Z is for Zion

MyungJong's Dictionary

Zion

 

Noun

 

1. an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal

 


 

The sky was a light shade of blue when Myungsoo opened his eyes. There were lots of clouds drifting by making the sun’s hot rays shine at a minimum rate, just the way Myungsoo likes it. The wind was blowing through the soft grass he was laying on carrying with the sweet scent of flowers and honey from a nearby beehive. He sat up and saw his family having fun in front of him, his mother called out to him saying that he’ll catch a cold if he sleeps any longer outside he just smiled at her to reassure her.

He looks around him and thinks how this place is almost perfect, almost. There’s something missing here but he can’t seem to pinpoint what. Something really important is not here in this place, something that will feel this empty part in Myungsoo’s heart but what is that something? He wonders to himself how someone could ask more than this. The place he was at was perfect and he could see his family’s warm smiles so why does he keep longing for something?

“Something’s wrong,” Myungsoo whispered to himself. “Someone’s missing.”

♫ Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? naega neol geokjeo-

Myungsoo fluttered his eyes open as he heard his alarm and met the white ceiling of their dorm he groggily got up from his bed and then proceeded to go into the kitchen and as usual he saw Woohyun there cooking for breakfast since the two of them always wake up first.

“Morning hyung,” Myungsoo greeted as he sat down on his place at the table.

“Morning,” Woohyun greeted happily. “Had a good sleep?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Myungsoo said as he remembered his almost perfect dream.

“You guess?” Woohyun said as he cracked an egg onto the frying pan. “Did you have a bad dream or something?”

“My dream wasn’t bad at all,” Myungsoo started. “The scenery was perfect and my family was there all happy and together.”

“So why don’t you seem so sure while saying that?” Woohyun asked as he placed the cooked eggs on the table and proceeded to fry the bacon.

“It’s just that,” Myungsoo sighed. “Something felt wrong or rather something felt missing in that place.”

“Oh?” Woohyun said, not really sure on what to say. “Maybe it’s the wrong place or maybe there’s a missing person there.”

“But I’ve always loved that hilltop ever since I was little and I’m pretty sure my family is complete there,” Myungsoo mused.

“Maybe,” Woohyun started but he’s not really sure what he’ll say is right, but he says his theory anyways. “Maybe there is a person missing there for you but is not part of your family.”

“Hmm? Why would I miss a specific person?” Myungsoo asked.

“Who would have thought that this day would come,” Woohyun smiled as he whispered to himself. He then turned to face Myungsoo who was still waiting for his answer. “You know the story of how the first man ever had four legs, four arms, four eyes, two heads but one heart?”

“What does that have to do with my question?”

“Yah! Let your hyung finish,” Woohyun scolded. “Because that person was so ugly the gods decided to split it into two person even their one heart was separated, so even when they were two different individuals their hearts still long for each other so they fall in love and be together.”

“I still don’t get what you’re saying,” Myungsoo said as he looked incredulously at his hyung.

“What I’m saying is that maybe the thing you’re missing for is that other half of yours,” Woohyun explained as he finished cooking the crispy bacon and set it on the table. “And that your subconscious aka your dreams are showing your longing.”

“I don’t know if you’re right hyung,” Myungsoo said unsurely as he tried to get a piece of bacon but Woohyun slapped his hand away.

“It’s almost time to get the others up so keep your hands to yourself a little while longer.”

Woohyun then went to every room to get his sleepy members up giving Myungsoo time to contemplate what they discussed. Longing for a specific someone? Like a soulmate or something? Is that why there's this little part in his hart that feels kind of empty? Aish, this is too much to think about on an empty stomach, he'll eat breakfast first before thinking about it some more. The other Infinite members then came into their dining are/living room and sat at their designated places on the dining table. As soon as they were all together Myungsoo felt that something was off, something was missing he lloked around and saw that the seat next to him was unusually empty.

"Where's Sungjong?" Myungsoo asked and Hoya just lloked at him weirdly.

"He's with his family remember? For his brother's birthday," Hoya explained as he took some eggs. "You're so forgetful Myung."

"Oh," Myungsoo said as once again he felt that empty part in his heart and suddenly Woohyun's words came crashing to him with full force. "Oh."

"Don't worry Myungsoo," Woohyun said with a smile. "That empty space will be filled later in the afternoon."

The other members didn’t think weirdly of what Woohyun said for they all thought that he was talking about Sungjong’s empty seat beside Myungsoo but for Myungsoo those words told a whole other story. He wasn’t sure if Woohyun was talking about the empty seat beside him or the empty feeling in his heart, one thing for sure though is that they both belong to Sungjong.

 

“I’m home!” Sungjong voice sounded throughout the dorm sometime in the afternoon.

“Jongie!” Sungyeol cried as he hugged the younger. “Did you bring back anything?”

“So you only want me home for presents?” Sungjong said feigning hurt. “That’s harsh hyung.”

“Ani!” Sungyeol quickly denied. “But it’ll be cool if you brought back presents.”

“Here,” Sungjong shoved a box of cake to his hyung. “My mom made it for us to share hyung, not stuff your face into it.”

“What do you take me for? A pig?” Sungyeol asked. “Don’t answer that question.”

With that said Sungyeol happily brought the box to the kitchen so that he could get the first and probably the biggest slice of the cake. Sungjong just laughed at his hyungs antics, although he just got back from the family he missed so much he was glad to be back to his second family since he missed them too, especially a certain year older than him hyung, but he’ll never admit that.

He then proceeded to his shared room with Hoya to unpack his things into his closet and maybe take a little nap from his trip, but as soon as he entered his room he thought that maybe he’ll just be fixing his clothes since someone was already occupying his bed but when he saw who that someone is then maybe he won’t be able to do that either.

“Hi hyung,” Sungjong greeted the lump buried in his bed.

“Jongie,” Myungsoo said as he looked down on the boy. “You’re back.”

“Yup,” smiled Sungjong. “Why are you there?”

“I’m just,” Myungsoo started unsurely. “Trying to figure something out.”

“By being on my bed?” Sungjong asked.

“Yeah,” Myungsoo replied as he got down from the top bunk, he then stared a little at Sungjong making the younger feel a little awkward and then he did something that shocked the petite boy, he hugged him.

“Hyung?” Sungjong asked as he held the elder’s shirt for support because he feels like his knees will fail him any moment.

“Just as I thought,” Myungsoo mused as he breathed in the other boy’s scent.

“What?” Sungjong asked.

Myungsoo peeled himself away from the younger and just smiled at him. He couldn’t tell the younger that he was on his bed because he misses him now could he? Cause that would look creepy and a bit erted. He also couldn’t tell that having Sungjong in his arms makes those empty spaces in his heart overflow now, can he? Cause he doesn’t know how the other will react.

“What?” Sungjong asked again because Myungsoo was just staring at him while showing that wonderful smile and to be honest it wasn’t good for Sungjong’s heart.

“Nothing Jongie, I’ll tell you some other time,” Myungsoo said as he made his way out the door. “And Sungjong?”

“Hmm?”

“Welcome back,” Myungsoo smiled and then he closed the door to the room as he entered into his own with a new realization at hand.

He, Kim Myungsoo, loves Lee Sungjong.

The way Sungjong laughs at Sungyeol’s antics or the way he cries because of nightmares, how he can’t seem to stop talking or how he feels embarrassed when he’s noisy, how he wants to be the oldest so that he can boss them around or how he loves being the youngest cause they spoil him a little [in Myungsoo’s case a lot], the way he works the hardest cause he knows he lacks in some aspects or how he whines the longest about anything at hand, how their hands fit perfectly with each other or how the two of them are just made for each other. Myungsoo loves it all, he loves everything that has to do with Sungjong.

 “So why don’t you tell him you love him?” Woohyun asked as the two of them were talking that night, the elder was kind of a stepping stone to his realization so maybe he could ask more advice from the greasiest member of the group.

“It’s not that easy hyung,” Myungsoo sighed as he flipped through the channels not really paying attention to the TV.

“Why isn’t it?” Woohyun asked. “I mean, your feelings for him are true right? So saying you love him should be an easy task.”

“That’s just it hyung,” Myungsoo said as he faced the elder and letting the commercial about a soda pop be a background music. “These feelings, what I feel for Jongie they’re real hyung. It’s warm but suffocating. It’s happy but you fear it. So how can I easily say I love you to him when I know that it contains all these things?”

“Wow,” Woohyun breathed after the younger’s little monologue. “You really fell for him hard.”

“I did hyung,” Myungsoo sighed. “I just wish I found out about it sooner so that the feeling won’t be so overflowing to the point that I’m scared of losing him without even trying to confess.”

“But at least you did realize it before got snatched away by someone else,” Woohyun said trying to cheer the other up. “Now let’s go to sleep, it’s getting late and Gyu-hyung will nag us if we don’t sleep soon.”

“Thanks hyung,” Myungsoo smiled as the two of them entered their own shared rooms where the other members were asleep already.

 

Myungsoo once again opened his eyes to the same blue sky that night while he lay on the lush green grass. Just as he expected he saw his family calling him over when he sat up and this time he got up and went to their little picnic blanket that miraculously had space for all of them and one more.

“Mom,” Myungsoo began, he really didn’t know what he was saying nor did he have any control to it. “Did you invite Sungjong?”

“Why of course I did honey,” Mrs. Kim smiled. “He’s a very special person to you so of course I invited him at once.”

Myungsoo’s heart did a little flip at his mom’s words, but his brother’s next words sank it far below the ground.

“I wonder if he brought his lover?” Moonsoo asked to no one in particular.

“I did say he could bring him,” Mrs. Kim said. “They look so cute together and seems so inseparable that I had to invite him too, am I right Myungsoo? Which is why you let them be together.”

“I…” Myungsoo started but he can’t seem to finish for it was getting harder to breathe he also couldn’t feel his heart beat anymore and once again he opened his eyes only to face the ceiling of his room with Dongwoo’s arm on top of his chest.

Never in his life was he ever so thankful that Dongwoo always moved recklessly in his sleep – Myungsoo couldn’t count anymore the times where he slept facing Dongwoo’s face but woke up facing his feet instead – he has a new found appreciation for the fact that his roommate is a heavy sleeper cause he doesn’t want the elder to see the tears streaming down his face. He just lay there while staring at the ceiling and after a few seconds the tears stopped and his breathing became easy again once he got Dongwoo’s arm of his chest. He just lay there and as he feels sleep take him again he prays for a dreamless sleep which, fortunately, he got.

 

The next morning Myungsoo got up later than usual and when he went out of his room he was instantly greeted by Hoya’s face making Myungsoo back away a little as he was quiet shock.

“Myung,” Hoya smiled. “I was just about to wake you up, it’s not like you to wake up last.”

“I, I guess I just felt more tired than usual last night,” Myungsoo explained forcing a smile to reassure his hyung.

“Did you,” Hoya began as he examined the younger’s face. “Did you cry yourself to sleep or something?”

“Huh?” Myungsoo said and he instantly saw Sungjong’s worried face peek from behind Hoya as he sat on the table, he then regained his composure cause he wouldn’t want the others, especially Sungjong, to worry about him. “What makes you say that hyung?”

“It’s just that,” Hoya said a bit worriedly. “Your eyes are really puffy and red.”

“Oh?” Myungsoo said feigning shock. “Maybe it’s cause I’m not used to waking up this late. Why would I cry hyung?”

“I guess you’re right,” Hoya said as he slung an arm around the younger’s shoulder. “Well come on then or else Sungyeol will finish breakfast.”

“Yah!” Sungyeol cried as the two of them made their way over to the table and then began a little not-really-serious-argument with Hoya.

“Are you really alright hyung?” Sungjong asked at once as soon as Myungsoo sat beside him.

“I’m fine Jongie,” Myungsoo answered with a smile as he ruffled the younger’s hair making him pout and erase the worry on his face. “Now eat or I’ll eat for you.”

 

Later that day Myungsoo lay on their dorm’s floor playing games on his phone not really thinking of anything cause whenever he does think it will always be filled with Sungjong but because of his dream last night it would also lead him to that dream. Why did his mom even say that? Isn’t your dream like your subconscious? Does his subconscious want his precious little maknae to go to someone else?

“Aish,” Myungsoo mutters, he’s thinking about it again. He then turns the volume a little higher so that his earphones will completely block everything in his mind thinking, unfortunately even Sunggyu’s voice.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo!” Sunggyu yelled as he plugged the earphone out of Myungsoo’s ear. “These are earphones you know, not speakers I can hear them from the ktchen.”

“Sorry,” Myungsoo said.

“Anyways,” Sunggyu started. “Me, Woohyun and Sungyeol will be grocery shopping while Hoya and Dongwoo will be out with Jungryul-hyung to run some errands, leaving you and Jongie alone here.”

“Oh,” Myungsoo simply said.

“We’ll be going now then,” Sunggyu said and then he was out the door with the rest of the members.

So now he’s all alone in the dorm with Sungjong nothing bad will come out of this arrangement but he just hopes that something good will, what that good thing is he isn’t sure as of right now.

“The rest have gone?” Sungjong asked as he emerged from his bedroom while holding a book.

“Yup,” Myungsoo replied as he watched enter the kitchen.

“Aish,” Sungjong muttered from the kitchen.

“Is something wrong Sungjong?” Myungsoo asked.

“They ate my share of cake too,” Sungjong pouted as he held the cake box that was now filled with crumbs.

“If it makes you feel any better I didn’t get to eat my share too,” Myungsoo smiled at the younger.

“Then let’s get revenge hyung,” Sungjong laughed. “We’ll start by destroying Yeollie-hyung’s laptop.”

“How about I just buy you some more cake instead?” Myungsoo suggested although he knows that Sungjong would never do something so mean like that.

“You always have the best ideas Myung-hyung,” Sungjong smiled as he watched the elder get up from the floor, he quickly noticed the earphones entangled around Myungsoo’s feet so he came closer to try and help him. “Hyung, your fee-”

Sungjong didn’t get to finish what he was saying nor did he succeed in warning his hyung cause Myungsoo still tripped on his earphones and toppled on top of the younger making them both crash onto the floor with Sungjong beneath Myungsoo.

“Hyung~” whined the younger. “I can’t breathe.”

“Sorry,” Myungsoo says as he started to get up but stopped midway for his eyes suddenly got locked on Sungjong’s.

Although Myungsoo was no longer on top of him Sungjong still found it very difficult to breathe as he stared straight at his hyung whose face seems to be getting closer with every second.

‘Is this okay?’ Myungsoo asks himself as his face get’s closer until their lips were mere inches apart. ‘I still haven’t said those words to him and yet…’

Myungsoo then involuntarily stopped his actions and just laid his chin on the younger’s shoulder. He should get his feelings straightened out first before he even thinks of kissing Sungjong and yet he feels like he can’t hold back anymore so he gets up before he destroys this bond they already have. He then enters his shared room leaving a quiet stunned Sungjong lying on the floor.

 

‘What. Was. That?!’ Sungjong screamed in his head, he thought for sure that Myungsoo was gonna kiss him but no, he just lay there then left him feeling a little disappointed.

“Aish!” he cried as he ruffled his already mused hair. Sungjong then glared at the door to the bedroom that Myungsoo just entered as if it was gonna bore holes or something. He then stood up, dusted himself then marched right into the MyungDongYeol room. “Yah, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Sungjong,” whispered the visual obviously shocked by the younger’s actions, he then sat up straight on his bed as the younger towered over him.

“You better fix this,” Sungjong started as his cheeks became tinted with pink.

“Fix what?” Myungsoo asked, he clearly doesn’t know what the younger is talking about.

“This,” Sungjong then grabbed Myungsoo’s hand then placed it above his chest where his fast beating heart is. “I think its malfunctioning hyung.”

Myungsoo stares at Sungjong as the younger fell on his knees on his bed he looked down at the mattress but you could see that his ears are bright red and all this time Myungsoo’s hand never left it’s spot above Sungjong’s heart as he realized something.

‘His heart,’ Myungsoo thought with a small smile. ‘I’m not the only one.’

“Neh Jongie,” Myungsoo said softly. “What caused your heart to be like this?”

“You,” Sungjong answered simply, still not looking up.

“Then I want it to stay like that,” Myungsoo started as he grabbed the younger’s hand and placed it on top of his own heart. “So that we could be even since you caused this too.”

“Is it for the same reason?” Sungjong asked as he grabbed a fistful of Myungsoo’s shirt, he was clearlt afraid of what the other would answer but Myungsoo knows three words that will get rid of the fear in the younger’s heart.

“I love you,” Myungsoo whispered tenderly and then boom! His heart exploded just as he predicted, all those mixed feelings that came with saying those words are finally free and running amok inside his heart, he feels like his underwater as it gets harder to breathe but all of this stop once he felt a pair of warm lips against his own and suddenly everything is calm.

Sungjong slowly pulls away from his hyung and as he does he whispers 4 words to the elder.

“I love you too.”

Before the other could move any further Myungsoo crashed their lips again and Sungjong didn’t even wait a heartbeat to kiss him right back. Myungsoo then pushes Sungjong down on the bed and when he broke the kiss for much needed air he couldn’t help but stare again right into those brown eyes that just seemed like the world to him.

“I’m sorry,” Myungsoo muttered as he lay next to Sungjong and then wrapped his arms around the youngest’s small waist.

“For what hyung?”

“For not saying those words earlier,” Myungsoo started. “For keeping it all bottled in.”

“It’s fine,” Sungjong smiled as he snuggled closer to the elder. “As long as those words are free no then it’s all good.”

“I know.” The elder smiled as he kissed his lover on the forehead gently, lovingly. “I love you.”

And as those words roamed free their hearts the two of them closed their eyes as they let sleep consume them side by side.

 

It was the same beautiful blue sky that Myungsoo saw when he opened his eyes but it looked more beautiful now with its drifting clouds and the grass he lay on was much softer while the breeze was much sweeter. He slowly got up and again he saw his smiling family who called him over. He was reluctant at going but suddenly he felt a pair of familiar hands intertwine perfectly into his. He turned to his side and there he saw Sungjong smiling while standing where he should be, right beside him.

“Your mom’s calling us hyung,” Sungjong smiled as he tugged the other’s hand. “Come on.”

Myungsoo wanted to stay there forever with his family and Sungjong sitting happily all around him, but he knows that this is a dream, he knows that this is real and honestly speaking he preferred real over this imaginary world and so he decided to wake up.

As soon as his eyes fluttered open he was greeted by Sungjong’s sleeping face in his arms and Myungsoo decides to pull the younger closer as he smiles at the younger and thinks that reality is a much better place than his dreams. He placed a small kiss on Sungjong’s forehead as he decides it’s better to watch the younger sleep than sleep himself.

And everything was perfect.

 


 

I had the same experience as Myungsoo here... having the same dream 3 time in a row but some details changed in each one, the only difference is mine was a freaking nightmare with zombie maniquins trying to kill me as I fight them of with this guy whose face I can't seem to remember >_<

 

and it has ended, I felt something well up in me when I clicked the 'Mark Story Complete' button...

I just want to thank you all for staying with me until the end ^^ all of you made me feel like such a special person =D

I don't really know what to say now since I'm really awful with goodbyes

so since I'm awful with goodbyes let's say this is a see you later because I have already started a brand new oneshot collection and the first entry is, of course, MyungJong ^^ please check it out here:

I just want to say that I could never have created these oneshots without having inspirations from mangas, doujinshis and other stories so if anyone of you would make one of these letters as an inspiration to your own story then I would be super duper happy ^^ and I'll be ecstatic if it's MyungJong =DD [just please don't plagiarize =))]

again I thank you all of you for supporting me and MyungJong =))

 

 

and... can I spazz just a little? only a little cause if I spazz out right then this will be longer than the whole fic XD

first: B.A.P's POWER OHMAIGAHD!!!!!!!!! my poor fangirl heart almost died!! and I love it that Himchan still has that crazy look in his eyes in this MV =D

second: F.CUZ's No.1 THEY ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still sad that LeeU is gone ;A; but I will still support them and Daegeon and raehyun are also quiete talented ^^ and Yejun, my hubby, looks so handsome in blonde =D

third: U-KISS's DORADORA Kiseop!! I promised my sister I will never steal you from her but why did you have to dye your hair red?!? don't you know I have this slight for red heads! you make it hard to be loyal to Kevin LOL

and why are all their dances so awesome? B.A.P with their smoke canisters, F.CUZ with their neon suits and U-KISS with their foot work at the doradora part =D

and May is just around the corner meaning that my birthday is almost here and INFINITE will be having a comeback as a birthday present to me \(^o^)/ [<--- delusional fangirl XD]

 

well then... see you all later ^^