twenty-two

Hidden Princess (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"What do you want?" Krystal questioned as coldly as she could. "I don't have time to play with you"

 

Myungsoo just sighed in response. It shattered his heart every time she gave him this treatment.

 

-----

After the encounter with Krystal and Kai, Myungsoo was sure he still had feelings for Krystal. The immense jealousy that was burning within him could not be subdued, and the heartbreak that deepened every time she was absent from his life grew further. He missed her, he knows he did wrong, he knows he was stupid, but now he wants to fix things, to prove that he's changed.

 

"Who let who go?"

 

Those words haunted his sleep every day. He was in deep reflection - but really, who let who go?

 

He knew he was wrong, but he still couldn't get over the hurt knowing that Krystal was hiding things during their relationship.

 

Myungsoo suffered a lot when she transferred Universities, in the midst of his plans of getting her back. He went into a slump and was only able to get out of it after his friends reprimanded him.

 

Constantly, he wondered if it was only right to let her go.

 

'Maybe she would be happier that way'.. Was the mentality that was torturing him daily

 

Then her revelation was publicised, and everything seemed to answer itself. So that was why. So it was only him being a stupid untrusting fool. The regret scarred him even deeper, and he finally decided to act on it. This was his last push of determination.

 

Myungsoo decided to transfer to Krystal's school to win her heart back, and his friends followed in suite defeated, not wanting him to face it alone.

 

This time, he was going to try to fix things - and even if he couldn't get her back, he could still watch her and protect her from afar.

 

-----

"Soojung I-.."

"It's Krystal" she interrupted

The name felt so distant.

"I know I was stupid for not understanding you, for being a stupid jerk. I know that you deserve so much better…But-"

He paused and took in a deep breath

"But can't we make things work again?" Myungsoo asked with eyes full of sincerity.

Krystal didn't respond. She only watched his face.

"I promise to fix things" "I will change, Sooj-, I mean Krystal-ah"

 

She scoffed, anger and sadness filled her eyes.

 

"What don't you understand, Myungsoo?"

"If you know I deserve better, what makes you think I'll go back to you? Someone who cheated on me?!" She shouted as her tears started to fall

"If you knew I deserved better, why?!"

"I loved you and I gave everything to you! Not once was I insincere and not once did I have a change of heart! But you-" She screamed as she started to choke up

"You broke me. You broke my trust, my heart, my confidence. You broke my ability to believe in people. You brought me in while I was vulnerable, healed me, and then broke me 10 times more! Do you think I'd be stupid enough to re-run everything again?!"

 

She laughed bitterly, looking crazy. Everything she held in was finally pouring out.

 

"Kim Myungsoo. Do you know how long it took for me to finally get over you? Why are you doing this to me again?" She said as her voice cracked. She was, and looked extremely vulnerable.. The last of her barriers finally broke down.

 

Myungsoo was speechless, his eyes were also brimmed with tears. Seeing her in this state he couldn’t hold back anymore and embraced her in a hug as she resisted profusely.

 

Krystal punched him continuously as he hugged her, not wanting to let go.

"You stupid jerk!" She shouted

"I hate you I hate you!"

"I hate you for making her feel this way!"

Hearing this he hugged her tighter as she finally stopped resisting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter