Chapter 17

This Time Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho carried Shinhye and laid her on the couch across her office table. Andrei worriedly looked at his mom who is still unconscious, he sat beside her while Minho kneeled down beside the couch and checked her vitals. It doesn’t seem normal, her complexion looked so pale and her pulse seemed not normal.


“We should bring her to the hospital” Woo Bin suggested making Minho and Andrei turn to his side.


Minho was stunned with what happened, awhile ago Shinhye passed out, next thing he knew Andrei entered the room and shouted at him. Without wasting time, Minho carried Shinhye again but Andrei stood up and gestured to stop Minho, if he were to choose, he wanted Woo Bin instead of Minho.


“Woo Bin hyung, can we please bring mommy to the hospital?” Andrei begged as tears starts to fall from his eyes. Minho’s heart broke into a million of pieces seeing his son cry.


“Woo Bin-ssi please take care of Andrei I will bring Shinhye to the hospital” Minho asked Woo Bin and carried Shinhye again heading outside.


“I want to go with my mommy, I am going with my mommy! Mommy!!!” Now Andrei is throwing tantrums against Minho. Woo Bin grabbed him but the kid is so stubborn he insisted what he want to do.


Minho can’t take seeing his son cry this much, “Okay kid, come on, Woo Bin ssi, sorry but can you just please inform my colleague Woo Jin about what happened. Thank you.”


Andrei immediately wiped his tears and went along with Minho who’s carrying Shinhye on his arms.


---


“Get inside Andrei” Minho commanded Andrei after he buckled up Shinhye in the front passenger seat.


“Mommy, wake up…please” Andrei pleaded as he got in the car, Minho looked at him through the rearview mirror, “She’s going to be fine, don’t worry much Andrei.”


He dialed his father’s number while he hurriedly drove to the hospital. “Appa meet me at the emergency, Shinhye is unconscious”


---


“Appa, how is she? Is she alright?” Minho worriedly asked his father.


“Mr. Doctor, is something serious happened to my mommy? She is fine this morning, why all of a sudden she is like that?” little Andrei is about to cry again asking Dr. Lee.


“Such a cutie, seeing both of you.” Lee Bin Hyeon smiled as he looked at Minho then at Andrei, “ Well, your mom, is fine it is just over fatigue. Meaning her body already gave in with all the tiredness and stress around her. But she is totally fine, we’ll let her rest for now. Don’t worry ok?” Lee Bin Hyeon smiled at the little kid, assuring him not to worry. He wiped the tears in his eyes.


“And oh, kids like you are not allowed in the hospital, and I can still recall you are still recuperating from being hospitalized as well, your little body also needs rest.” Dr. Lee added.


Minho stared at his father and his son, when he met his father’s gaze, his eyes asked him if he can back them up so that they’ll allow Andrei to stay.
Lee Bin Hyeon knew exactly what his son’s eyes are telling him, and just as he would suggest the little kid begged again, “Mr. Doctor, I want to stay with mommy, please let me stay with her. I will be obedient, I just want to be beside her” using his cute antics and Minho’s stares over him, Dr. Lee allowed Andrei to stay.


“Sure but I will also have to check on you as well. And just be obedient, ok?”


“Yes Mr. Doctor”


“Hmmm, Mr.Doctor is fine, but can I ask you to call me harabeoji instead of Mr. Doctor? I would love to be your grandpa if you’ll allow me? Can you?” Dr. Lee told Andrei, Minho was a bit shocked, but Andrei replied with a smile at his father.


“Minho, Shinhye is transferred now to the room, you can check on her already. Bring this kid along, I will check on them after my next surgery”


“Deh Appa, kamsahamnida.” Minho bowed politely at his father, Dr. Lee left them with a smile on his face.


Minho is nervous being left with Andrei, after a long while, it is only now that they were together, after knowing this kid is his son, he don’t know what courage he has to pull off just to face this kid again.


“Andrei, shall we go see your mom now?” Minho asked Andrei. The boy stared at him for a moment without talking at all, he just nodded.


---


“Mommy is still sleeping.” Andrei softly mumbled as he slowly sat beside Shinhye’s hospital bed.


Minho didn’t realize that tears are slowly clouding his eyes, the view of seeing Shinhye and Andrei in front of him makes him happy, but seeing them like this, it makes it even harder to stick with his decision of going to China. How will he be able to leave, how much strength does he need to gather to fight everything he wants from what Shinhye requests him to do.


“Just the two of them for the past 10years, like this. I am sorry Shinhye, from now on I will be right here for both of you” Minho thought as tears slowly fall down his eyes.


Knock…knock..


Minho immediately wiped his eyes as an intern slowly opened the door and brought foods and medicines in.


“Dr. Lee ordered this food and said to let the child drink his medicine 30minutes after eating.” The intern advised Minho and arranged the food on the table and bowed at him before he left.


Minho bowed at the intern and prepared the food on the table. He then slowly approached Andrei, “Andrei, are you hungry? Your mom will probably wake up later, you can’t skip meals remember what Mr. Doctor told you? Your just recuperating and you also need to take medicines, so you need to eat first and…” Minho suddenly stopped what he was saying seeing Andrei’s gaze on him, as if examining him through his eyes. The kids’ stares are meaningful, there was a silent message he couldn’t understand.


“and… uhmmm… so that you’ll be allowed to stay here.” Minho added not tearing away the same stare Andrei is giving him, exactly same pair of eyes he has.


“I am not hungry, I want mom to see me first when she wakes up.” Andrei stubbornly replied.


“Mr. Doctor ordered these food for you, and bought your medicines already.” Minho stepped in closer to Andrei, he knew this kid is stubborn, exactly his mini version, same reasoning he had.


“Your mom will be furious when she found out that you, didn’t obey Mr. Doctor, do you like that?” Minho replied, his not usual self of having a long patience over a stubborn conversation. He slowly realize, it’s hard to compromise especially with his son.


“I’ll ask Krystal noona to come so that you can go home to your fiancé. We’ve caused much of a trouble to you.” Andrei replied in his hoarse voice without looking at Minho.


“It’s late, I can ask her by tomorrow, but now you have no choice but obey what Mr. Doctor told you. ” Minho’s patience is going thinner but he’ll not back down. “ And I am going to stay as well since no one’s going to look after you and your mom when she wakes up, arasso? I mean I hope you understand” Minho almost pleased.


“Ok, if they were docor harabeoji’s orders, I will obey. I promised him I will be obedient.” An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter