Chapter 19

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Buckle up kid” Minho asked Andrei

Andrei did what he was asked to do, and sat quietly at the passenger seat.

“I wonder why is it so traffic around this area” Minho asked himself while he glanced at the quiet kid beside him, “Do you want to turn on the radio? What’s your favorite music?” Minho offered Andrei, an attempt to talk to Andrei. The kid just shrugged his shoulder, stared at Minho for a moment and stared out of the window again.

“Eo games, wanna play games on my phone?” Minho successfully got the kid’s attention, tempted to accept his father’s offer, yet he gave in coz he forgot his phone inside his backpack.

“What kind of games?” he asked

“You can download whichever you feel like playing” Minho gave his phone to Andrei, smiling from ear to ear. Andrei took it and browsed through it. He started playing and kept himself occupied despite the traffic. Minho was happy to see his mini-version completely being like him, a games enthusiast.

Moments later, Andrei handed the phone back to Minho, “Someone’s calling you”

“You can just ignore it, just continue playing”

“It seems important, you have several messages too” Andrei handed back Minho’s phone.

“Okay, thanks kid. I’ll check on it when we go down, we just need to look for a parking space now” Minho replied as he smiled at Andrei

“Sure thing” his cold reply.

---

It was his halmoni who called Minho he gave the old lady a callback, “Eo, halmoni, sorry I won’t be going home anytime soon, I need to attend to important matter over the weekend. I’ll just call Ji Won-ssi then, I will hang up now, saranghae halmoni” Andrei was just staring at him, forcing himself to understand what he just said.

“Halmoni, your grandmother? She’s probably looking for you now. After we do the grocery you can go home really, mommy and I will be just fine” Andrei coldly told Minho

“Nope, I mean yes, it was my grandmother. But nope, I am not leaving you and your mother until Krystal come tomorrow. So, you will probably get sick of this older version of you until tomorrow” Andrei pouted, “Not happy?” Minho teased his son as he patted his head, he knew he can’t easily sway his feelings, his as tough as his mom but he knows his mini version, just like his mother, will eventually forgive him. He just hoped it will be soon, he can’t wait to bond with Andrei without the awkward feeling at all.

Andrei faintly smiled; although acting cold but he liked the idea of his dad just being around.

---

“Do you want anything else before we go home, kid?” Minho asked carrying all the stuff they bought from the grocery.

“We almost ransacked the meat, vegetable and fruit section of the grocery. I think we have enough already. Mom’s going to freak out with all these” Andrei pointing out to the 7baggages filled with grocery items that Minho is carrying.

“I was just making sure we have enough food for the weekend” Minho replied as he gestures his son to get the keys of their car and unlock it.

“This can last for a couple of days, meaning, you won’t be there before we consume all of these” Andrei retorted.

Minho heard what he said and felt guilty all over again, but he chose to ignore it.

“Let’s drop by somewhere, you need drink your medicine in a bit, so you need to eat something. We’ll be quick, so that we’ll just arrive in time for your mother’s.” Minho opened the passenger for Andrei, he quickly got in and fastened his seatbelt.

“I don’t want to eat anything now; I’ll just eat with Mommy when we get home.” Andrei told Minho

Minho just nodded; he’s feeling frustrated on his son’s stubbornness but he clearly understands where he is coming from.

Minho’s phone rang, it was Shinhye, “Hey kid, it’s your mom” Minho handed the phone to Andrei

“HI mom, how are you feeling? We just finished at the grocery.” Andrei told his mother

“Sweetie, I just called to remind you about your medicine, but you need to eat first. Sweetheart, handover the phone to your… uncle Minho” Shinhye reminded over the phone, almost said father.

“Sure thing mom” He handed the phone to Minho, “here”

“Shinhye, heavy traffic around the are is taking our trip to grocery longer. Yes, I know it’s time for his medicine, we’ll drop by at a convenience store to grab some snacks for him to drink his medicines” Minho stared at Andrei as he loudly repeats what Shinhye was saying, loud enough for Andrei to understand that it was an order from his mother.

“You want to talk to your mom again? Or I’ll hang up?” Minho asked Andrei

He grabbed the phone, “We’ll be home in a bit mom, love you” and hanged up

“So, any cravings?” Minho smiled at Andrei

“There’s a burger joint, that will do” He sighed in defeat

Minho’s victorious smile was evident, he parked at the front of the burger joint.

---

Minho and Andrei are sitting across each other. Mirroring each other’s way of eating their burgers, indeed like father like son. Minho pulled out a pillbox from his purse and handed the medicine to Andrei, he took it and drank in an instant.

“Let’s get your mom something, so that she can eat while I prepare the food” Minho offered Andrei

“Okay” Andrei replied

While Minho was at the counter, Andrei saw a family from an adjacent table, the father and son are bonding sweetly over their food, the kid is feeding his father and the father showering kisses on the kid. Andrei felt jealous, he stared at the food counter where Minho was falling in line and stared back at the family from the adjacent table. “Sometimes, I just want to go back that he’s just my Uncle Minho” he sadly told himself.

Minho appeared beside Andrei, carrying their take aways for Shinhye. “hey little handsome, let’s go?” then he saw Andrei’s sad face, his eyes are in the verge of crying. He knew something was wrong, he always knew that, he’s just too afraid that he would hurt his son more.

“Mmm. Let’s go, mom’s waiting for us” Andrei hurriedly got up an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter