Chapter 9

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Anneyeonghaseyo Mr. Yoon, my name is Andrei, it was nice meeting you”

“Hello Andrei, my pleasure meeting you too” Mr Yoon shook hands with Andrei.

“Ms. Park, this is Jung SooJung, her English name is Krystal, she is fluent both in English and Hangeul, she will help Andrei a lot. She will be his tutor” Mr. Yoon explained.

“And this is Kang Haneul, he will be Andrei’s personal assistant” Mr. Yoon added.

“Anneyeaonghaseyo, Jung Soo Jung imnida, you can call me Krystal.”

“Anneyeaonghaseyo, Kang Haneul imnida”

“Hi Krystal, I am Shinhye, Andrei’s mother, I happen to see your profile and I was impressed with your patience with children”

Shinhye turned to Hanuel “And Kang Hanuel-ssi, you have worked with Sutherlands for 3years, your loyalty is exceptional too.” Shinhye, Krystal and Haneul bowed at each other.

“I hope my son won’t give you headache, basically, he doesn’t understand Korean so Krystal will teach him and explain to him, and Haneul-ssi will be Andrei’s personal assistant. Looking forward to your work and please take care of my Andrei”

Shinhye turned to Andrei, “As for you young man, meet Krystal and Haneul they will help you a lot to understand Korean language and culture more, for a start, in Korea, you call older ladies noona, and older men hyung, you can call them that way”

“Yes mommy, hi noona and hyung, wow mom, I am really a Korean now”

Shinhye smiled and shook her head, and patted Andrei’s head. “You will start today right? You will stay here during weekdays and off days on weekends”

 “Deh, Shinhye-ssi, Mr. Yoon already explained to us, we are delighted to be working with you”

“Me too, just please take good care of this young man, he is allergic to shrimp, and he loves meat, he is s grilled-meat monster” Shinhye pinched Andre’s cheek.

“We’ll all go on dinner tonight, but for now, I need to go to work. Will you be ok sweetheart, I will be back after the meeting”

“Sure thing mom, I just saw playstation4 and Xbox on the theater room mom, I think I will really love it here” Andrei grins at his mom upon knowing he has various video games and has a huge theater room in the villa.

“You need to rest first ok, Krystal noona will tell me if you’ve been naughty” Shinhye reminded Andrei.

“I will be a good boy mom, take care at work” Andrei kissed his mom goodbye before heading to his room.

“Krystal, please take care with Andrei, call me if you need anything for Andrei, tell me if he’s been giving you headache, but he is a goodboy, he’ll just sit and play games and eat when he is hungry, I will go home as soon as I finish work” Shinhye instructed Krystal.

“Yes Ms. Shinhye, I will take good care of Andrei, take care”

“Thanks Krystal” Shinhye bid goodbye as she headed to her car and drove to work.

 

“Woojin ah, why did you agree on the non-revision of interiors of the mall, I told you it would help the construction if…” Minho was cut off by Woojin

“Welcome back! Seriously, this as soon as you got back?” Woojin was staring at Minho who was reading their declined proposal and very disappointed, “Yah, Lee Min Ho, Shinhye has a point, let us leave the design to the architects, why are you so hot headed over the Sutherlands proposals, I noticed you never agreed on their plans, especially Shinhye’s ideas, whatever personal things you had in the past, leave it behind, separate work from personal Minho, whatever anger you have towards her I am sure she feels the same towards you” Woojin preached Minho but Minho refused to listen.

“I know how to put aside personal feelings over work, and this has nothing to do with the past, we both have moved on so there’s nothing between us anymore” Minho retorted

“I doubt Lee Min Ho, not a single feeling towards the woman you were head over heels since high school? And don’t tell me you have Kim Ji Won now, because we both know you are just obeying halmoni’s request.” Minho’s glare at Woojin is deadly.

“And after all, after Shinhye left, you changed a lot, like you dated girls left and right, tagged as most eligible bachelor despite having fiancé, you never had serious relationships, Ji Won is not counted of course” Woojin’s words are hitting Minho.

“Han Woo Jin, do you have serious relationship as well? Atleast I have a fiancé!” Minho blurted

“Lee Min Ho, have you learned to love Ji Won now?”

Minho’s mouth left open, he wanted to reply to what Woojin said but no words came out.

“See, you can’t answer, because admit it, Shinhye’s presence brought back the Minho 12 years ago? I can see how you stare at her, if only she is not married and doesn’t have a child, would you perhaps pursue her again?” Woojin asked.

“Of course not, the Minho you see is the now is the Minho she left without any wods, without any explanation, she just disappeared. Then what? 10years after she shows up?! That liar and cheater woman!” Minho’s words are fierce and an obvious anger shows in his voice.

“Woah, wait, watch your words, you don’t know what happened right? You just assumed out of anger, you were left unanswered, broken and pitiful, why don’t you ask her now, talk to her… a proper closure between you and her is necessary to make this project more harmonious isn’t it?” Woojin probed Minho

“No! Never! Why would I? I am professional enough for that matter. And as far as I am concerned, there’s nothing for us to talk about, outr relationship has long ended when she cheated” A strong statement came out of Minho

“Just don’t tell me in the future that I was right Minho, for now, whatever you wants go ahead, just let’s all be professional”

Minho distracted himself from the conversation by checking on his laptop, but he was thinking of what Woojin has said.

Woojin left his office and closed the door, once Minho heard the door’s closed, he closed his laptop and stared on the glass window of his office, and in deep thoughts, “If only you did not cheat on me, we would have been married by now, You left without a single word for me, I looked for you even I was so damn hurt and broken. Why must we meet again Shinhye, you have caused me so much pain that being with you, even just seeing you, irritates the hell out of me.” Minho’s thoughts came back to reality when he received a test from Mr. Yoon of Sutherlands, reminding him that meeting will take place ate the onsite office of Emerald City by 2pm, where everyone will be attending,

“So you’re back, maybe I’ll just let Woojin talk to you, to prevent myself from arguing with you. I am doing this for Emerald City, I should be more professional, Woojin is right, no mixing of emotions with personal stuff. We are over Shinhye, you have a family, sson enough I will also have mine.” Minho put back his phone in his pocket and prepared to leave their office.

 

“Mr. Choi, where are they now?” WooJin asked, Sutherland’s team are now 30mins late for the meeting.

“I just received a message from Mr. Yoon and he said they were caught in traffic” Mr. Choi explained

Minho was reading various files on his laptop and not mind Mr. Choi and Woojins’ conversation, all other engineers were sitting on the meeting room of their onsite office.

“We are very sorry we are late, as you know an unexpected traffic jam came across on our way here” Mr Yoon explained as soon as they entered the room.

“Let’s proceed, shall we” A calmer Minho announced without looking at all of them and still staring on his laptop.

Sean, Grave, Louis, Stanley and Shinhye was surprised with his behavior, even Woojin. They took their seats and proceeded with the meeting.

 

“I can’t believe the arrogant Mr. Lee just nodded and agreed with everything, was he cursed when he was away or something? He was so different.” Grace said.

“You’re right, I never thought he can be like that” Louis added.

 “Something is bothering him” Shinhye’s whisper went a little louder that everyone heard it.

“How’d you know? Asked Stanley

The question zapped Shinhye back to reality, she was in deep thoughts and also thinking why Minho acted that way on their meeting

“Nothing, so let’s have dinner at my place, Andrei missed you guys, I already asked Krystal, to order us food. He is waiting for us now” Shinhye told everyone,

“I missed Andrei, come on, I am excited to play games with your not-so-little-one” Sean said excitedly.

Everyone got up and headed to their cars. Shinhye was left behind with Mr. Yoon and WooBin.

“Mr Yoon, come join us please, and WooBin too.” Shinhye invited, Mr. Yoon and Woobi, they nodded and opened the door for them when Mr Yoon’s phone rang.

“Mr. Han, deh. Oh really, you left your copy at the onsite office, I have a soft copy and will send it to you, oh, you need the hard copy, I have it with me but I am leaving our office soon” Mr Yoon explained to Woojin who is on the other li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter