Chapter 7

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mom, as much as I want to go with you in Korea, I need to finish this school year first.”

“But sweetheart, you are slowly killing mom whenever I am not with you, we can fix your school transfer in Korea since the curriculum is basically the same” RaeWon was quietly listening to mother and son’s conversation.

“Shinhye, the moment you arrived NY, you have been convincing Andrei to come with you, remember, he doesn’t know Hangul at all” Raewon interrupted.

“I know anneyeonghaseyo and saranghae, uhmm what else? That’s all I know, for now” Andrei reacted.

Shinhye stared helpless over his son’s response. “Oppa, being away from Andrei for just a week, almost gave me a heart attack. My overseas trip before are just 2-3days and most of those are with Andrei. But this latest project we have needs my supervision, and will be completed in 2years.”

“Then you have to convince your son!” Raewon snorted and winked at Andrei.

“Sweetheart, just say yes and we will fix everything we need for your school transfer, after all everything was already prepared beforehand, you just requested you wanted school year to end that’s why it didn’t push through” Shinhye still convincing her son.

“Andrei, don’t let your mom worry more, come on tell her” Raewon was obviously preventing himself from laughing

“Uncle, can’t really keep secrets from mommy haha”

“what secret Andrei Park? And Park Reawon?!” Shinhye averted her gaze on the two boys.

“Are you two hiding something from me?”

“Ok mom, don’t be mad, I requested Uncle Raewon to check on my school already” Andrei started explaining while looking at his uncle as if asking to help him explain.

“Ok, stop worrying Park Shinhye, your son already decided to come with you, he asked me to ask his school and at the same time he talked to Mr. Swafford about it, so everything was actually prepared” Shinhye who is still in shock can’t believe what she heard, she hugged her son tightly and showered him with kisses.

“I saw how worried you were mom, and Uncle said that it’s best that we’ll be together. So I asked him to help me to surprise you, when we contacted your boss, Mr. Swafford agreed and said it was really planned already, he also said I will have a personal Korean tutor/personal butler so that I can understand better” Andrei explained while his mom’s in tears listening.

“But, he will not go to Korea with you, because of school transfer process. So he will fly by nextweek, and don’t worry I will go with him, but I can’t stay long there, I have work here and I can’t leave your sister with the twins for long” Raewon said while he handed Shinhye their documents including fight details.

“Thank you Oppa, like really. You two ganging up on me again to surprise me!” Shinhye wiped the tears and read the documents.

“Mom, sorry for making you worry and for surprising you.I am looking forward to our new life in Korea” Andrei hugged his mom.

“I love you sweetheart, you are mommy’s everything!”

“It’s late, you two go to sleep already, and we have a long day tomorrow.” Shinhye stood up and hugged her brother

“Kamsahamnida oppa”

“You want to tell me something?”

“deh, It can wait for tomorrow”

“Ok, take your rest now.” Raewon patted Shinhye’s shoulder.

---

“Goodmorning Mr. Lee and Mr. Han” Mr. Choi greeted as they arrive the Emerald City construction site.

 “So is everything fine? Supplies arrived early, and even the machineries were enough right?” Woojin double checked with Mr Choi.

“Yes Mr. Han, Sutherland’s team, except for Ms. Park also checked everything, they are on site now with other construction employees” Mr. Choi explained.

“So the leader is really not there huh”

“Minho stop, you know she’s in NY and will be back tomorrow right?”

“Mr. Lee, they wish to inform you that Ms. Park will be back by Wednesday, since her flight back to Korea is tomorrow afternoon.” Mr. Choi added.

“I don’t care, come on, let’s check the site” Minho wore his safety hat and headed outside to personally supervise onsite works. Woojin shook his head as he followed Minho.

---

“Everything is settled in his school, I am happy to be with him in Korea, I will pick you up myself next week at the airport” Shinhye said as she sat beside her brother on the couch.

“Lizzie and the twins are asleep already?”

“Yes, the twins loved everything you brought them, my wife said she is thankful having a sister-in-law like you.”

“I am lucky to have her too, you are lucky oppa”

“Is Andrei asleep already?” Raewon asked Shinhye.

“Deh oppa. He was tired, we went to his school then did a lot of shopping”

“You are spoiling him so much Shinhye”

“Look who’s talking, you have been spoiling him too, and I thank you so much oppa, for being a father figure to my son”

“Now tell me, something is bothering you, I can sense it”

“Oppa, are you a psychic or what?” Shinhye joked at her brother.

“Yah, Park Shinhye! The day dad told me I have a sister, and we were looking for you, I knew we had connection. Especially after finding out your mother’s passing on, I know I need to take care of you.” Raewon said while looking worried on his sister

“And meeting you then, scared the hell out of me, you, finding me, and introducing yourself that you are my brother. And appa, our appa, explaining everything” Shinhye smiled while remembering what happened. 

“I can still recall your reaction then, but from the very first day I knew I had a sibling, a little sister, I was really happy”

“Jinjja Oppa? I was surprised, you know meeting my father and brother for the first time! Haha… but I was thankful, really thankful, because 18years of mylife I only have eomma, ofcourse she loved me unconditionally. But meeting dad, our father, and you, I felt secured, that once again I had family.”

“But you refused to come with us the first time Dad asked you, because you were so inlove with that bastard”

“Oppa, that was before! I was young, he was the one who was there for me when eomma passed on, in all fairness to him, he really took care of me”

“Yeah right, the first time I met him, I didn’t trust him, you know that.”

“Oppa everything is in the past” Shinhye hugged her brother, Raewon patted Shinhye’s back and said

“You are so precious to appa, your eomma didn’t want to show you to him, and it frustrated him, he would tell me stories every time he just sees you from afar. He is contented looking over you when you come out from school, cheering for you during your school competition, watching you from afar during your recitals. I remember once, he tagged me along, from then on, I felt proud to be your brother, we don’t have same mother but I loved you since then.” Raewon remisced

“I knew about it later on, you and appa look after me, from afar.”

“Appa wanted to be a father to you, but since your eomma was angry at him, he was contented from looking after you from afar. But to tell you, appa loved your mother so much, that’s why he never interjected with what your eomma wants, you are lucky you grew up with your eomma”

“Oppa, your mom died giving birth to you, and your grandparents took care of you here in NewYork.”

“yeah that’s right, I was born in Korea but raised here, the first time I went to Korea I was 15, and you were 5, Dad told me everything beforehand, and seeing you, I was happy having a little princess, a baby sister.”

“And I am happy, having a king and loving prince when I needed them the most. Eomma has forgiven appa before she passed on, she told me he loved appa too but they can’t be together, I understood everything”

“because you are a smart princess, just that you are stupid when it comes to matters on this” RaeWon pointed Shinhye’s heart.

“ Oppppaaaa” Raewon teased SHinhye and continued

“And when appa found out about you and that bastard, he was so mad at him. Seeing you helpless, it pained me, and it pained appa more… Our precious princess doesn’t deserve to be sad, well, broken is the right word, just because of that bastard”

“Oppa I told you that was in the past!, you and appa brou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter