Falling for you

Falling for you

A few hours later I was sat in my room alone! after a fuming Baekhyun refused to listen to my explanation. I thought it was better to let him cool down first, no need to anger the beast any further. I sighed and picked up my phone, sailing Baekhyun's number only to be greeted with his voicemail. Perfect. So I texted him.

To: Baekkie
Baek, can you let me explain?

It didn't take long for a reply, like he had been waiting for me to grovel for his forgiveness.

From: Baekkie
No.

To: Baekkie
Please? You know I love you.

I crossed my fingers as I waited for a reply.

From: Baekkie
.

What the hell? I don't even get a chance to explain?

To: Baekkie
It was my dads idea, idiot, I had no say in the matter. I would never want to date anyone but you because I love you.

Here's hoping that if I use those three special words enough times he might listen to me.

From: Baekkie
You could have said no, jerkface.

I sighed.

To: Baekkie
He wouldn't let me. He hung up on me. He said "that wasn't a request" because he knew I'd say no. I don't want to go but he'll know if I don't.

From: Baekkie
Then why don't you tell him about us?

. No. He's my dad. He'd hate me. He has this whole idea in his head that I'm going to get a girlfriend, get married, have kids, take over the business, just like him. He wants me to be the perfect son, and I don't want to let him down.

To: Baekkie
I can't. Not yet.

I waited two hours for a reply before giving up and texting him again.

To: Baekkie
I'm sorry. I love you.

I flopped onto my bed, face buried in my pillow, feeling sorry for myself. I didn't mean to upset Baekhyun, it's just that my dad means so much to me. Since my mum died I'm all my dad's really got and I want him to be happy and proud of me. He has a thing about gay people, it's because of his own father. He taught him that being gay is wrong and that's why I never told him about Baekhyun's uality and that's why I couldn't tell him about our relationship. I felt torn, one half of me wants to please my dad and make him proud, but the other half just want to be with Baekhyun without anyhting holding us back. 

*   *   *

I stared at the message displayed on my phone.

From: Channie <3
I'm sorry. I love you.

Pffffft. Surely if he loved me he would tell his dad the truth instead of going through with this stupid date. I was mad. So mad. I wanted to claw his eyes out and scream at him for being such a horrible boyfriend. But I didn't, and I couldn't, because I loved him. Damn that moron. I understand that he's scared of what his dad will think, I've been there myself. I had to come out to both of my parents. It wasn't easy, but it was something I knew I had to do.

I walked into the living room, approaching my parents who were sat on the couch watching some drama on the TV.
"Mum, dad. There's something I need to tell you." I said, standing in front of them. My dad turned off the TV.
"What is it sweetie? You know you can tell us anything." My mum smiled at me, reaching out and taking my hand into hers.
"Well, you see, the thing is...I...um, I...I'm...gay." I said in a small voice, staring at my feet. As each second dragged on I felt dread build up in my stomach. Oh god, they hate me. It's okay, if they kick me out Chanyeol said that I could stay with him.
"Oh honey, it's okay." My mum said, brushing away the tears that I hadn't realised had fallen.
"Yeah, we both already knew anyway." My dad told me and my head shot up. My mum elbowed him in the ribs.
"What your father means is that we suspected you might be and we don't mind if you are, we love you just the same." My mum stood up and pulled me into a hug. My dad smiled at me from his seat on the couch and I knew that everything was going to be alright. I was going to be alright.

I smiled at the memory and then looked at my phone again, frowning at it.

To: Channie <3
Tell him or we're done.

 

~~~

 

So many updates. Baekhyun is pissed and Chanyeol knows it. I have too much spare time on my hands, but I'm inspired right now so I just keep writing and I can't stop. But that means multiple uploads so yay! As always, let me know what you think I love receiving feedback, feed me your feedback! I'm thinking of doing a sulay chapter but I'm not sure, would you want that? 

~ Cara xoxo