Min didn’t tell him about where she was going beforehand and why she didn’t tell him when they were already talking.

 

Is she keeping a secret from me?

 

He thought about the time he saw Min crying at the park. He thought about the time they lived together. He thought about the things he did for her. He pondered about the recent things that had happened to her and to them.

 

Min is different lately…

 

...

 

Is she drifting away from me?

 

---

 

“Yah, Hwang Chansung!!” yelled Jay. “You’ve been looking at your phone over and over for the past 4 hours!” Chansung scratched the back of his head and said sorry. “Focus, okay? We need to have this routine polished by tomorrow and we haven’t even gone over the whole song.” continued Jay with much authority. Everyone nodded and went to their place. Chansung looked at his phone one last time and put it in his back pocket.

 

“Mine!”, proclaimed Junsu as he took the phone out of Chansung’s pocket. He threw it over to Jay who barely caught it before Chansung could get it back. Chansung’s shoulders fell. He felt disheartened but he couldn’t whine since he was slowing the whole group. Jay disassembled the phone and put it on one side.

 

“Good job, Daegu!”

 

“No prob, Washington!”

 

Jay turned the music on and they started their routine. Chansung tried his best to be synchronized with the rest but Min was in his mind constantly.

 

Why hasn’t she texted me?

 

Why is her phone turned off?

 

Why did she go out without telling me?

 

Why is she keeping secrets from me?

 

2PM’s practice ended at 8pm, 2 hours later than expected. Chansung had been thinking about Min the whole time. But towards the end of the night, he decided to just focus on thinking about how he would confess to Min. He decided he would surprise her with things that are significant to them. He left Min a voicemail before he started to go to their favorite dokbokki stand since her phone is still turned off.

 

“Minnie~ Why is your phone turned off? Why aren’t you texting me?” He said to his receiver and then sighed. “I’m worried. Sorry… Can you go to the apartment at around 9pm? I’ll wait for you there! Wear the scarf I gave you for Christmas! See yah!”

 

He smiled and ended the recording. He was excited so he ran to the stand and bought dozens of dokbokki.

 

Memory from 2004: Check!

 

He then went to the convenience store near the apartment where he and Min stayed in. He bought bananas and banana milk.

 

Memory from 2005: Check!

 

He looked at his phone’s clock and saw it was almost 9pm. He hurried towards the apartment and went inside the room. He switched on the lights and saw that the place was still kept tidy despite them not living in it anymore. He gave the room another look and smiled.

 

This room was a witness to a lot of things…

 

He then opened his wallet and took out two photos and a letter from it. He looked at the photos with a huge smile. In one photo, Min was drinking banana milk while smiling. It was taken in the States and Min sent it to Chansung as proof that there was banana milk in the US. He laughed at how silly they had been. In the other photo, Min, Eunbin, and him, were sitting on the couch of the apartment. He wanted to cry due to the nostalgic feeling the pictures had given him but he fought it off and told himself that it isn’t the time to be touched. He put the two photos on the living room table and placed the other items next to it.

 

8:52pm – the clock on the wall read. Chansung decided to wash his face.

 

8:58pm – Chansung tried to call Min but her phone was still turned off. He became worried that Min may not come since she hasn’t turned her phone since he sent the voicemail. He sighed and scratched his cheek, thinking of what to do. He looked at the table and decided to read the letter Min sent him when she was still in the States.

 

Carefully, he unfolded the letter that had been folded and unfolded for more than a hundred times since it had been sent.

 

Chansung oppa,

 

Hello! How are you? Did you miss me? I know you did! I know you do! Kekeke~

 

Can you understand my penmanship? I haven’t written anything in Korean for so long so I am sorry if you can’t understand! ^^

 

But I hope you appreciate this letter because I wrote it with love! Keke~ Oh! I am eating a banana right now! I am so thoughtful, right? =D

 

I hope you are doing well there, oppa~ Don’t let super monkey sunbaenim bring you down! Kekekekekeke~~~ Fighting!!!!

 

With cuteness and lots of cheeks,

Minnieyoung o^^o < - cheeky eyesmile

 

Do not let anyone read this especially sunbaenim or I will kill you!!!!

 

Chansung laughed and felt more excited than earlier. He saw that only a minute has passed so he fidgeted all over until it was half pass 9 already. He decided he’ll just go over to Min’s house and surprise her there.

 

Hurriedly, he took all the items from the table and stuffed them one by one in a paper bag he found in the apartment. He dialed Min’s number to see if her phone was still turned off. And when it was, he jumped out of the door to go to Min’s place.

 

How should I tell her?

 

Should I go down on my knees?

 

He snickered at the thought. He thought of other ways to make his confession special.

 

I will tell grandma to send Min to the rooftop and there… I will tell her!

 

Should I decorate the rooftop?

 

Too bad I have no time for that…

 

He shrugged and went inside the lobby of Min’s grandma’s apartment. He rode the elevator and went directly to Min’s grandma. There, he told her grandma to send Min to the top floor when she gets here. Grandma was confused and told Chansung she thought he was with Min. He said he doesn’t even know where she went. Grandma nodded and told him she would send Min upstairs. Chansung said thanks to her and kissed Eunbin’s forehead before he whispered “Wish me luck, Binnie!”

 

As the elevator went up, he realized he should have just asked the owner of the apartment to send Min upstairs. The owner sits at the lobby all day while reading as he was too old to work. He then waited for the elevator to get to the top floor so that he can press the button for the ground floor. Inside, he practiced the things he would tell Min in his head. The elevator door opened for the top floor and he pressed the button.

 

Lee Minyoung… I know you’ve been through a lot and that you think no one would love you for the scars you bear. But in reality, someone fell for you. He fell for you the first time he saw you. He fell for you every time you two talk. He fell for you every time you laugh. He fell for you when you eat together. He fell for you even when he found you crying all alone in the park like a crazy old woman. He fell for you even for the things you thought that wasn’t lovable about you. He fell for you hard. And right now, he thinks he doesn’t want to let another chance pass him by. Right now, he wants to tell you that he is in love with you… And that he thinks he will always be in love with you. Minnie, I love you with all of me. Will you please share your life with me?

 

He smiled, proud of his words, as the elevator door opened for the ground floor. He stepped outside and saw Min from afar. He smiled and walked towards the lobby door, but stopped when he saw Min laughing with a guy next to her.

 

Kikwang…

 

He let go of the paper bag he was holding and clutched his chest.

 

Why does it hurt?

 

He stood there and watched the girl he has loved for years with the guy he has tried to protect years ago. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry for not being able to update regularly! I am also sorry if there are typos and such for I really don't have that much time right now :[ I hope you guys bear with me for a while. Also, thank you so much for the support you guys give~ The story now has mroe subscribers and I thank you guys for commenting, too! Special mention to serenadingwaves for her lovely long comment and I am sorry I can't tell you guys much right now xD I'll try my best to update more and faster, but meh, real life isn't being kind xD And I've been too caught up with editing and playing RA2, too, lol xD Anyway... Thank you again everyone!! I hope this chapter is okay since I kinda made this in a hurry cause I wanted to update xD Thanks again!! :3