A Coincidence?

This Is...

Min and Kikwang were both drinking their banana milk and gazing towards the Hahn River.

 

“LEE MINYOUNG!!”

 

Min looked towards Kikwang abruptly. Kikwang noticed it and looked at Min, too.

 

“Hmmmm?”

 

Min blinked several times. “I thought I heard someone call my name…”

 

 

“Minyoung.” Kikwang said playfully.

 

Min tilted her head.

 

“Minyoung, Minyoung.” Kikwang said again with a smile.

 

Min raised her eyebrows. “What?”

 

“Minyoung, Minyoung, Minyoung.”

 

“Kikwang?”

 

“Minyoung, Minyoung, Minyoung, Minyoung…” Kikwang said repeatedly while smiling. For some reason, he found her name amusing to say.

 

Min, who was confused with what Kikwang was doing, just stared at him. Kikwang wouldn’t stop so Min asked in frustration, “Whaaaaaaaaaaat????????” as she flailed her free hand all over.

 

Kikwang laughed, still saying her name.

 

She’s cute.

 

Min puffed her cheeks and glared at Kikwang who was having fun saying his name. Unexpectedly, a man ran towards their place and abruptly pulled Kikwang’s shoulder forcing him to the ground. Min and Kikwang were too shocked to move.

 

...

 

 

“Kwang?”  “Chan?” , said both men at the same time.

 

...

 

“You two know each other?”, Min, Kikwang and Chansung uttered at the same time.

 

Min and Kikwang laughed as Chansung slowly sat beside him with his jaw hanging and Kikwang sat up .

 

“...You two know each other????” Chansung pressed on.

 

Min and Kikwang nodded.

 

“I met him on the bus”, answered Min.

 

“No, we met at the convenience store!”

 

“Oh, yeah~”, said Min as she nodded.

 

“She wasn’t very friendly though. I was offering to help her with her stuff but she wouldn’t let me”, said Kikwang as he flashed his smile.

 

Chansung snickered.

 

At least I know Kikwang isn't a threat… He's not her type at all.

 

“Well… You looked like… You were… Someone who would steal my stuff!”, argued Min.

 

...But is Min his type? D:

 

Chansung squinted his eyes at the thought. 

 

“What???” Kikwang’s eyes widened. “Do I look like a robber to you??” He ended with a chuckle.

 

“Yeah! Why else would you be there ready to catch the can if you weren’t already watching me?”

 

Min couldn’t fight back her smile. Chansung gasped and patted Kikwang’s chest.

 

“You were watching Minnie??”

 

“What?? No!!! I was gonna get Red Bull but she was on the way so I had to wait for her to get her milk!”

 

“Pssh~”, said Min.

 

Min and Kikwang continued telling their story. Chansung just sat there analyzing the two.

 

For people who had just met, they seem really comfortable with each other… I hope they aren’t lying to me.

 

Chansung then unexpectedly put his left hand over Kikwang’s mouth and his right hand over Min’s, and then looked at Min.

 

“Min, I want you to meet Kikwang, he was a JYP trainee.”

 

Min’s eyes widened.

 

He turned to Kikwang and said, “Kikwang, meet Min, she was also a JYP trainee.”

 

Kikwang’s reaction was the same as Min’s. Chansung sat back to his place, removing his hands over their mouths.

 

“Really????” Min and Kikwang uttered.

 

Chansung nodded as he opened Min’s bag looking for food. He saw the milk Min had brought and then her mobile phone.

 

“So this was why you weren’t answering my calls and messages!!” He took Min’s phone and threw it to her. Min saw that Chansung had texted her 8 times and called her 5 times.

 

“Sorry, oppa! Here, I have banana milk for you!”

 

Chansung's face brightened. Min searched for it in her bag but then remembered she had given it to Kikwang.

 

She looked up slowly at Chansung. “Oops… Ah, I have donuts! “ She continued searching in her bag when she realized she had forgotten to buy them. Min made a face and looked at Chansung.

 

“Oppa… I’m sorry… I forgot to buy donuts as well…”

 

Chansung shook his head as he sighed. Min felt bad because she knew Chansung must have gone mad worrying over her when she wasn’t responding to his messages... And that food was the only thing that can make him feel better. Kikwang felt the tension between the two. He was more curious about Min to care though.

 

“Minyoung, you were a JYP trainee before?”

 

“Yes, she was. She went to the States before you became a trainee. She came back to Korea after you… Left JYP. That’s why you two never knew each other as trainees.”, Chansung said coldly.

 

Min nooded as she took the information in. However, Kikwang felt pain in his chest.

 

I “left” JYP? We both know that isn’t true, Chansung.

 

“Why did you leave JYP?”, asked Min.

 

Kikwang stared at Min and tried hard to find words that could answer Min’s inquiry. Chansung noticed the awkwardness so he decided to scold Min.

 

“YAH, LEE MINYOUNG!! Next time, don’t put your phone inside your bag especially when it’s on silent mode!! Okay??”

 

Min argued that she didn’t mean to make him worry. She wanted to tell him that he was being too protective of her though. Chansung told Min about how he had been walking from the bus stop to the river over and over and how he had been running and shouting by the river for 30 minutes. Kikwang just watched them argue. He thought that they really looked like siblings. He wished he could be closer to Min and have the same relationship she and Chansung have. He doubted its possibility though. He thinks that one can only have that kind of relationship with someone to only one person for it to be genuine. He thinks that if Min would have that kind of relationship with everyone, it wouldn’t be special anymore. He envied Chansung for that.

 

“Why did you leave JYP, Minyoung?” Kikwang butted in.

 

Min and Chansung paused for a moment and looked at each other. Kikwang noticed Min’s eyes had suddenly glistened.

 

“She was supposed to debut in the US but they kept on delaying her debut so she decided to just come back to Korea and teach dance.”

 

Min snickered at the white lie. She looked at Kikwang and nodded, “I really like dancing so I thought I should just go back here to teach dance rather than stay there waiting in vain”, she said as she forced a smile.

 

Kikwang felt another sting in his chest.

 

She and I…

 

“And she’s a really good dancer, Kikwang. You should see her dance sometimes!”, said Chansung as he ruffled Min’s hair.

 

Are so alike…