Chapter 2

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr Lee, all the papers you need to sign from Emerald Holdings are on your table. Mr. Han Woo Jin called and reminded about the completion of the Crystalline Hotel in Gangnam that you need to attend on Saturday.” Secretary Choi said to MinHo while flipping the papers on his table and sipping his coffee, without even paying attention to his secretary.

“Mr. Lee, contract signing for the Emerald City Project will be on the last Friday of the month, Mr. Han confirmed attending it in New York, your flight will be Wednesday night, and..”

“Flight? New York? WooJin and I talked about this already, I am not coming to NY on that day coz it’s halmoni’s birthday” Min Ho interrupted his secretary.

“Noted Mr. Lee, I will check your schedule on that week. If you can excuse me, I need to check on other projects”

MinHo nodded on his secretary, he continued reading the project and dialed Han Woo Jin’s number, “Eo, Woo Jin-ah, I was informed about the contract signing can you go without me? You know I can’t be away on halmoni’s birthday right?"

“MinHo-yah, this is our company’s biggest catch, it is so hard to please Emerald Holdings remember, you know how our company will make a name in this industry upon completion of this project. We can celebrate halmoni’s birthday when we arrive, please MinHo. We need to establish relationship with Sutherlands Development Corp too, I heard the renowned architect that will represent them is a Korean, and so it will not be hard for us to develop a nice environment in this project.”

Minho kept quiet hearing WooJin’s explanation. MinHo doesn’t have choice, they’ve been aiming for big projects to make their company be established in the infrastructure industry, and this is their chance, upon flipping to the contract pages, a name crossed his eyes, “could this be?” Minho was staring on the page he was reading. “No they just have the same name. It can’t be, and why would I care where the hell she have been after all that happened?!”

MinHo was obviously mad upon recalling something in the past.

---

“It will just be 2 or 3 years sweetheart, it’s a different culture, different language, you sure will learn everything sweetheart, Mommy will be there for you” Shinhye convinces her son who was lying beside her.

“Mommy, I will transfer school? How about my soccer team? My friends?” an obvious disappointment on Andrei’s tone hits his mom’s ears.

“Sweetheart, you can always have new friends, and new team.”

“Can’t I just stay here? Uncle Rae Won is here, I won’t be a burden to him and Aunt Lizzie.” Shinhye went silent hearing her son’s plea.

“Are you sure you want that Andrei?” a sad response came from Shinhye.

“I love you so much mom, but it’s a country I hardly know,” Andrei looked straight at his mom’s sad eyes,  and bargained “just for this school year mom, I really don’t want to transfer, since it’s ending in 4months. Then I can come with you in Korea, and stay with you until your project has been completed” a defeated sigh came from Shinhye,

“I will talk to your Uncle about it then” Shinhye hugged her son tight, “Mommy. Don’t be sad, we can talk every day, you always do that with your bosses online.”

“That’s different Andrei love, I can’t imagine being away from you, I love you so much, but I can’t force you to come with me. Until the end of school year will be fine, 4mos will be the longest time we will be away from each other”

Andrei was sad at his mom’s tone, “I will come with you mom after this school year, I don’t want to see you like this mommy.. Please smile for Andrei.”

Shinhye fixed her sons hair and kissed his forehead “I am doing this for you sweetheart, to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter