Chapter 1

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mom, I’m off to school” yelled 9yr old Andrei to his mom who’s in her room having an important video conference with all big bosses of Sutherlands Development Corp. from 4 different countries.

Frustrated as she is with the video conference, Shinhye hanged the headset and hurriedly went to the living room to check on her son Andrei. “Young man, did you bring the packed lunch I prepared? And also your extra shirts and undergarments? You should change clothes after your soccer practice, don’t skip lessons and hurry for practice ok?!” as she tells her son.

“Yes mom…everything’s in here!” beaming at his mom revealing his dimples while pointing at his sports bag.

“I will pick you up after school and try to watch your soccer practice, I’ll just need to see some papers in the office ok? We’ll have dinner with your Uncle Rae Won remember?” Shinhye uttered again.

“Yes and Yes Mom, can’t wait to see my cousins too. Love you, school bus waits for me Mom, I really have to go” irritated Andrei replied and kissed his mother and waved goodbye.

Shinhye went back to her room and proceeded with the video conference where she left off, The video conference included big bosses from London, Singapore and South Korea, the main office is in New York where Shinhye is one of the top caliber architects, her views and perception plays important role on the big project that will be launched in South Korea in 2years. Shinhye’s outstanding architectural designs made her to be Sutherlands Dev’t Corp.’s most precious architect and renowned to be a jewel in architectural design industry.

“I can supervise the project even if I am here in New York, Mr. Howell. You know I am that capable right?” Shinhye almost pleaded her bosses.

“We know you always do well Shinhye, you are our company’s precious architect, that’s why we need you to sphere head this big project in South Korea” Mr. James Howell, president of Sutherland Dev’t Corp firmly stated over the conference.

“Emerald Holdings in line with Han-Lee infrastructures are all enthusiast in working with our company, they are looking forward for the coming high-ends and newly phased buildings and infrastructures that will be built in Emerald City. Shinhye, imagine the chains of malls, parks, and even hotels that were mostly designed by you, will be built in the city where you came from. Don’t you want to see its progress yourself?” Mr. Stephen Chan added, SDC  head from Singapore.

Shinhye heaved a deep sigh, hearing the country where she was born, where she grew up and where all her pain have built up brought a lot of memories to her.. “Mr Howell, Mr. Chan, Ms. Swafford, I will think about it, I am a mother, and you know in the very first place that I cannot exchange anything for my son’s well-being..and..”

Shinhye was interrupted by Ms. Swafford “Shinhye dear, I know for a fact how great of a mother you are to Andrei, We have arranged everything for you and Andrei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter