Chapter 15

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Andrei, is that what you dreamt of? Y-y-your daddy has not been with us since you were born but that doesn’t mean he left you or…

“Mommy, I will try to understand everything. I can accept anything, just please tell me everything.” Andrei said crying as he looked up Shinhye begging for answers that he wanted.

Shinhye’s heart broke into a million pieces seeing Andrei like this. The light of the bedside lampshade clearly let Shinhye see her son’s teary eyes and she can feel his sobs which was not stopping since he woke up from his dream.

“Hush now, stop crying. You make mommy worry when you are like that.” Shinhye hugged Andrei tighter to stop him from crying, she doesn’t realize she herself was crying too.

“Will it make you feel better if I answer your questions?” Shinhye asked.

Andrei nodded. Her mother’s voice was shaky.

“hmmm. I know you are smart enough and would understand.” Shinhye closed her eyes, her head on Andrei’s head as she kissed him on his head and hugged him tighter.

She then was left with no choice but to tell her son the truth, she is now prepared for what will the outcome. She knew this will happen but she never knew it will be this soon.

“Your father was a good person, he is a great son, a greater grandson and he is the best man I have ever known” Shinhye started.

“It was during college when we met, we were really not good friends but we get along, I registered in a club were he was one of the leader.”

“You were like enemies?” Andrei asked.

Shinhye smiled as she recalled. “Kind of like that. I hated him before, without me knowing that he was already falling for me. All the bullying he’s been doing was for me to notice him”

“Bad daddy!” Andrei snorted

Shinhye laughed at his son’s reaction making her to look at him. “Was it bad? At first yes but later on when he told me his real motive, I kind of understand why. All the while he was just following me from a far and supporting me, silently cheering for me”

Andrei looked straight at his mom, he can see her smile while recalling the vivid memory of the past.

“You’re smiling, you loved daddy too since then?

“At first I was really irritated at him, but he was really my crush. He was also known as the campus heart throb” Shinhye traced Andrei’s face details as she told Andrei her story.

“But you’re more handsome than him!” She added.

They both smiled and Andrei continued to ask, “you loved him?

Shinhye looked deeply into her son’s eyes, exactly same eyes as the man they were talking about, “Yes sweetheart. I have loved him so much, you wouldn’t be here if I didn’t” Shinhye smiled and a little tear came out her eye.

“The days when we were together were the happiest days of my life, before you came of course. Having you was the best.”

Shinhye continued telling Andrei their love story until she noticed that the little boy beside her dozed of to sleep already. She smiled as she saw a peaceful sleeping Andrei.

She felt relieved. This day passed without her telling Andrei about Minho.

Just two more days. Minho’s flight to China is on Monday, they will not see him until such time the Emerald City is completed. This was her request, which he forcefully agreed. She felt sad but at the same time a bit relieved for her son.

“It will not change, although you knew about Andrei already, he hated his father. It will only worsen if he finds out that you’re his dad. If you want your relationship to at least be this good, stay away. Please Minho.” Shinhye asked Minho as if begging.

“He is my son, how can I just let this pass, I was not there for him in his 10years already, now that I found out you are telling me to still stay away? Where is your heart Shinhye?!” Minho firmly replied.

“That’s what you want?! Go ahead tell him yourself! So that you will have the biggest regret of your life. He hated his father… I don’t know why but he just did…”

“Because you told him to!” Minho’s voice raised.

“You are blaming me again?! How could you?!” Shinhye furiously replied

They both went silent when Andrei stirred a little on his bed.

“Don’t ever blame me for doing things I never did! Know your facts first. And besides, if you have only believed me long ago, this won’t be happening today!

Minho stopped arguing, he didn’t want to. She was right, it was his fault.

“I am sorry. Nothing can change the past. And both of us arguing like this will go nowhere. I concede. I will do anything for Andrei” he looked at sleeping Andrei on the bed. “ and you…anything you want me to do.” He looked directly on to Shinhye’s eyes.

“Leave.” Shinhye replied coldly. “Let our life be as what it is before he met you. It would be for the betterment of all of us” Shinhye looked away tearing their gazes.

“Is that what you really want me to do?” Minho asked without tearing his gaze at Shinhye.

“Yes.” Shinhye replied. She met Minho’s gaze, it was pleading. She wanted to take back her decision, everything that she had said but she just  can’t. She looked away to avoid Minho’s gaze. She is firm in her decision, for Andrei, for Minho and for her.

---

Minho went to see his father, he dropped by the hospital early in the morning. Lee Bin Hyeon was so surprised seeing his son when he came back at his clinic.

“Eo, Minho-ya, you didn’t inform me you are coming this early, I should’ve finished all my hospital rounds earlier.” The older Lee happily greeted his son.

“No need, I can wait. It’s Saturday, I will just drop by Sutherlands office later for a meeting. So I decided to come by to check on… Andrei’s condition, he went home yesterday.”

“yes, that brave little boy is totally fine. I have double checked his results and everything is totally fine. Where were you yesterday? I thought you will be here when he was discharged.”

“I was with Woo Jin we have an important meeting.” Minho replied although his gestures were totally different.

“I only have 2 days left before I fly to China, I will be staying there for at least a year or so… and will not be able to come back to Korea that often.” Minho told his father.

Lee Bin Hyeon was surprised, with what Minho told him and why Minho told him that he is leaving. He usually leaves Korea from time to time without bothering to tell him, today was a first. He usual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter