Our First Encounter

Past Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun has achieved her dreams to be a college student.

 

“Naeun-ah, why did you said you were not confident about your answers every time we finished a paper during the exams?” Chorong asked her curiously. “I really am not sure about my answers. If I was that confident, I would be smiling after we’ve done the examination.” Chorong smirks after Naeun said that.

 

“But you results are all A’s. Yet you said you weren’t confident. What if you really are sure about your answers?”

 

Naeun thinks for a while before answering. “Then I think my result will not be as I expected. But why did you asked me these questions like I never told you before? Please don’t make me think of the past, jebal. You know more than anyone else that I don’t like it.” Naeun sighs.

 

Chorong felt guilty because she made Naeun remembers about the past that she wants to throw away from her memories. “Arasso arasso. Mianhae. I didn’t mean to make you recall the past. Don’t worry, I’m still here right?” Naeun chuckles after listening to Chorong. Chorong jokes around to make Naeun feels better.

 

Few years back, in 2009:

 

Today is Naeun’s first day at highschool. She is nervous because all of her friends went to different high school. She is the only one to move to Seoul because of her good grades. She has to find new friends but she is not good at approaching people. One thing that she’s scared of right now is being ignored. She hopes someone will be willing to be her friend. Even of just one person. Why? Because having one friend is better than not having any.

 

“Umma, appa. I’m going to school now. See you after school.”

“Don’t you need to eat your breakfast first?” Her mom asked.

“Gwaenchanha, umma. I am not hungry. I will eat later at school if I am hungry. Don’t worry hihi.” Naeun replied while grinning.

 

Naeun kissed her parents and depart with full of nervousness. “I hope it will not be difficult. Hopefully there will be someone friendly. Aishh! Why can’t I approach people so easily?” Naeun whine to herself on her way to school.

 

She keeps on muttering to herself that when she arrived at the front gate of the school, she accidently bumps into someone and she fell. “Aigoo, mianhaeyo. Gwaenchanhayo? Here, let me help you.” A gentleman asks Naeun and reaches out his hand to help Naeun gets up. Naeun took his hand and gets up after hesitating for a while. “Kamsahamnida. Uhh, I’m sorry. This is my entire fault. I didn’t see you coming this way.” Naeun bows multiple times and then she left.

 

After a few steps far from that man, Naeun stops. “Who is that guy? I didn’t even get to see his face. I was so shy to look up. Aishh why would he even offered to help me? Did I thank him properly? Aigoo what if he remembers my face and I don’t even greet him? Wait, wait, wait, school is only about to start. What is he doing going on the opposite way?” Naeun looks back and he’s not there anymore. Naeun assumes that guy is trying to escape from school. “He sounds nice just now. I never thought that he is the type to esc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter