Falling for you

Falling for you

I woke up on Monday morning with butterflies in my tummy. Chanyeol was picking me up and taking me to school in 20 minutes and I wasn't ready for the awkwardness. I got up, got dresses and ready, and I had a quick breakfast just before Chanyeol arrived. He honked his horn from outside and I quickly grabbed my bag and set off. My parents had already left for work so I made sure I locked the door before running over to Chanyeol's car and jumping in the passenger side.
"Hey Baek!" He greeted me cheerfully, which was weird because he's normally a bit more grumpy first thing on a Monday and he complains at me for taking too long.
"Morning Channie." I replied. I glanced at his face and saw him open his mouth as if to say something but then he changed his mind and closed it again. He started the car and drove us to school.

Once we got there we began to walk to class since the bell had just rung as we arrived. We walked in silence to maths and then we took our seats next to each other, staying silent until Luhan came over to us.
"Hey, I haven't spoke to you two since you both ditched my party, what happened?" Luhan asked us. We both looked at each other.
"Nothing. Baek didn't feel well so I took him home." Chanyeol said without taking his eyes off of me.
"Oh, ok." Luhan looked at the two of us, Chanyeol was still staring at me. "Is everything alright with you two?"
"Everything is fine. Why would you ask such a thing?" I responded quickly, not wanting anyone to know how awkward things were.
"Okay, if you say so." Luhan said before walking away.
"I think he's right." Chanyeol said.
"What?" I didn't know what he meant. Right then the teacher walked in.
"We'll talk at lunch, meet me at the tree." He whispered before turning back to the teacher. I tried my best not to stare at Chanyeol throughout the rest of the lesson.

Lunch time came around and I headed to the tree, which was an old hideout of mine and Chanyeol's. It was where we met, our first day of high school and we'd both had a bad morning, I found the tree first and had sat against it crying when Chanyeol found me and he cheered me up. I told him about how the other kids had bullied me about looking like a girl and he told me about his mum passing away a few days before. We had instantly became friends and we had been close ever since. 

I saw Chanyeol leaning against the tree and I took a shaky breath before approaching him.
"Hey." I said. He turned and looked at me, he looked nervous.
"Hi." He replied. I stood a few feet away from him, staring at my feet. We both stood in silence for a few minutes, neither of us looking at the other.
"I uh, I don't want things to be awkward." He said, finally looking at me. "You're my best friend and I know that things have been weird since the party, and I'm sorry. I wanted to talk to you in private because since we kissed I have felt really strange when I'm around you and I think that maybe I might...I might like you." He said quietly. "As in more than a friend."he told me, I finally looked up at him and he was looking at me.
"Y...you l...like me?" I stuttered. He looked at the ground, shuffling his feet.
"Yeah, I mean, I don't know if I'm...if I'm gay, but I do think I like you. I know we're best friends and I'm so scared that I'll ruin everything by telling you this but I was just hoping that maybe...maybe you felt the same?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes.
"Chanyeol," I put my hands on his face. "Do you know how long I've wanted to hear you say that?" I told him and a massive grin appeared on his face, the one that always made my heart speed up.
"So I was right about you checking me out in the changing room!" Way to ruin the moment Park Chanyeol.
"Shut up and kiss me before I hit you for being an idiot." I told him. He laughed and then grabbed my face pressing his lips against mine for the second time in my life. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck enjoying the feel of his lips against mine. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his tongue against my lips asking for entrance. I opened my mouth, letting his tongue explore and dance with my own. It was bliss until we had to pull apart for air, both panting heavily with stupid grins on our faces.
"I guess that makes us boyfriends now then." Chanyeol said with a ridiculously large smile on his face.
"Boyfriends and best friends." I told him, pulling him back down for another kiss.

 

~~~

 

This was originally going to be the end but I changed my mind and instead I will continue this story. I'm going to add in some plot twits and maybe more of the other couples so let me know which couples you'd like me to include. I still think it's too cheesy. But hey, everyone like cheese right? (No, no they don't Cara, some people are actually lactose intolerant) Anyway, let me know what you thought of this chapter and do check out my other baekyeol fanfic too (if you want) it just slightly less then this one. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

~ Cara xoxo