eleven

Hidden Princess (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'The weekends. My favourite time of the week!' Krystal smiled
"Poor me, school hasn't been smooth sailing at all.. Look at these eyebags! I'm so tireddd" She whined as she looked into the mirror 

 

She had no errands to run today, a complete full day to herself. Krystal loved spending time alone, it was relaxing, it was detoxing, and it gave her time to think.

 

Krystal decided to bake cupcakes today, it was one of her favourite desserts and she loved baking. She had no ingredients, so decided to go pick up some ingredients at her local grocery store. Changmin offered her a ride, but she decided against it. She wanted to be completely alone today at her apartment. 

 

Entering the grocery store Krystal successfully picked up her ingredients, but as she walked to the fruit section to pick up some berries, she recognised a familiar backside

 

'It can't be…' She thought, until she caught a glimpse of his side profile. This made her freeze and drop her basket since she was in a state of panic. 

 

The commotion made everyone turn around, including him. Krystal ran for it, she tried to leave the store as fast as she could..

'Why do you have to show up now?' She said as she was choking up, wanting to cry

Krystal picked up her speed and continued running straight with her head down, not wanting people to see her face, not wanting to look at people.

Before she could continue to run home she bumped into someone's hard chest, causing her to fall from the impact. 

 

"Ya! Why are you running so fast for?" She heard the familiar voice, Krystal looked up and Kai was staring her confusion in his eyes. 

She quickly wiped away her tears and straightened herself, not wanting him to notice. Kai, of course, already could tell she was crying. He didn't want to question her though, knowing better than to do that. 

"So.. Since we've met and all, want to go for some icecream?" He initiated, wanting to cheer her up. 

She appreciated the thought, but before she could reply the person she was running away from caught up to her.

 

"Soojung-ah…" Myungsoo hesitantly called when he saw her figure, completely ignoring Kai's presence

 

"Go away!" Krystal shouted

Kai was puzzled with the situation

'Who is he?' 'Why is she so affected?' he asked himself

 

"Can't we talk?! I've been going crazy looking for you, how could you just leave me like that?" Myungsoo shouted pathetically

Krystal scoffed.

"We broke up. Why do I need to stay? Leave me alone" She replied coldly, wanting to mask her nervousness. Opposite from that, her mind was going crazy. 

 

Kai sensed the situation although unsure, and pushed Krystal behind his back

"Didn't you hear the princess? Leave"

 

Myungsoo balled up his fists realising some guy was calling her princess

"Who are you?" he asked in an aggravated tone

"Her soon-to-be boyfriend" Kai replied nonchalantly, causing the other two to open their eyes in shock

Krystal then nudged him which made him let out a small laugh

"I said soon to be!" Kai pouted cutely

"In your dreams mr. playboy" Krystal retorted

 

Myungsoo witnessed the interaction, making him feel useless and left out.

 

"So you're really done with me?" He asked Krystal with watery eyes

"You're asking me this? You should've known when you cheated" She replied, annoyed.

How dare he have the audacity to ask me such things after everything that's happened?

"You never gave me the chance to explain, I still love you Soojung-ah! How could you let us go so easily?"

"Who let who go?" Krystal began to waver, her voice was shaking and tears finally came out. She looked so vulnerable, like she was going to break down any minute.

 

Kai was bewildered at the situation but his instincts told him to get her out of there. He held her hands and pulled her away from the situation while Myungsoo stood there zoned out at her words. Myungsoo didn't chase after her because she was right, he had no rights to ask her for anything, yet.

 

Kai took her up to a mountain top that overlooked the city, to his secret hideout. Krystal stopped crying and was quiet the whole walk.

"I'll let you borrow my shoulder, don’t hold it in" he said softly, moving over closer to her as he offered her his support. 

She looked up to him hesitantly before leaning in, giving him a small hug

"Thankyou" She said, before she started to cry, breaking the act she held all that time. 

Kai was frozen, he didn't know what else to do. He never consoled a girl before, so he just patted her back, her hair. That's what they do in movies, right?

Krystal finally stopped crying after half an hour of feeling pathetic. 

"Ah! I feel so much better!" She tried to smile brightly

"You don’t need to act like someone else around me" Kai said, know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter