a reason

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days passed already. Sehun had been fretting too much ever since he encountered Mrs. Xi at the hospital.

Baekhyun might do something bad to Luhan. Baekhyun might hurt Luhan. He might lose Luhan too and then he won't be able to do anything about it because he wasn't allowed to see the petite boy.

Sehun, you're a weakling.

Sehun, you're a coward.

You're stupid.

He locked himself in his room. He would only open the door every time Ms. Oh comes to tell him news about Luhan since she promised the young boy that she would constantly call Mrs. Xi and check on his friend's condition. She would stand by his slightly opened door to inform Sehun that she already called Mrs. Xi and Luhan's condition was getting better. Sehun would only sigh in relief despite the lack of evidence that Luhan was really alright.

Anyway, what else can he do? Luhan's mother clearly confronted him to stay away from her son. Even though leaving Luhan alone like that was scaring him to death, he didn't have any other choice. It was Luhan's mother speaking, and what she told him was inevitable.

Meanwhile, since the police officers failed to find Muyoung's body, the poor boy was declared missing with their other classmates instead. Baekhyun's ghost stopped appearing after the incident. Sehun haven't heard his voice for so long either. That doesn't make Sehun feel any better though. Every day, the empty house across him would always remind him of the day Luhan almost died right in front of him.

He never stepped out of his room unless Ms. Oh wasn't around. He would grab some leftovers from the fridge and fill his empty stomach. After eating, he would go back to his room and sit by the window where he could clearly see the house opposite of his. Just like a little child yearning for a miracle to happen. 

Sehun didn't just sit around or watch his neighbor's house hopelessly.

His messy room with the crumpled papers all over the floor and the little trashcan overflowing with more was a sign that he had been busy with something else other than sulking during his days off school. Evidently, he missed some hours of sleep trying to finish his attempt in drawing manga- or a comic version of Luhan, which wasn't as easy as he once thought.

It was just unusual. Drawing wasn't his hobby or his dream. It wasn't his cup of tea and yet he looked so determined to draw. 

Crazy might be a better word to describe him at that very moment. 

Sehun squeezed the pencil in his hand with his eyes fixed on the blank paper placed neatly above the study table. After a few minutes of brooding, he started sketching again. Sehun focused on drawing until the doorbell interrupted his concentration. For a moment, he thought it would be Luhan outside the door. He thought maybe the petite boy was back from his medication and came to visit him, so the distracted tall male stormed down the stairs. He pulled the door open without even confirming the visitor's identity.

Unfortunately, the hopes that it would be Luhan waiting for him outside died down almost immediately when he saw the face of his visitor.

"Sehun," it was Kyungsoo smiling at him halfheartedly. The brunette noticed Sehun's face changing instantly from excited to an extremely disappointed expression by the time they found each other at the door. "You look disappointed." Kyungsoo blurted out. 

"I'm sorry," Sehun apologized. 

"Let's go back to school, Sehun." The brunette invited.

"W-why would I?" Sehun asked, avoiding the latter's gaze as he shook his head slowly. To him, there was just no point in going back to school; at least not until Luhan is back, he thought.

Kyungsoo laughed quietly and awkwardly. "Why would you? Come on. We've got to prepare something for Luhan before he comes back. We're his friends, right?" Sehun met his desperate gaze. "I was just thinking you might want to join us..."

"No." Sehun said straightforwardly. 

Kyungsoo's awkward smile faded away instantly, his face looked as if someone just died.

"I'm sorry," Sehun lowered his head apologetically. "J-Just please. I want to be alone. Leave me alone, please."

I can't do this without Luhan. I might just shut everyone else out without Luhan by my side. I want to be alone for now. Sehun said on his mind before closing the door and leaving Kyungsoo's mouth agape with incredulity.

The whole day Sehun couldn't stop feeling bad about rejecting Kyungsoo's invitation. He laid down his bed, shifting his body from side to side as he grunted in regret. He stopped moving suddenly when he caught a glimpse of his unfinished drawing on the floor. His heart fluttered when he remembered the actual scene from his drawing.

That moment in the train, where he first met Luhan.

Beautiful blonde locks, beautiful porcelain skin, beautiful hazel eyes, beautiful angelic voice and beautiful shiny lips. Everything was just too beautiful about Luhan.

Just thinking back to those days made him smile.

Now that he thought about it, perhaps he's going to change his mind and go back to school with Kyungsoo.

Luhan gave him a reason to smile. Luhan gave him a reason to draw. Luhan gave him a reason to open up. Luhan promised him a beautiful life with friends. Luhan promised him that he would make him laugh. Luhan believed in him. Luhan made him believe in himself. 

Sehun wouldn't want to disappoint the latter when he comes back, right? 

There were only a few things Sehun promised himself. He would make Luhan smile. He would make his heart flutter with happiness. He would show him the things that he failed to show and say, maybe through his drawing or something. Just to let him know that he's special. That every breathtaking moment he spent with him was precious and those are the moments he would be happy to rewind over and over again without even getting bored.

 

That's it.

That's why. 

 

He found a reason to smile.

Luhan.

He must be crazy, so crazy in love.

 

The following day Sehun unexpectedly went back to school. Ms. Oh nearly fell off her seat when she found her nephew at the door of the classroom. Sehun didn't say a word when he came in. He just normally took his seat at the back.

Ms. Oh continued with her lecture, smiling every time she calls a student's surname to participate and answer questions about her lesson. She was obviously in a good mood because Sehun came to school, but that doesn't change the fact that there were still some students who never stopped talking behind her nephew's back.

Just when the bell rang for dismissal, Ms. Oh made everyone sit back by slamming all her books on the table. She glared at each one of them as she finally spoke, "I do not want to repeat myself again. This is my last warning to everyone. I do not want to hear anyone talking about Sehun and blaming him for what happened to your classmates. Not even about Muyoung being missing or Luhan being at the hospital now. Everything was purely coincidental. If I hear anyone of you talking behind his back, I will not tolerate that anymore. Now get on with your own lives and mind your own businesses. Do we understand each other?"

The guilty students nodded their heads. "Yes ma’am!" They obliged.

"You can now leave," Ms. Oh ordered and picked up all her belongings before leaving the classroom. 

Surprisingly, Sehun placed his bag over his shoulder and scurried towards the other door so he could catch up with Ms. Oh. Unfortunately, he bumped into a guy whom he had never seen in class before. Sehun was about to ignore him but the strange guy didn't let him pass. The guy with the curly bangs blocked Sehun's way playfully as he moved from side to side at the doorstep. 

"What do you want?" Sehun asked in defeat, rolling his eyes at the annoying latter.

The boy with curls smiled in victory. "You have an amazing talent," he held up his hand that was holding a piece of paper. Sehun widened his eyes when he saw his fail attempt in drawing on a stranger's hand. "Luhan looks really cute in here, Mr. Oh Sehun."

"Give that back to me!" Sehun yanked his belonging back furiously. "Don't touch my things." 

"I just picked that up outside," the boy explained. "I never meant to-" 

"Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo cut in and grabbed his friend's arm. 

"Kyungsoo, he's mad at me." Chanyeol pouted.

Sehun easily got annoyed by the way Chanyeol whipped his permed bangs to the side. 

"Don't fight you two!" Kyungsoo looked at Sehun. "S-Sehun, do you want to go with us?" He asked doubtingly.

"No." Sehun turned his back immediately but stopped when a pang of guilt suddenly hit him. "Actually," he spun around. "Where are you guys going?" Well, it wouldn't hurt to try. 

Kyungsoo looked more than happy as he led the way to the old club room. The lights from the lanterns were already on when they got there. Old members from the manga club gathered inside with their books and bags. Sehun and Chanyeol followed Kyungsoo's steps.

Sehun's jaw dropped in awe as he looked around his surroundings. The old wooden walls that seemed poorly made (but not to the point that it would collapse) was a little bit distracting, but nonetheless the sticky notes, pictures and drawings taped against the wall caught his attention. There was only one person he assumed would put the pictures on the wall. The only person he knew who loved to take snapshots and wouldn't even care if someone looks ugly in the picture was Luhan.

"Luhan put all of that before the club disbanded," Kyungsoo said behind.

Sehun let his fingers skim across the photographs against the wall. He couldn't help but be slightly amused at the little things Luhan had caught with his camera. There were stolen snapshots like some dorky faces of his club members eating while doing an activity, Chanyeol cheerfully showing off his masterpiece of a bacon to the members, a frustrated Kyungsoo staring at his own drawing and some group pictures with people Sehun didn't recognize. He paused by the time his fingers reached the last picture at the very edge.

Luhan and Eunjoo's photograph together.

Sehun's smile faded away in a glimpse of an eye. "Eunjoo wasn't really a member of the club," Kyungsoo explained. "But she used to come and visit. Luhan idolized her very much, that's why he put up their picture together."

"Actually, Luhan liked her, a lot. He was inspired to make his own manga because of her," one of the members noted.

"I don't think so Kris," a boy with straight shoulder-length hair standing next to Kris disapproved the statement given. "Luhan didn't even cry at her funeral!" He revealed.

"Well who knows? What if he was just holding back the tears, dope?" Kris questioned sarcastically, adjusting his colorful glasses as he glared back at the boy's puffy eyes. 

"Don't call me a dope! I have a name and it's Tao, you noob!" Tao pointed at the latter accusingly.

"Did you just call me a noob?!" Kris yelled. The other members pulled them away from each other before the two end up brawling. 

"Okay guys, calm down. No fighting!" Chanyeol crossed his arms like a boss as he stepped in between Kris and Tao. "It's not important whether Luhan cried or not at the funeral. It's all in the past now and you know if Luhan hears you talking about him like that, you'll be a dead meat before dawn." He warned as his normal tone of voice changed into a creepy guttural sound.  "Or else, you might wake up in a coffin one day. Missing in the eyes of the investigators when the truth is, your body is just buried hopelessly underground without anyone's knowing," he finished with a sudden click of his fingers. 

Another boy with spiky h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter