Uncomfortably Comfortable

This Is...

Min didn’t know if she was supposed to smile but she found herself smiling at the sight of the stranger who greeted her with a smile that forced his eyes close.

 

He’s annoyingly cute.

 

Min shifted her weight to her right side and leaned in on the window as she didn’t want to have a conversation with a male stranger. She decided to take her iPod out when she felt her phone vibrated. It was in her left side pocket so the stranger felt it, too. He looked at Min who was having a hard time with her things. Her bag was on her lap and the grocery bag filled with milk products was on top of it with Min securing its place with her hands.

Her Bag

(Her bag)

 

Should I help her? She doesn’t seem to be very friendly though…

 

Min saw the stranger about to hold the grocery bag. To prevent this, she raised her legs and kicked the seat in front of her lightly. The grocery bag slid and fell lightly on Min’s chest. With that, her left hand was free to take her phone out. The stranger saw all this and snickered to himself as he shook his head.

 

She’s not friendly.

 

Are you already bored? Sorry :( I’ll pick you up at around 8pm.

 

Min was shocked by the text as Chansung always leaves the JYPE building at 6pm.

 

Why so late? I’m already on my way to Hahn river though.

 

She sighed. Her position was making her uncomfortable but she couldn’t dare move because she didn’t want the stranger to try and help her again. Her phone started vibrating once more and saw Chansung calling.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“What is wrong with you today??? Why are you going to places without me??? And all alone at night??”

 

Min rolled her eyes, her mood had turned sour since she rode this bus. “You sound like I would die if I’m not with you.”

 

“Yes! That’s exactly what I’m worried about! Thank you for noticing!!”

 

“You’re overreacting, oppa.”

 

Min wasn’t in the mood to be nagged and her sitting position was only making it worse.

 

“Lee Minyoung, stay by the bus stop and wait there for me.”

 

“Yes, yes, General. I will wait for you by the bus stop.”

 

Min puffed her cheeks out and didn’t wait for Chansung to reply and just hung up. She wasn’t in the mood to neither argue nor even talk.

 

“Overprotective boyfriend?”, said the stranger beside her as he opened a bottle of Red Bull.

 

Even though she was irritated, she couldn’t help but snicker.

 

“No, no. Just a crazy friend who thinks I’ll die when I’m alone.”

 

“Not a boyfriend?”

 

“No.” She shook her head. “More like a brother.”

 

“Oh.” The stranger nodded and drank. “He must care for you a lot then.”

 

“Yeah, too much already though.” Min smiled. She normally despises strangers who talks to her out of the blue but she suddenly felt at ease with this guy. Maybe it’s just because she was feeling very nagged by Chansung that she felt she had to tell someone.

 

“Maybe he likes you, aren’t those always the case with overprotective friends?”

 

Min laughed out loud and her feet slipped causing her whole frame to go forward. She almost hit the can with her chest, good thing the man had held her body just in time. She flinched at the man’s hold and pushed his hand away abruptly.

 

The man was shocked at her gesture. “Sorry, I was just—“

 

“No, I’m sorry. I just don’t like being touched.”, said Min coldly as she picked her bag up from the floor.

 

“I see…”

 

The guy felt awkward but couldn’t help notice Min’s situation.

 

“Do you need help with your things though? I won’t touch you, just the bag.”

 

Min forced a smile, “Sure. Thank you~”

 

The guy took the grocery bag from Min. She then opened her bag and cleared up some room in it. She took the grocery bag from the man and put it inside her bag together with her phone.

 

“Thanks!”

 

“You’re welcome.” The guy smiled. “I’m Kikwang, by the way.”

 

She wondered what she should answer. She isn’t fond of strangers and men and this person who just introduced himself to her was all those she didn’t like.

 

She saw him puffed his cheeks and found it cute.

 

“Minyoung” , she replied to her surprise.

 

I guess I really feel like I need someone to talk to…

 

“Our names rhyme!”, said Kikwang excitedly.

 

Min laughed at how silly his reaction was. “Well, Korean names almost always rhyme.”

 

“Oh... Right.”

 

Aish, babo~

 

“So where are you heading? Why do you have a lot of milk?”

 

“Ah… It’s for my sister and I’m heading to Hahn River.”

 

“That’s where I’m going, too!”, he remarked as he smiled.

 

“Cool~”

 

Min was amused with Kikwang. He seemed very excited about things and very innocent – for a guy. She decided that being nice to him won’t be too bad.

 

When they got down at the bus stop, Kikwang asked Min to come with him by the river instead of waiting for her friend. Min was feeling hesitant at first but was finally persuaded when he said that the view there would make her feel better than on the bus stop.

 

They sat by the river and admired the view. Min took her banana milk out and offered the other one to Kikwang.

 

“So why did you come here?”, asked Min.

 

“I come here whenever I need to think.”

 

“Can I ask what you’re thinking of?”

 

“Hmmm… I’m deciding on whether I should do something or not.”

 

Min nodded silently and didn’t bother asking anymore. Even though she felt at ease with him, she didn’t want to pry on his personal matters especially right after they just met.

 

“How about you?”, asked Kikwang as he sipped on his banana milk.

 

“I’m not sure… Oppa said we should come here since it’s Valentine’s Day.”

 

Kikwang was confused. “Are you sure you two aren’t dating?”

 

“Nooooooo~”, Min said as she waved her hands in front of her. “He and I had been friends since I was young so we treat each other like siblings.”

 

Kikwang nodded in response.

 

“LEE MINYOUNG!!”