Acceptance

Kingdom Hearts: Hansoo

I've been having these weird thoughts lately...like is any of this for real or not? 

Luhan woke up in the middle of the night, struggling to gain any sleep since that day. It had only been a few days since he found out about Kingdom Hearts. He kept having strange dreams about fighting a strange beast, a beast that he couldn't defeat. The dream ended the same every time. Luhan would be swallowed into the darkness and become a heartless. He wanted to believe this all was just a nightmare, a figment of his imagination playing mind games. But he was reminded every time heartless appeared, along with his new comrades Baekhyun and Sehun. The more Luhan learned, the more he tried to draw himself in denial. It was hard for him to accept his 'destiny' when he had no idea what he was doing. How could a kid like him be the one to take on this task at hand? Especially with no prior experience.

Luhan was sleeping next to Kyungsoo, whom he had accidentally woken up when he shifted his body upright. "Lu?" Kyungsoo said rubbing his eyes. "I'm alright, go back to sleep," he replied. Kyungsoo always spent the night with Luhan because both of his parents were killed in a tragic disaster. When Kyungsoo was thirteen, he was away at a camp when a violent tornado ripped away his home, along with his parents' lives. He had no siblings and no other family members nearby. He had no one, except Luhan who always cared for him and protected him, making sure to keep a smile on his face and making sure he was never alone.

"This is the fourth night in a row that you've had a bad dream. Are you sure you're okay?" Kyungsoo asked with concern over-powering his voice.

"Don't worry, I promise I'm fine," Luhan smiled and ruffled Kyungsoo's hair. Kyungsoo snuggled closer to Luhan, wrapping his arms around Luhan's.

"Good. I don't like seeing you upset."

Luhan's heart accelerated as his dongsaeng pressed his head close to his chest. He was almost certain that Kyungsoo could feel his heart beating fast.

"Hey, why's your heart beating so fast," Kyungsoo said lifting his head to look Luhan in his eyes. Those big, puppy dog eyes that Luhan loved so much.

"It's because I love you."

"What?"

What...crap that thought was supposed to stay in my head. "Get some sleep, I don't want you to be tired in the morning," Luhan said quickly changing the subject. Kyungsoo smiled and reached up to kiss his cheek. Luhan blushed a bright crimson red. "W-what was that for?"

Kyungsoo, reluctant to answer just smiled and layed back down. "Goodnight," he said.

"Goodnight."

 

 

~Two Days Earlier~

"Fire!" Baekhyun called out his spell to burn a numerous amount of heartless. "Yeah! That's right! Get lost! No time for loooooseeerrrrs!" 

"Baekhyun! Quit boasting! I'm sending more your way!" Sehun shouted as he performed his spin attack, knocking heartless into various directions. Baekhyun zapped the ones that hurdled his way. "Luhan! Knock out the rest!" Luhan nodded and aimed his keyblade towards the heartless, beginning to strike. One, two, three...good now where's the... Two heartless appeared behind him, knocking him off his balance. "Agh!" he cried as he fell to his knees. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and zapped the final two with his thunder attack. Sehun hurried over to help Luhan up.

"Thanks guys," he said.

"What the heck was that!? How do you expect to become a master when you swing that thing around like a barbarian?? It ain't a toy!" yelled Baekhyun.

"Sorry...I.."

"Calm down Baek! He's still new to this," Sehun defended.

"Wielding the keyblade isn't all about strength Mr. 'Macho'"

"This is why I shouldn't be doing this! I don't know what the heck I'm doing okay!?!? I'm not a hero!"

Baekhyun sighed. "Okay, we can help you. Since you have no fighting experience---which won't do us any good against Oraginzation Xlll---we need to get you helpers," he said.

"Good idea! If we travel to other worlds, Luhan can receive power from warriors!" said Sehun.

"Wait, hold up, other worlds? I thought you said this was just in Korea only?"

"Well..when we went back to King Suho, he told us that the invasions continue to spread..everywhere. Our mission will be longer than we anticipated, Luhan," said Baekhyun. 

"Why is it that you guys tell me something different every time I talk to you!? And what is Organization Xlll?"

"Oh yeah that's right, you don't know. They're an elite group of beings called 'nobodies' meaning they have no hearts. They're really dangerous, not only because T.O.P is their enforcer, but each one of them possesses a set of skills relevant for combat and also magic powers, just like Baekhyun, only more powerful," Sehun explained.

"They're also ranked from weakest to strongest, and yes, there are thirteen of them. Let's hope they don't get in our way."

"I dunno Baek, if T.O.P feels threatened, he might send the whole gang," said Sehun.

"I can't do this...it's just too much.." Baekhyun slapped Luhan.

"Stop being a baby! We already told you, your destiny can't be helped! You have stop having doubts and trust yourself more! If a whiney baby like you is the wielder of the keyblade then it'll get you nowhere. Your skills are as good as your attitude. If you didn't have it in you to be a master then we wouldn't be talking to you right now! Be a man and step up to save your world! You're the only one who can do this! Do you understand???" Baekhyun said grabbing him by the shoulders and shaking him.

"I'm sorry..I guess I'm just a little..scared. What if I fail?" Baekhyun slapped him again.

"There's no time to even think like that!"

"Baek quit slappin' the boy!"

"Sorry I got kinda carried away."

"I see..alright. I'll try harder. I want to become strong," Luhan said with a sparkle of determination in his eyes.

"Good! Then put some stank on it mama and show us you've got what it takes to be a master!!!" yelled Baekhyun.

"How exactly can I do that though?"

Baekhun smirked. "The more you fight, the more skill you obtain. It's in your genes, don't forget that."

 

 

 

Luhan knew he was running out of time in Seoul. He knew he would have to leave Kyungsoo behind, which would be the hardest part of this mission in his eyes. Luhan and Kyungsoo were inseparable. He had no idea what he would tell him and things were getting difficult when Luhan would go off to fight heartless leaving Kyungsoo to wonder where he had gone and why he wouldn't tell him. As each day passed, Kyungsoo noticed a change in Luhan's behavior which made his suspicions grow faster. 

"I have to go," Luhan said quickly as he stood up right in the middle of their movie night.

"What? Again? Why? It's our movie night," Kyungsoo said frowning.

"There's just something I need to do," Luhan said as he tried to hide the vibrating pager that Baekhyun had given him to notify him of heartless appearances. Which they seemed to have appeared periodically throughout the days.

Kyungsoo stood. "Luhan please...tell me what's going on? Are you hiding something from me?" Kyungsoo stared directly into Luhan's eyes. Can't...resist...puppy eyes...

Luhan looked away and turned his back, heading for the door. "Just wait for me okay? I'll be back soon, I promise." Before Luhan could exit, Kyungsoo grabbed his arm.

"Luhan...please don't go...I don't want...to be left alone again. I just want to be with you.." It was that moment that Luhan couldn't resist anymore. He placed both of his hands on Kyungsoo's cheeks and kissed his lips deeply. Both of them blushing immensely. Kyungsoo kissed back, turning his head slightly to the side to deepen the kiss. Luhan pulled Kyungsoo closer by grabbing his waste with both hands. Luhan pulled away slowly, hands still placed upon the younger's cheeks, rubbing them gently. He reached in for another kiss, shorter this time.

"I'll be back soon, I promise," he repeated. "Just think about that until I get back," Luhan gently brushed his thumb against Kyungsoo's bottom lip, then hurried out of the door. Kyungsoo stood there frozen, mouth slightly open, blushing to the extreme. He gently touched his lips, then slowly began to smile shyly.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

A/N: Thank you guys for subscribing!! ^^ I will most likely be updating several times a week because I have a lot of free time! The next chapter T.O.P will be introduced!