the darkness.

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Why?

Why are you there?

Why can I see you?

Why do I think that you're alive because you're standing there yet you look exactly the same from the time I last saw you sleeping in that coffin?

You're scaring me, Baekhyun.

Is this all because of me, Baekhyun?”

 

"You're not happy to see me?”

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“You're really not glad to see me?”

 

“I am. But y-you were dead.

You were gone.”

 

The blonde boy with the deadly gloom on his face laughed at the taller man’s statement.

 

“I was never gone, hyung.
I was always in your mind and your heart.
In your soul.
You always called out for my name.
So I always found my way back to you.
Besides you still owe me, hyung.

You didn't go home with me last time.
Let's go home together today.”

 

 

 


 

How was it even possible? His twin brother who was murdered 6 months ago was standing up there, smiling at him as if nothing happened? Sehun wasn't even sure either he should smile back or scold him. He looked so human in his slim figure yet so lifeless with skin so deadly pale. Was it even possible for the dead to come back to life? Or was it just his delirium causing him to see things that were unlikely to happen other than the popular girl jumping off the building?

The classes were canceled that day. Students gathered to see the smashed body of the popular girl while the others refused to see the bloody scene. It took Sehun a long time to take a step forward and see if what happened in front of him was for real. Perhaps she's still alive and standing. For all one knows it could be just a lame act the girl was playing. Eunjoo looked like that kind of person anyway. Sehun thought.

Upon seeing her stiff body and limbs sprawled on the ground with blood everywhere, Sehun was beyond horrified.

It was all Baekhyun's doing, his little angel, wasn't it?

The memory flashed back to him.

Baekhyun's smirk.

Baekhyun standing behind the girl.

He was clearly provoking her.

For what?

For who?

For Sehun.

For him!

The next thing he knew, he was already on the ground as darkness completely took over him.

For a very long time, he wished he would never wake up again. It would be better that way. He wished he would just sleep forever and meet his innocent twin brother somewhere in his dreams. His dreams had always been better than reality anyway. He didn't have to feel pain. He didn't have to frown all the time. In his dreams, he can laugh for as long as he wants and with a reason. He can do almost anything (like eat as many as he wants or sleep for as long as he wants without worrying about school the next day) and no one can take that freedom away from him. In his dreams, he's holding hands with his twin brother. In his dreams, anything is possible. He can be with him forever. He can smile. He can protect him. Maybe he can even turn back the time, back to when Baekhyun was alive.

In reality.

He's useless.

Helpless.

He's nothing special to anyone but to Baekhyun and yet he couldn't protect the only person who made him feel so special. 

Sehun doesn't remember how he got on that bed in the school's infirmary. Needless to say, he could only remember Eunjoo's dead body and him losing consciousness on the spot.

Someone probably carried him there while he was unconscious, but what about Eunjoo? Did they already take away her body? How would her parents react to this?

Sehun noticed the time on his wristwatch. It was already 3 in the afternoon. He got up immediately, gripping his head when he felt it throbbing but only briefly. And that’s when he noticed the familiar ghostly figure standing near the bed post.

He was still wearing the same uniform like the last time. For a moment, he looked so close to the latter, as if they were just inches apart. When Sehun attempted on touching him, Baekhyun stepped back a little farther whilst humming Sehun’s favorite bedtime lullaby. Sehun was frozen. His jaw dropped open as he watched Baekhyun smiling sincerely at him, as if securing him that everything was going to be okay.

Baekhyun sustained with his sweet humming.

Later, he disappeared in thin air and yet Sehun could still hear him.

He felt so scared, lost and confused as if he's trapped in between his dreams and reality. He covered his ears, hoping it would stop his twin’s sweet humming voice from storming in his ears.

Stop it. Please make it stop. 

 

The following day, Sehun arrived to school a little bit late. He went straight to the infirmary to get some more rest since he didn’t have enough sleep last night for brooding too much about the incident and his dead twin brother suddenly reappearing.

He had told the nurse that he wasn’t feeling well (which was true), so he was welcomed to sleep on one of the beds. He was asked if he needed something else but Sehun only shook his head, wearing that same cold face even as he laid himself down. Soon, he drifted into sleep.

He was just tired. So tired.

He shouldn’t have gone to school, but he did anyway.

He should have known earlier not to show up in school and stay on his bed instead. 

Sehun was then awakened by a loud slam of the door.

He flinched quickly when he heard booming voices in the room. One was of a guy's and the other of a girl. They were arguing with the school nurse who forbid them to visit their classmate- who was no other than him (unfortunately): Sehun.

The guy's name was Inguk, and he was Eunjoo's ex-boyfriend. Eunjoo broke up with him for no apparent reason, leaving him confounded. Surely, he came to confront the innocent new student who might have caused his ex-girlfriend's suicide. Apart from the fact that he caught the two together the other day, there were also rumors spreading like wildfire in the campus in which Sehun was condemned by the students about Eunjoo’s suicide. The person who raised that ruckus in the campus probably had nothing better to do, but he/she surely did a good job.

Sehun wanted to scream at everyone and tell them that it wasn’t his fault. He didn't even say anything wrong to the girl nor did he offend her in any ways possible that would lead her to commit suicide. 

It's not Baekhyun's fault either... Sehun convinced himself. 

"Why not? We just want to see him! I heard he rejected Eunjoo! And Eunjoo was trying to tell him something through text! If it's not his fault, then why is he hiding here?!" Naeun, one of Eunjoo's girlfriends, shouted at the nurse, completely losing her temper and respect for the adult nurse.  She could still recall how happy Eunjoo was the night before the suicide as she was blabbering nonstop about the new guy texting her. If she was happy, then what made her commit suicide all of a sudden? What was she even trying to say in her unsent message for Sehun? Something must have happened between the two. Hence, she decided that Sehun had to do something about it.

There was no doubt. The tall man passed out that night. He skipped class the whole day and went home. And then now, he chose to stay in the school infirmary, away from the judging eyes of his classmates? If he wasn’t guilty, he wouldn’t con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter