Happy

You Are Unbelievable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Hyukjae found out that Donghae’s mood is still low. Even when he made them breakfast and brought it to the bedroom, gently waking the younger up with the loveliest stares he could muster up, still the gloomy air hanging persistently on Donghae. He wanted to ask what is wrong, but he knows it better than anyone he shouldn’t do so when Donghae is behaving like this –and he also suspect the pregnancy mood worsen it-. He should let Donghae be for a while, until comes the right time to ask what could have happened to him.

“Hae baby, do you remember what day today?” Hyukjae whispered to the younger’s ear lovingly.

Donghae didn’t look up from the honey oatmeal Hyukjae made for him and simply shooking his head as his hand spooning the food.

“You have reached the eighth weeks, today is the day for the prenatal care,” Hyukjae smiled gummily radiating happiness.

But the younger’s reaction was quite distracting, he looked shocked and upset to the point the spoon slip out from his hand, fortunately it fall into the bowl without spilling anything.

“…what’s wrong Hae?” Hyukjae asked feeling afraid at the bad reaction, mind drifting into something worst in a split second.

Donghae gulped with wide eyes filled with worry and guilt, and finally answered after a while with a low voice, “it’s nothing…”

“Are you sure?” Hyukjae narrowed his eyes in suspicion, deciding if right now is the time to ask or not.

“Yeah… It’s nothing,” he said with an obviously forced smile.

“Okay then,” Hyukjae recognized that smile and so he chose not to press the problem further, “I’ll call the hospital to tell them we’re coming.”

“Let me do that…”

An eyebrow shot up on Hyukjae’s face, because it’s a rare occasion for Donghae to do so as he was the one mostly maintaining the younger’s pregnancy. But Hyukjae will let the younger do what he want although he’s suspicious that there must be something behind it, and worried as he’s reminded that yesterday Donghae told him he was spotting.

Did something bad happen to the baby? Is that why Donghae was so upset? Is that why he’s reluctant to tell me because I’m the one who expect the most from this pregnancy?

Hyukjae’s worry, fear and uneasiness must have been showed plainly because he was brought to reality by a gentle touch on his hand and an assuring smile painted on Donghae’s face.

“Hyuk it was nothing, really. I’m okay… come here,” Donghae tucked on Hyukjae’s chin playfully yet his eyes glowing in endearment, leaning in slowly to kiss the worry away from the older, “I love you.”

The turmoil in Hyukjae’s heart then cease as he understood why Donghae said the word ‘love’ at that exact moment. It had meant that Donghae will tell him if anything bad happen to him because he love him and he will not leave him in the dark for something serious like that. Sometimes it’s a wonder even to themselves of how they managed to understood each other without the need of words. Maybe their bond is just that strong,

“Okay… Let’s eat first before it then,” Hyukjae muttered through his gleeful smile.

Donghae jutting out his lips as he frowned, “Uh… I’ll eat it later, can you… bring it back to the dining room, please? I will, uh… I will call the hospital first.”

“Why?” even though he knew he shouldn’t worry, he can’t help feeling so.

“I just want to do that. Come one don’t give me that look, it’s nothing, trust me,” Donghae grinned while patting on Hyukjae’s cheek gently to stated that everything is okay and he shouldn’t keep himself worrying like that.

Hyukjae finally nodded his head, bringing their breakfast out from the bedroom and Donghae sighed in relieved because finally he’s alone to do what he had intended to do. He picked his phone, clicking on the contact icon and strolling pass the hospital number and instead stopping at a private number of a certain doctor. He sighed once again as the terrible feeling from yesterday is coming back, for him to act so childish and unreasonable. It just a simple matter, but he can’t help feeling so guilty for treating Kyuhyun that way.

Maybe it’s because Kyuhyun is still very much a stranger and not his close friend despite he feels comfortable with the said male, being that impolite to a new nice friend –not to mention the one helping him to maintain his health in the pregnancy- is very, very not a good thing to do. Or maybe his guiltiness is due to his raging hormones. Anyways, he’s feeling guilty to the end of the world, period.

He pressed dial and heaving out a deep breath as if he’s wanting for a dead conviction.

“Hello~ Dr. Cho here,” the voice heard after the fourth ring.

“Uh, morning, this is Donghae…?”

“I know, your name showed up on my phone,” the man chuckled in a fresh tone, clearly he had woken up far long before from the call despite it still early in the morning.

“Oh, right…” Donghae nervously biting his lip as an awkward atmosphere fall on the conversation.

“Did something happen?”

“No, uh… it just… I want to say sorry.”

A silence for a few seconds, “sorry for what?” Kyuhyun asked with a genuine confused tone.

“For yesterday… I have… I mean I’m being rude to you when you’re only talking to me with good intention,” Donghae explained giddily, hand scratching his thigh while his feet tapping on the floor.

Another silence fell in the conversation. “Oh is that so…? I didn’t even realize it.”

“But- But I cut you off when you’re giving me advices, I left you just like that,” Donghae shocked by the nonchalant attitude.

“Well, I’m used to handle woman high in hormones, so… That’s probably it,” the man chuckled in a smug tone.

“Are you saying I am a women in a high hormones?!” Donghae raised his voice unconsciously as anger suddenly rouse up within him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” an amused laugh heard so annoyingly in Donghae’s ear, “I though you’re apologizing to me?”

“ that, not anymore,” Donghae hissed impatiently.

“Calm your wrath, it’s not good for your baby,” giggles filling the phone to Donghae’s hot ear from the rising anger, “what happened yesterday though? The usual bad mood or did I do something wrong?”

Now that dreaded question had brought Donghae to his knees –mentally-, shame and embarrassment knocking out his anger with no trace. He won’t answer it, but Kyuhyun is as sly as any fox.

In the end Donghae was punished for his bad behavior yesterday with more shame as Kyuhyun laughing his off the moment he’s succeed at forcefully making Donghae spill the bean.

“Jealous of me?! Are you serious?” the man laughed to no end, “Fine, I’ll not seduce your husband anymore, hihihihihi.”

How many times has Donghae thought he wants to kill the man?

 

--

 

So Hyukjae noticed how the heavy aura had mostly lifted from Donghae when he saw the younger walking out f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter