Chapter 8

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiwon-ah, we will surprise my grandson at his work”

“Deh, halmoni, he will really be happy” Jiwon accompanied Choi MinJa going to MinHo’s office, they brought him lunch.

“Soon enough, when you become Minho’s wife, I will be at peace that you will take good care of him, right?

“Ofcourse halmoni, I will, we are here already” Choi Minja smiled hearing what Jiwon said when they arrived at Emerald City construction site.

Everyone in the office was surprised, since Minho is still in the Phase 1 site, his secretary, Mr. Choi let them stay at the onsite office and wait for Minho to arrive.

“This is really something huge isn’t it, I thought it is only one building, but these are various buildings and infrastructures, come see Jiwon-ah” Choi Minja was looking at the miniature of Emerald City displayed at the onsite office.

“Deh halmoni, something really big and extravagant, see the state of the art design of the buildings, I heard the architect of that buildings is world renowned” Jiwon told halmoni.

“She? A woman is the architect of this project?”

“Deh halmoni, you actually know..." Ji Won was cut off upon MinHo's arrival

“Halmoni, what brought you here, I immediately came when Mr. Choi told me you’re here” Minho came and excitedly hugged his grandma.

“Aish, this boy, I need to check on you, you should not skip meals, JiWon here prepared you lunch”

“Minho approached Jiwon and kissed her on the cheeks.

“Hmm, come on let’s eat what you prepared”

When they were about to enter the meeting room, Sutherlands team came along with Han Woo Jin,

“So far, everything is smooth, the digging of the underground passes and parking lots are ongoing, the contarctors are fast” Louis said

“Exactly, we have also received copy of the phase 3 building permits, so everything is fine” Sean exclaimed.

“Oh, Mr. Lee has a visistor?” When Woojin heard Grace he lifted his head from what he was reading and directed to the meeting room,

“Oh, halmoni and Kim Ji Won”

“They are?” Stanley asked

“Minho’s grandmother and fiancé, excuse me, I’ll join them”

“Sure thing Mr. Han” Stanley added.

“WooBin, your boss will arrive tonight, she’s on her flight now” Grace told Woobin

“Yes, Ms. Grace. Ms. Park called before she boarded, Mr. Yoon and I are going to pick her up tonight.” Woobin said.

“And, Andrei’s gonna be here by nextweek, Shinhye really can’t live without Andrei.” Stanley happily told everyone “W

ow, atleast we have cutie Andrei to play with, I missed that little man, who he is going to fly with him going here to Korea? Grace asked.

“Raewon of course, but he’ll just stay for a day and fly back to NY” Stanley explained.

“YesmMs. Park’s son is coming, we arranged everything for his arrival as well” Mr Yoon stated.

“By the way, your lunch is set already, your cars will send you off to the restaurant nearby, and since Mr. Han and Mr. Lee are having lunch already, we better go” Mr Yoon said.

WooBin approached Mr Yoon. “Mr.Yoon, don’t you think Ms. Shinhye is too young to have a 10-year old son? She is quite a real hot mom isn’t she?”

“Yah Kim Woo Bin, I think so too, but she is a capable architect, so we can’t judge her”

“We are not, I admire her, a single mother, a renowned architect, she knows what she do, and very capable on all aspect”

“haha, Kim Woo Bin, are you saying Ms. Park has everything you wish in a girl?”

“Yah, Mr. Yoon, nothing wrong with admiration, kaja I bet you’re hungry too”

---

“I’m in the villa now, you had a good sleep sweetheart?” Shinhye immediately answered Andrei’s call

“We are having breakfast now mom, good thing you landed safe, I had a good sleep. Aunt Lizzie will fetch us to school, last few days of school for me.”

“Be good in school and take care sweetheart, call mom if you have time, your Uncles Stanley, Louis and Sean and Aunt Grace says hi, they can’t wait to see you on Monday.”

“I will see them soon mom, and I have to go, love you mommy. Take care too”

“Bye sweetheart” Shinhye hanged up as soon as Andrei hanged up too.

“So how’s everything at the Emerald City?” Shinhye asked.

“Like what we told you, everything is smooth, the workers are kind, although some contractors aren’t speaking English so it’s kinda hard on our part but Woobin and Mr. Yoon are helpful.” Sean explained.

“I will be back tomorrow, will be checking on the interior design team first, Louis is coming with me along with Woobin, then will go onsite.

While Grace and Stanley are off to meet the Korean architects too, Mr Yoon is going with you so communication will not be a problem.” Shinhye instructed.

“And I’m going to supervise onsite with HLI people” Sean retorted.  

“Ok, thanks guys and sorry for being away for 2days at work” Shinhye apologized.

“You were physically not here but you were supervising online, it’s late we better go back to our own villas as well, so that you can rest” Sean said.

“And this is the report from HLI, Lee Minho proposed new design on mall interiors of Emerald City, check it out and we’ll discuss it in our meeting”

“Thanks Grace” All four stood and headed to their respective villas

Shinhye stared at the proposal and sighed, Lee Minho why you always oppose to our designs? You are an Engineer, leave the building designs to the architects! Aish...” Shinhye whispered to herself.

---

“That was great Shinhye, the interior design team was pleased with your suggestions and was amazed by you, the Shinhye magic was once again casted a spell I guess” Louis proudly told Shinhye.

“Haha, not funny at all Louis, but I will take that as a compliment perhaps, we ended early can we drop by a place? Shinhye requested

“Where to Ms. Shinhye?” Woobin asked.

“At the columbarium just after the Seoul cemetery, promise it will just be a short visit”

“Who’s there to visit? Louis asked again.

“My mother.”

---

Shinhye saw a small fresh flower on her mother’s columbarium,

“Eomma, how have you been, Mianhe if I wasn’t able to visit you for the past 10years, I am back now, I guess you have a visitor lately you have fresh flowers here. I was not able to visit you last week, but from now on I will often visit you, I will introduce you to someone when I get back, he is my son, his name is Andrei, you will love him eomma.” Shinhye started to sob

“Sorry if I disappointed you eomma, I miss you and I love you…. I have to go now, but I will be back again, I promise” Shinhye wiped her tears and bowed infront her mother’s urn, she headed back to the car where Woobin and Louis are waiting.

“Let’s go guys, thanks for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter