twenty-one

Hidden Princess (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, Krystal was allowed to attend school.

 

After about two weeks, the buzz had finally died down and the people have finally processed the revelation of the almighty mysterious Jung princess. The general public's response was very positive, and you could be assured that everyone had grown to adore her. She still remains as the most searched in the country and her past pictures are being revealed daily. She now holds goddess status with her sister, and they've adapted the "Jungsis" brand.

 

Being more cautious than ever, her father decided to personally send her to school with cars full of bodyguards behind him. Although the situation has calmed a lot from before, it was still chaotic. Journalists were still camping outside eager to capture more pictures of her for the public, and what's certain is that Krystal may have gained a few obsessed fans.

 

"Appa.. I don’t think we really need to do all this!" She whined. Krystal found the pre-cautionary measures too extravagant and unnecessary, but her father insisted. Her safety was always first.

After going past the crowds of onlookers, they quickly arrived at Seoul University attractiing the attentions of everyone present with their flashy entrance. There were already journalists in front of her school gates and fans with placards waiting to cheer her on for her first day at school as Krystal Jung. She even has fansites now, exactly like a celebrity.

 

Krystal quickly stepped out of her car, waving her dad off with the intention of not attracting too much attention at the scene - but to her surprise her dad stepped out with her along with the several bodyguards that came with them.

 

"Appa, what are you doing" She half shouted with confusion apparent on her face.

"I need to have a quick talk with your principal" He smiled.

Before she could begin to protest he walked off ahead of her, with their body guards surrounding the perimeter.

She could only sigh and follow in defeat.

Before even entering her eyes were starting to tear, not being used to having so many cameras pointing and flashing at her. She waved to a few enthusiastic fans before entering as they scream and shouted for her attention.

 

Her father waved her off with a smile after he was sure she entered safely, and quickly disappeared with his body guards as he made his way to the principal's office.

 

Letting out the breath she held in the whole time, she could finally take a minute to breathe. She was sure she felt a bit claustrophobic from everyone surrounding her outside, watching her every move. Before she could completely calm down from the earlier fiasco, she noticed it was now her school acquaintances  who were giving her odd looks. By this time, she was already used to their stares so she continued to walk to her homeroom unaffected.

 

As she entered the room everyone stopped their activities and quieted down. They all stood up and bowed to Krystal before sitting in silence. Krystal shot them a confused look before directing her stares to Sulli and Amber, who just shrugged in response like they always do.

"Everyone's so weird" Krystal whispered

"It's not hard to figure why our princess-nim" Sulli teased

"Everyone's just too overwhelmed in your presence" Amber laughed

Krystal rolled her eyes and decided to do something about it. Even before everyone admired her and was intimidated by her, sure. But this was just plain awkward.

She stood up from her seat which made everyone jump, following her with their eyes. She made her way to the teachers desk again - which felt nostalgic, and was about to start talking before the teacher stepped in. Instead of starting, the teacher stepped aside after bowing, insisting Krystal go on with her business. She sighed but continued anyway.

 

"First of all, yes, I am Krystal Jung." She started, seeing that some people still looked like they were in disbelief.

"But before I am Krystal Jung, I am the Jung Soojung you all knew me as of a few weeks ago."

"Even before, I know you all were slightly intimidated by me, which was fine. But let's not be so weird and uncomfortable about it, okay? I'm not the president so you don't need to bow to me" She said monotonously, irritated.

"You all don't need to act like I'm some princess who needs silence once she steps into the room, so let's act in moderation now shall we?"

As if everyone ignored her words, they nodded enthusiastically whilst clapping, which she sighed to.

 

After snapping out of her daze, the teacher finally got up and started to speak.

"Thankyou for your talk Soo-.., Ah, I mean Krystal-ssi"

Krystal slumped her shoulders and gave up at this notion. They can do whatever they want then.

"Let's mark the roll now!" The teacher then cheered enthusiastically

After everyone's names were called, everyone hesitantly started to whisper amongst their friends again, conscious of Krystal who was seated behind them.

 

As Krystal was catching up on what she missed out on with Sulli and Amber, the girls in the classes voices started to louden, with occasional squeals here and there. Looking up the trio noticed Kai & Sehun made an abrupt visit. - The homeroom teacher was used to this and didn't even bother to comment.

 

"Finally I can see your pretty face at school!!" Kai cheered, lifting Krystal up from her seat as he swung her around in bliss

"Get off me Kim Jongin!" Krystal warned as she struggled out of his tight embrace

"Did you hear that Boa saesangnim?! She called me Jongin!" He boasted proudly

Sehun rolled his eyes and also opened his arms, expecting a hug too. Krystal gave him a cold glare and in return he pouted with his puppy eyes. The witnesses were surprised at his hidden aegyo.

She sighed and ended up entering his arms anyway, giving in to how cute he looked.

Sehun stuck out his tongue to tease K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter