final chapter.

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was scary. The thought of losing someone important to him again. The thought of losing Luhan.

Sehun didn't want to let go of the hand that saved him; he vowed to stay right beside its owner and do whatever to keep the boy alive. He wanted to scream when paramedics forced him on another stretcher, away from the boy. Nevertheless, his voice wouldn't come out, as if it was afraid of something. In that moment, assuring himself that Luhan would be okay seemed like an impossible task to do.

"No..." he cried quietly. "I have to stay with him. He needs me," he muttered weakly as they pulled him away from the unconscious boy. "I can't lose him again. I don't wanna lose him..."

* * *

 

4 years later.

 

"I can't believe that's it!" Mei suddenly exclaimed. She was reading a manga from her new favorite manga artist whom her best friend Kai liked to call as he-who-must-not-be-named for some odd reason. The fourth volume of the manga had just come out a week ago, and Mei was already dying to know what would happen in the next volume. Can't the manga artist draw a little faster?! She was literally drooling over the table at the library, dying for the next chapter, and Kai was just looking at her, annoyed.

"I can't believe you like those kinds of stories. It sounds like trash to me and his art isn't even that good," criticized Kai, a manga hater. Or more like, the number one hater of he-who-must-not-be-named.

"You're just jealous 'because you can't make your own!" Mei snapped as a matter-of-factly, and scanned the book again to show him something. Once she found the page she was looking for, she shoved it right onto Kai's face. "And because they finally kissed on this page! Ha-ha!" Kai groaned in disapproval, throwing the book on the floor which almost made Mei cry. "Why don't you ship them?" Mei asked in a scared tiny voice, then she said, "Everyone ships Hunhan even though it's awkward for us who are their friends to see both of their names in a book. I know Luhan's not here anymore, but this book reminds them of him. It reminds me of him. The way he-who-must-not-be-named described Luhan's character is so unbelievably accurate, it makes me miss our best friend more. If Luhan finds out that you don't like it because he's in it, he'll get really offended and hurt. Do you not care about his feelings anymore?"

Mei was anticipating an answer. An honest one. However, Kai literally just brushed her off by staring at the book cover spread on the floor. He probably didn't even hear her. It's not like she was blaming him though. She just really missed having both of her best friends and seeing them together like before.

It's been four years since the last incidents; when some of their classmates were murdered, when Sehun attempted suicide, and when Luhan disappeared before Graduation. That's right. Luhan disappeared. Nobody knew where he or his family lived. They asked Yixing about the family's whereabouts but the teacher simply told them he hadn't heard about Luhan since the boy's mother dumped him. The only and last thing they heard about Luhan was that he was sent to another country for surgery. Whether he survived or not, none of his friends knows – yet.

It's been four years since the club members went to College without Luhan. Some of them already graduated and found stable jobs, the others probably shifted to another major. Everyone from Luhan's manga/manhwa club, except Chanyeol, went to the same University, only with different majors. Everyone’s keeping in touch somehow. Chanyeol decided not to go to college though and told everyone that he had other plans for his future. The next thing they know he was already travelling around the world. Well, at least Chanyeol's alive, that's for sure.

But how about Luhan? They could only wonder what happened to him and his family. It was no use asking Yixing or Sehun about that matter. Neither of them could give them an answer. That's probably why Kai hates Sehun so much; although Kai doesn't necessarily show it in public, he seems to ignore the dark-haired boy a lot. Sehun doesn't mind that one doesn't appreciate his presence. It's been four years and he has pretty much gotten over it.

Everyone can tell he's changed. Sehun smiles again. He joins activities and makes friends on his own now. He goes out sometimes, but spends most of his time working or visiting his twin brother's grave.

It's been four years since his brother's ghost stopped showing up in front of him. It's been so long since he last heard his voice, asking for his forgiveness and for Sehun to forgive himself. Whenever Sehun visits his brother's grave, he'd hear those words repeatedly, and feel a little braver every time. Baekhyun would say, "I'm sorry for blaming you, hyung. It's just that... I was lonely and I missed you so much. I couldn't bear the thought of being in a world without you. It was so dark and lonely. I couldn't bear the sight of you being with someone else. I'm sorry for being selfish. Please forgive me and please don't blame yourself anymore. It wasn't your fault, hyung. Always remember that. I want you to be happy, that is why I am letting you go. I'll be happy too, so don't worry about me, okay? This time, you can follow your heart without worrying about your little twin brother, hyung."

Follow your heart...

Four years since his first love disappeared from that bed. No one warned him Luhan would be gone the next day after the incident. All he could do was pray and follow his heart instead of restricting himself in finding happiness and freedom. Because he realized after all that neither Baekhyun nor Luhan would want him to live an isolated existence. Hence, Sehun didn't give up on Luhan. Some people would often tell him to give up, that Luhan must have died during surgery, that there was no way he would survive again after how many cardiac arrests. Nonetheless, Sehun believed in his heart. Luhan is alive, that's what he genuinely believed. He's been studying and working hard so he could find the blonde as soon as possible. He decided not to shut everyone out and eventually allowed people to help him. With the help of old and new friends, his hope and bravery grew stronger. He went to college and started making his own manga, naming its leading character Luhan. His manga became a hit almost immediately, making his friends and brother proud. After graduating, he instantly got hired at a manga and comics company. Before that, he published his own books and eagerly hoped that the Luhan would stumble upon it and find him one day.

Sometimes he'd visit Baekhyun and ask what he thinks about the last chapters he made. Sometimes he'd just tell him about his day or about his feeling as though Luhan is about to find his way back to him after reading his book. Sometimes he'd tell him about his worries, like what if they were right about Luhan? He'd think Baekhyun's not there listening and watching him, but Baekhyun is always there whenever he visits. Baekhyun always listens and back hugs him before he leaves his tomb. Then one day, Sehun heard his brother's voice along with the wind and the dancing trees.

"Have a great day, hyung."

His coat fluttered as the wind blew past him. Sehun e last time before putting on a wide satisfied grin on his face and running off to catch his train.

I hope you're having a great time as well, Baekhyun.

Sehun went on the train in a better mood that day. Although it was crowded inside and he had to stand for a long time before he could get to his destination, the thought of Baekhyun's smile and words made his day. The other passengers probably thought he was a little bit crazy for being giggly by himself. Fortunately, they got off one by one, leaving Sehun with the empty seats surrounding him and one asleep passenger at the corner with a book covering his face. "Well, okay..." Sehun mumbled awkwardly before recognizing the book cover. "That's my book...." he said almost aloud, luckily, he managed to keep his volume down and sat down, bottling up his excitement.

I hope that person enjoyed reading it even though it seems like he fell asleep right in the middle of the book. Sehun thought while stealing glances at the unconscious. I'll just think positive and say he liked it. He smiled while thinking so, then he leaned his back against the chair and crossed his arms relaxingly before closing his eyes for a snooze.

A few minutes later, Sehun was already in his dreamland. The other passenger who was sleeping earlier was now up and standing in front of him with a look as if Sehun had something that he wanted. Was it Sehun's wallet? Phone? Or the brand-new coat? Well... this passenger can't be a thief. He had nice clothes and he seemed like a decent man, except his blonde shoulder-length hair was messy since he literally just woke up.

The blonde guy sighed with a sleepy face. "You shouldn't be sleeping in a train," he said and plopped down next to Sehun. He pulled out his own phone and checked Sehun's pockets for an earphone. "I knew it!" he exclaimed in awe once he found the earphone. "Sorry, but I'm gon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter