V is for Verbal

MyungJong's Dictionary

Verbal

Adjective

1. expressed in spoken words

2. consisting of or expressed in words (as opposed to actions)

 


 

Lee Sung Jong was walking down the streets of Seoul, making his way to his boyfriend's Myung Soo's house. It wasn't the first time he's going there but it'll be the first time he's going there with his whole family present. Yes. He was finally going to meet Myung Soo's parents and little brother after 4 months of dating making Sung Jong a nervous wreck.

'Maybe I should have brought flowers too.' thought Sung Jong as he looked down at the cake his holding as a gift. 'But maybe they'll think I'm going overboard or something.'

"Aish!" Sung Jong cried to the wind earning him a few stares from random passerbys.

Why is he so nervous? His seen Myung Soo's brother, Moon Soo, a few times at school and has talked to his parents over the phone so it shouldn't be any different if they talk face to face right? He then took another long cut as he thought about this. He knows he's prolonging his agony as he keeps on taking the longer route to his boyfriend's house but it gives him time to calm down his fast beating heart. But unfortunately for Sung Jong it didn't work because with his still fast beating heart and slightly sweaty hands he could already see Myung Soo's house.

'Ok. I'll just be myself and everything will be fine.' Sung Jong then knocked at Myung Soo's front door and he could instantly hear foot steps walk towards the door. 'Maybe it's not to late to turn back now.' thought the young lad as he took a step back but it was too late because the door suddenly swung open revealing Moon Soo's face.

Sung Jong and Moon Soo stared at each other awkwardly for about a minute before Moon Soo decided to break it.

"You," started Moon Soo as he stared at the elder's face. "You're a lot prettier up close."

Sung Jong's face instantly turned bright red. Sure he's been said that he was pretty instead of handsome millions of times before but he just couldn't get used to it. He was about to say thank you to the younger boy when suddenly someone smacked poor Moon Soo on the back of his head.

"Will you stop staring at him you cocky little brat." Myung Soo's voice was suddenly heard as he smacked his brother's head. He then turned to smile at Sung Jong before inviting him in. "Didn't mom tell you to get the laundry out of the dryer?"

"And leave your boyfriend out here in the cold?" Moon Soo said feigning hurt in his voice. "I'm not that kind of person hyung."

"And yet you chose to stare at him than inviting him inside." the older sibling said smugly.

"Well he's your first boyfriend that you brought over so I just kinda observed him a little." Moon Soo explained sheepishly. He then turned to Sung Jong then bowed at him. "I'm very sorry for staring at you earlier."

"It's fine." Sung Jong smiled as he waved his hand dismissing the issue. Moon Soo suddenly grabbed both of Sung Jong's delicate hands shocking the feminine boy a bit.

"I'm Kim Moon Soo." smiled the dongsaeng. "I shall be in your care from now on. Since Myung-hyung can't really take care of me. I sometimes feel that I'm the hyung."

Myung Soo was about to tell off his younger brother if Sung Jong didn't speak first, shocking him even more.

"Then I shall take care of you well since your hyung seems to neglect you." teased Sung Jong. "And you do seem like a competent hyung."

Moon Soo laughed at the elder's witty words then slung an arm around Sung Jong's shoulder - they were the same height so it didn't look weird nor was it hard to do.

"You and me," started Moon Soo as he pointed at Sung Jong then to him. "We're gonna get along just fine." he then turned to his brother then gave him a thumbs up as a sign of approval.

Myung Soo was gonna smack his brother's head once again if the other didn't evade quick enough then ran to the direction of the laundry room, you could hear the soft chuckles from Moon Soo's mouth as he entered the room to finish the assigned task to him.

"That cocky little brat." muttered Myung Soo under his breath, he then turned to look at Sung Jong and warmed up when he saw the smile on the shorter man's lips.

"You're brother's nice." smiled Sung Jong. He was really glad that Moon Soo accepted him well. Even if the two siblings would fight often he knew that it just kept their bond for each other stronger. 'One down, two more to go.' thought Sung Jong as he cheered himself on as he followed Myung Soo.

Myung Soo's house was a simple two story house. It had a living room, kitchen, dining room and a bathroom on the first floor and had 2 bedrooms on the second floor, one for their parents and one for the siblings.

The two of them made their way to the living room where Myung Soo's dad was sitting on the couch watching TV. Sung Jong's nervousness just returned 10 folds.

"He doesn't bite." joked Myung Soo with a warm smile on his lips as he held Sung Jong's hand making the other's heart calm down a bit. The elder always had this effect on Sung Jong, with just one smile and with their hands intertwined he knows Myung Soo's there for him in whatever happens.

"Dad." Myung Soo said catching his dad's attention succesfully. Mr. Kim is a tall man with a sense of authority around him making Sung Jong grip Myung Soo's hand harder. He was already in his late 40's but you'd never guess with his handsome face. "This is Sung Jong."

"Finally!" Mr. Kim's voice boomed shocking Sung Jong a bit as the father made his way over to him. He then looked at Sung Jong then grasped Myung Soo's shoulder as he gave them both a smile. "I give the two of you my blessing."

"Dad!" cried Myung Soo. "We're not getting married you know."

"Well you talk about him 24/7 so it's practically the same thing you know." teased his dad with a playful smile. "Now go and introduce him to your mom. She's been excited since last night you know."

 

They then went there way to the kitchem to meet Myung Soo's mom. Even though he was teased by his dad you could see the look of relief on Myung Soo's face, apparently his dad was his biggest concern because Mr. Kim was known to be picky on somethings. If Myung Soo was wary of his dad Sung Jong thought about his mom. Although he knows Mrs. Kim is a sweet caring mother Sung Jong knows that Mrs. Kim is the one that keeps the family together which is why the Kim family practically revolves around her.

Because Sung Jong was thinking about how he should act towards his boyfriend's mother so much that he didn't notice that they were already in the kitchen already. He only noticed when the aroma of Mrs. Kim's cooking went up to his nose snapping him out of his trance.

"This is Sung Jong mom." Myung Soo announced as he pushed Sung Jong a bit forward.

"Annyeong." Sung Jong said as he bowed 90 degrees to hide his nervous face. He then remebered about the cake he bought for today. "I... uh... made cake for you."

“Well isn’t that sweet of you dear.” Mrs. Kim said with a warm smile. “You could stop bowing now Sung Jong.”

Sung Jong then stood up straight embarrassed by his own actions. He must look like an idiot right now because of his red face, but Mrs. Kim thought otherwise.

“Aigoo.” exclaimed Myung Soo’s mom. “You’re such an adorable polite boy.”  she then took the cake from Sung Jong’s hands then opened it to reveal a simple but beautifully decorated chocolate cake. “You made this Sung Jongie?” the lad then nodded shyly. “You’re such a talented boy, no wonder Myung Soo likes you so much. Why don’t you help me in the kitchen dear.”

“I would like that.” Sung Jong smiled.

“Now Myung Soo,” started Mrs. Kim with a smile addressing her son when Sung Jong was out of ear shot. “Go and wait for dinner with your dad and brother while I get to know your wife.”

It was now Myung Soo’s turn to get red. Why did his family have to tell Sung Jong about this thing? First his brother revealed that Sung Jong would be his first lover that he brought over to meet his family, then his dad acted like they were asking for his consent to be married while his mom is acting and talking like they were married already. Don’t get him wrong, he was really glad that his family accepted Sung Jong so warmly but he’d never thought that they’d show their acceptance in the most embarrassing ways.

But they did get Myung Soo thinking, the name ‘Kim Sung Jong’ did sound nice. He smiled at himself as he thought about this earning him a weird stare from his younger brother who just joined their father in watching the TV.

“Gross,” Moon Soo said with a disgusted face. “Hyung’s smiling like a erted weirdo.”

His father laughed at his brother’s statement and didn’t even bother to scold Myung Soo as he kicked Moon Soo of his chair.

“I remember having that exact face when I introduced your mother to my parents.” laughed Mr. Kim.

 

Mrs. Kim smiled at her boys’ antics as she watched them fool around from the kitchen. She especially noticed the bright smile on Myung Soo’s face, she then looked at the feminine boy chopping carrots beside her which was also the cause of her eldest’s son’s bright smile. Sung Jong emitted this warm friendly feeling making Mrs. Kim like him instantly, she immediately deemed Sung Jong perfect for her Myung Soo the second she laid her eyes on him.

“Am I doing this right Mrs. Kim?” asked Sung Jong.

“You’re doing it perfectly dear.” Mrs. Kim said. “And don’t call me Mrs. Kim Sung Jongie, you’re practically family so call me umma instead, arasso?”

Sung Jong blushed at what Mrs. Kim said but nonetheless obeyed the loving mother. “Arasso… umma.”

“Aigoo! You’re absolutely adorable Jongie.” cooed Mrs. Kim.

When they finished preparing dinner the two of them cleaned the pots and pans then set the dining table for five. But before Mrs. Kim called the rest of the family she first turned to Sung Jong with a warm smile.

“Thank you Sung Jong.” said Mrs. Kim.

“Don’t worry about it umma.” smiled Sung Jong, he has gotten used to calling her umma since she practically reminded him of his own loving mother. “I like cooking with you.”

“I’m not just thanking you about that,” Mrs. Kim said. “You see, Myung Soo was always a quiet child, he would always keep what he was feeling inside. I think the reason for it is because he feels like he has to be strong since he's the eldest, but ever since you came along I get to see a more open and talkative Myung Soo and I’m sure the reason he smiles more is because of you.”

“I didn’t really do anything.” Sung Jong said sheepishly. He didn’t think he deserved any of the praise he was given right now.

“But you did do something Jongie.” smiled Mrs. Kim. “You’ve done so much for Myung Soo, but if you would let me, I would like to ask one more thing from you.”

“What is it umma?”

“Please stay with him Sung Jongie.” Mrs. Kim said as she held Sung Jong’s delicate hands. “Don’t leave his side. Remember, I’m always here for the two of you if you ever get into problems.”

“Thank you,” Sung Jong replied with a warm smile. “And I promise I won’t leave him. I don’t think I can.”

“I’m sure he won’t leave you either, now let’s go and call them for dinner. They must be starving by now.”

 

As soon as the boys of the Kim family entered the dining room they were greeted by a huge feast on the table. Mr. Kim took his seat at the end of the table Mrs. Kim sat et one side and then Moon Soo sat beside his mother making the two lovers sit happily beside each other.

"Wow." cried Moon Soo. "You cooked up a feast umma."

"Sung Jongie cooked most of the food." Mrs. Kim said proudly. "He's very handy in the kitchen."

"Then you should come by more often Sung Jong." Mr. Kim added as he started eating.

"I didn't really do much," Sung Jong said sheepishly. "I just followed umma's instructions."

With Sung Jong's last words the table suddenly grew silent except for Mrs. Kim and Sung Jong who didn't seem to be shocked by what the boy just said. When Myung Soo noticed that his mother didn't seem as shocked as them he then turned to the young lad beside him.

"Since when did you start calling my mom umma Jongie?" Myung Soo asked clearly amused.

"Since I told him so." Mrs. Kim said. "Is there a problem Myungie?"

"Yeah." Moon Soo added as he swallowed his rice. "Sung Jong-hyung is practcally family anyways."

"I don't have a problem about it." Myung Soo said. "It's actually nice to hear."

"Then how about you start calling me appa Sung Jong." Mr. Kim said with a huge smile.

"Neh, appa." Sung Jong replied with his own smile.

"I feel like I have another son." Mr. Kim said happily.

"It feels like I finally have a daughter." Mrs. Kim contardicted playfully.

"You wouldn't boss me around like Myung Soo-hyung, right Sung Jong-hyung?" Moon Soo added.

"Of course I won't." Sung Jong smiled.

"I am telling you hyung," Moon Soo started as he stared directly at Myung Soo. "If you don't marry him then I will!"

"I'd like to see you try." Myung Soo said as pulled Sung Jong's chair closer to him then hugged his waist possesively.

"Alright you two." interrupted their mom knowing fully well that this is how the two always start their fights. "You're in front of the food that Sung Jong made so eat it and appreciate it."

The two of them then stopped staring at eachother to nod obediently to their mom.

"And Myung Soo," his mom started.

"Hmm?" Myung Soo replied.

"If you don't marry Jongie then I will let Moon Soo marry him." stated Mrs. Kim as a matter of factly making Myung Soo choke a little and Moon Soo laugh. "I will not let someone as great as Jongie be someone else’s son-in-law."

 


 

little extra:

me: I finally did it!! i reached 100 subscribers for this fic!!! *runs around in circles*

Sung Jong: uwah! that's so awesome rainnie! but how'd you get so many subscribers?

me: do you really wanna know Jongie? *evil smile*

Sung Jong: *nods innocently*

me: first we need Myungie out here! *Myung Soo suddenly pops out*

Myung Soo: this better be important rain *suddenly sees Jongie then eyes light up as he made his way over to him*

Sung Jong: hi Myung-hyung =)

me: NOW! I will demonstrate to you how I got many subscribers *drum roll from nowhere* 1! 2! 3! *discreetly pushes Sung Jong towards Myung Soo making him sit at the elder's lap*

Sung Jong: what did you do that for rain! *Sung Jong pouted* I'm so sorry hyung.

Myung Soo: *sees Jongie's adorable pout then turns away to hide his red face* i-it's fine Jongie...

Sung Jong: *eyes suddenly opened wide in shock* hyung! something's sticking to my !!

Myung Soo: *turns even more red* don't-don't mind it

me: *ding! "New Subscriber"* yay!!!! I have a new subscriber!! *does the happy dance*

 


 

I just realized... I have 4 more letters left.... I feel kinda sad right now =(  but at the same time happy cause I get to have wonderful readers like you =)

 

FANGIRLING TIME:

B.A.P [Best and Perfect]!!!!! they finally relesed their debut MV ^^ they're so talented and they are so worth the wait!! watch their "Warrior" MV here <---

PS: Him Chan is mine!!!! his husky voice has completely captivated me ^^ so no stealy!!! XDD

 

B2ST!!!!!! after months of waiting they finally decided to make a comeback!! my ♥Dong Woon♥ is just so handsome in the video =) watch "I Knew It" here <---

 

tommy_lovesyou123: Hae Won is just adorable neh ^^ and so is Sung Jong's pouting face =) but I think hae Won didn't like the reason behind the pouty face...

hyukxin: thank you so much ^^

K-Poop: Hae Won is such a lucky little girl ^^ she has awesome parents and can call Myungie Handsome-oppa and can cheer Sung Jongie up >.< [I'm jealous of my own character XD] and 2Min is <3 ^^

sungkyu: thank you ^^ and it's fine =) at least I know you like it =)

mar1adyve5sa: if I met Infinite then I think i'd be happy enough to die then and there [but i won't! because I will savor every waking moment that I have with them XD]

LeeTacyeon: no. you are not allowed to melt yet XD you can melt when you finish this dictionary ^^ XD

allyteoh77: thank you so much ◕ ◡ ◕

bohaemi: hahaha ^^ thank you (◕‿◕✿)

inspirit_shawol: I didn't make Myungie stay cause I think it'll be sweeter if he makes Sung Jongie smile in subtle ways ^^

EolinDociak: I'd like to update soon... but school's being a hell hole =P

candiiez: thank you so much ^^

InfiniteYunJaeLove: Hae Wonnie is such a cutie neh? ^^ I know what you mean about it being an AU but I don't know if I'll make it into a full chaptered ine because I've already got other stories in my mind and my real life friend just started to ship Myungyeol and now she's asking me to make a oneshot for her XD I'm actually fine if MyungJong did the y moments of YunJae le ert me has been activated XD

KathyXVII: thank you so much (◕‿◕✿)

BrighterthanMushroom: IKR!! knowing that Jongie is prettier than me hurts my pride as a girl [but boosts my pride as an Inspirit!!]