We still care for each other

You Are Unbelievable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a short update ^^ and not proofread, sorry for the mistakes. I will edit it later.

 

 

 

 

"Do you think you can lend me his books?"

"I can, I have it," Sungmin scratching his neck a bit unsure, "but I don't think it's for you to read, Hyukjae... At least not now."

"Why?" Hyukjae frowned. How much of a mystery this Donghae guy is?

"His writing are... Pulling his readers in... Making them feel too wrapped into the world his book let out."

"Isn't that good then?"

"There is a reason why his books got awards but not many people like it despite the good sales," Sungmin sighed tiredly, "or that there are even a group or cult worshipping him."

"Seriously...?" Hyukjae was amused and curious at the new found information, feeling that the Donghae he knew even more like a stranger. "What was the reason?"

"His writing are too dark that it left a stain on you after you read it."

 

 

The moment they reached their room, Donghae immediately fell asleep like a log, soundly and not moving an inch. Kyuhyun had checked on his vital signs again before he left them alone, sending a meaningful sympathetic smile to Hyukjae. So what? They're in Jeju and they're not ing like bunnies? Duh, they've done it three years ago, no big deal. Though he can't deny he missed his husband so much that a single look of Donghae's defenseless state urging him to touch a little. Well, maybe not little.

Sighing, he walked out the room after making sure the room's temperature stay warm, heading to the lobby. The sky already dark but it's still far too early for him to sleep. So he wanted to waste some time in the lobby, reading or maybe something else. Until he saw someone he knew.

"Hey," he greeted the man.

Siwon turned around and smiled, "hey, what are you doing here?"

"Take a breather? Not yet the time for me to sleep."

"Well, too early for that, indeed. But don't you need to stay with him?"

"He's sleeping, he'd have a good sleep without me bothering him."

"Have you ever been a bother to him?" he chuckled, "I meant he was, uh, very attached to you?"

"And you think that would make him forgive every stupidity that I've done? No way, he’s honest, that's it. His fist packed quite a punch," Hyukjae laughed followed with Siwon with wide eyes.

"He punched you?!"

"A lot, jokingly. But he did punched me for real when he thought I'm having an affair."

Siwon laughed louder, "you? Affair?"

"Yeah... Well, I was at fault too," he shrugged. "There was this girl, very pretty and quite popular in the office."

"Who?" Siwon frowned, trying to remember if there's anyone like that in their office.

"What was her name...? Hyo... Something with Hyo..."

"Ah, Hyoyeon?"

"Yes, that's her!"

"Wait, you with her?"

Hyukjae snorted, "hear me out first, will you. So... She was attracted to me and I thought, 'wow, she's barking a wrong tree'. I knew she's interested in me but she never say anything, so I let be. And at that time Donghae was very busy with his work, so am I and we're barely meet even though we live together. We just grow apart, like it was our down line in our relationship. Even when we met or have a chance to be together, it wasn't the same like before, we were already too far in our on problems and life."

"Was it when we got that hit with huge loss and we were forced to cut down the staff?"

"Yeah, it was at that time, but after that. After we managed to get through it and everything starting to slow down that I realized our relationship was breaking apart," he chuckled a bit, sounding sad than amused, then let out a sigh. "How can we're not? We were really tight in money and everything just too tense and stressful. Every time we talked, it was all about money, money for this, money for that. I was easily irritated due to my problems and so was he, it was inevitable for us to fought again and again, in the end we just grew apart."

"Don't you have money from your inheritance?"

"I was a fool Wonnie, it was my pride that stop me to realize how bad it was getting. I was too full of pride to live with my own money, my own hard work. I had it in me to let all of that untouched because I was too full of myself thinking I can make it out myself."

Siwon poked the side of Hyukjae's head, "idiot, no one say it would make a less of you."

"Well yeah, I was an idiot. It just, it was my parents, you know? Was it right to use it for my own failure? It was in my head, I had been thinking like that."

"The company loss wasn't your failure, it just happened, it's business," Siwon scolded.

He shrugged, "well, maybe I just want a reason to run away."

"Are you still running away?"

They stared at each other, eyes gazing deep beyond the emotions lay bare in those orbs. The familiarity they knew.

"No, not anymore, Hyukjae answered with a low yet steady voice.

"Him?" Siwon inquired with a smile although that slight dull pain aching in his heart.

"You too, Siwon, you too brought me back."

"Maybe just a bit of you," he chuckled a bit ashamed, a thin taste of regret still lingers.

"Still you did, Sungmin too," Hyukjae smiled, hands brushing the strands of Siwon's hair.

"Donghae will kill me if he see us like this," Siwon laughed.

Hyukjae laughed louder, slapping the other male's head jokingly, "I wonder why he's being like that to you, I did the same with Sungmin too but he never act so over like he does with you."

"Duh, Hyuk, did you forgot we were together before?" he rolled his eyes.

"Were we? I seem to forgot," he giggled. "There is hardly any hard feelings between us, well I do feel care about you more than I did to Sungmin, but it just it. As you said, after all we were together before, but we're just friend now, can't he understand it?"

"Then what if I said I still have feelings for you?"

"Well, you need to move on Wonnie. I'm ing married and I'm not interested in having an affair," he added with a whisper, "not after getting a taste of Donghae's punch."

Siwon laughed hard and he meant it, "this is what I like about you, you never makes it hard to sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter