Falling for you

Falling for you

Tell him or we're done. Tell him or we're done. Tell him or we're done. Tell him or we're done. Those five words kept running through my mind over and over again, haunting me. It was the day of my "date" and so far all I had done was lay in bed and stare at the ceiling, cursing myself for being such an idiot. It was unfair to make me choose between my dad and my boyfriend. I didn't want to hurt either of them. I groaned in frustration, pulling at my blonde hair. I had dyed it because Baekhyun told me it would look good platinum blonde, he didn't stop staring at me for a week afterwards. It was cute and whenever I caught him staring he would blush bright red and deny ever glancing in my direction. But I knew how much he liked it really. I sighed for the millionth time that morning and finally dragged myself out of bed.

Once I deemed myself appropriate for facing the world I headed out, to the cafe. As much as I didn't want to go, my dad would be so mad if I didn't. When I got there I sat at a table near the back, hoping that maybe the girl wouldn't see me and she would leave. But as luck would have it, not five minutes after I entered the cafe a young, pretty brunette girl entered and slowly approached me.
"Are you Chanyeol?" She asked. I nodded, gesturing for her to sit down. She smiled as she took her seat, she was very pretty but she wasn't Baekhyun.
"I'm Dara, it's nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you." She told me.
"Really? I've not heard much about you at all." I stated as the waiter approached us and took our order.
"Well, I guess these dates will be a good way for us to get to know each other." She smiled again. 
"I guess." Was all I said before the waiter came over with our cakes and drinks.
"So, what are your hobbies?" She asked, trying to make conversation. Unfortunately for her, I wasn't very good company at the time since the argument with Baekhyun.
"I go to school," with my boyfriend, "play guitar," for my boyfriend, "play video games," with my boyfriend, "I like listening to songs," that my boyfriend sings, "I sometimes play a bit of basketball," also with my boyfriend even though he at it, "that's about it really." I told her.
"Wow, guitar? That's so cool. You should play for me sometime." She giggled, "as for me, I like shopping, music and art." She was smiling again, in a way that made me fear that she might actually like me. I did not want that.
"Sounds cool, but uh, I've got to go." I told her, getting up from my seat. She frowned.
"Okay, sure. But I'll see you again right?" She asked, hopeful.
"Uh...sure." I said and dashed off back home. 

*   *   *

"HE'S WHERE?!" I screeched down the phone.
"Ya! Calm down!" Chen replied on the other end. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down from the news I'd just heard.
"So, you're telling me that he's actually gone on this stupid date with some stupid girl?" I asked with my fists clenched.
"I think so, I mean, he was at the cafe with a girl so..."
"I can't believe him! How could he do this to me?!" I was shouting again but I didn't care anymore.
"Baekhyun, you've got to understand how difficult this must be for him. It's what his dad wants, and you know how much his dad means to him." Chen told me. I sighed, I had felt guilty about the last text I sent him. I thought I might have been to harsh, but I was angry at the time.
"I know, I just...I don't want him dating some girl while he's supposed to be my boyfriend. It feels like he's cheating on me. I wish he would just tell his dad the truth." I admitted to him.
"Just talk to him about it. Arguing will get you nowhere." Chen said.
"Okay, I'll try. I'll talk to you later." 
"Alright, bye!" Chen said before I hung up. I put the phone down and ran my hand through my hair. I knew I had to talk to Chanyeol, but this time I had to make sure to actually listen to him and not cause an argument. I got up, pulled my shoes on and grabbed my jacket before heading out the door.

 

I was passed out on the couch when a knock on the door suddenly woke me up. I groaned before getting up to answer it. I was still in a mood from my argument with Baekhyun and I didn't really want to entertain any company. I was surprised when I opened the door to see my petite boyfriend on the other side.
"Baek..." I breathed.
"Hi, can I uh...can I come in?" He asked shyly.
"Of course." I said, stepping aside to let him in. He walked in with is head down, avoiding my gaze.
"I uh...I'm sorry." He mumbled once I had closed the door. I stared at him, he shouldn't be sorry. It was me that needed to apologise.
"No, I'm sorry. I didn't think about how you would have felt, but I want you to know that I would never hurt you." I told him, lifting his chin so he would look at me.
"But I overreacted. I shouldn't have sent that last text to you, I didn't mean it." He said, eyes locked on mine. I smiled softly at him, my hand caressing his cheek.
"It's okay. I need you to know that...I uh, I went today. I know I shouldn't have but I did. I regret going and she-"
"I already know Chanyeol." He told me and I froze.
"You...but how?" I asked, my hand dropping from his face.
"Chen saw you. He told me. But I'm not mad. Well, not anymore." He explained, reaching for my hand.
"Okay." I said, tangling my fingers with his.
"But, I do still want you to tell your dad." He said, looking at our conjoined hands.
"Baek..." I sighed, "You know what my dads like. I can't-"
"Can't? Or won't?" Baek harshly pulled his hand away from mine, taking a step away from me.
"I-"
"Do you honestly want me to sit back and let you date some other girl while you're supposed to be my boyfriend just because you're too much of a coward to tell your dad that you're gay?!" Baekhyun yelled in anger. I recoiled, stepping backwards. He'd never shouted at me like that before.
"Baekhyun-"
"No. I don't want to hear it." He walked over to the door, "You can call me when you've grown a pair." He said and left me on my own again.

 

~~~

 

Are you frustrated yet? I'm trying to update this as regularly as possible because I really don't like it that much and I want to get it finished, but I'm scared that my writing is going to get sloppy if I rush it too much. I hope you like it anyway, let me know what you think! I'm thinking about a sulay chapter next, tell me if you would like that or if you'd prefer me to just stick to baekyeol. 

~ Cara xoxo