sixteen

Hidden Princess (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal POV

I wonder how everyone will react knowing the great Krystal Jung is just.… me. Will everyone be disappointed?

 

Excitement, pressure, worry, relief? My feelings right now are mixed and muddled, and I don't know what to make of it.

 

I wonder how life will be after this… will everything be the same? Would people hate me for not being good enough? Would my friends hate me for lying? Will life become a chaotic mess?

 

I'm confident. I know I'm good enough. But my last minute nervousness is making me think otherwise.

 

Afterall, I am Krystal Jung. I am the second daughter of Jihoon Jung and Nayeon Jung. I am the sister of Jessica Jung. I am the heiress of JungCorp. And I am part of the royal family. I am the best. Krystal Jung is the best.

 

Ha.

 

What an idiot you are Krystal Jung. What an arrogant idiot you are. This prep talk isn't helping at all.

 

Sitting in the dressing room absorbing all my thoughts, the people around me are running frantically getting ready for the event. Everyone seems to be stressing out, and it's not helping me with my own stress.

The stylists and makeup artists are working their magic on me as they dye my hair into a nice shade of brown, curling it into little wavy locks. Natural makeup is being applied as my innocence seems to be the theme of the day. My cold image is to be masked for now, but that probably won't last long.  

 

I slipped into the dress that was custom made especially for me. I don't know why a little thing like this is so expensive, but I guess money is something we've got to spare. The dress is simple and elegant, something that executes the theme perfectly - innocence. A nice long white gown with simple details.

 

 

 

 

-----

"Wow… Soojung-ah, you're beautiful!" Jessica squeals as she steps into the dressing room, dolled up herself

"Not as pretty as you, unnie!"

"Cheer up a little! What happened to our confident ice princess?!"

"I'm just a bit nervous… I don’t know" Krystal says with her head down

"Trust me, everyone will love you as much as we do" Jessica says as she pats Krystal reassuringly

"I'm just scared of everything changing. I'm both excited and scared at the same time"

"Everything will be okay soojung-ah" Jessica smiles with a glint of sadness in her eyes

 

Krystal looked at Jessica sympathetically and gave her a warm hug. Jessica's always been behind Krystal's back, protecting her from all harm. She was always putting her dongsaeng before herself, and was willing to do anything for her. Krystal was lucky to have someone so selfless and loving.

 

"Thank you, Unnie" Krystal said sincerely as they were embracing each other

"There's no need to thank me, jung-ah. Umma, Appa and Unnie are always here for you, you will make us proud as a jung, right?"

"Of course! I'm Krystal Jung!" She joked, comforting her sister

 

"Krystal-ah, Jessica-ah" Mrs Jung says softly as she begins to tear

 

Krystal and Jessica turn back to see their mother crying, shocked. They quickly walk over to her and Krystal wipes away her tears

 

"I can't believe it's been 18 years already" Mrs Jung sighs

"Time has passed quickly hasn't it? Our little girl is already growing up so quickly" Her husband replies

"I won't let you all down" Krystal smiles assuringly, while Jessica begins to break out in tears

"My little sister is no longer the little girl I need to cheer up with ice cream" Jessica wails

"Aish unnie stop it that's a long time ago!" Krystal puffs, as the family laughs together.

 

-----

Krystal's event was held in the evening at the KJ hotel, one of the biggest hotels in Korea. The venue was extremely extravagant and it was quite formal. The hotel was decorated full of peonies, Krystal's favourite. Because a lot of important people attended the event, there was top notch security. Getting an invitation was extremely difficult and only the CEO's of selected journalist firms were allowed to enter for news and photo taking.

 

By 5pm, everyone was present. Guests were allocated their own tables but were around the venue to socialise and create connections. It was a great opportunity for business men, having all the top people gathered in one place.

 

After confirming the presence of all the VIP guests, the event started. The MC started walking up the stage and began to present.

 

"Ladies and Gentleman! Thankyou all for taking out some of your precious times to be here at this very special event. Today is an important day for our celebrity family, the Jungs. Their maknae, Krystal Jung, will finally make her first public appearance after 18 years of being known as the Jung princess.. Everyone is curious, right? Please take a seat at your allocated desks before we begin"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter