dead heart.

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Neither of them asked for this. Sehun wanted forgiveness. Luhan wanted peace.

And then Baekhyun... it seemed like he wanted attention, but the truth is, he wanted more than that.

He wanted his life back.

Alas, it was something the bitter world couldn't return to him.

 

The school was crowded and messy. Everyone once again gathered in one place, murmuring as they gossip about the current undesirable incident. It was the dead body of Muyoung hung from a tree in school. Just when everyone thought everything was going back to normal, another death comes up to bring more fear to people. The police officers assumed it was suicide, but none could figure out the reason. Muyoung wasn't lonely, he had a lot of friends, so what exactly went wrong? People wondered. After bearing the news, Luhan's club gathered in their room, all of them looked gloomy. The first thing that Kai noticed was his best friend's absence. He felt ashamed and guilty. Was Luhan absent because he literally pushed him into the pool? That could be possible too, but considering Muyoung's baffling suicide and his unconscious attempted murder on Luhan, somehow something didn't feel right. Kai began to worry.

Yixing entered the room in an instant. He felt just as troubled and scared as everyone else in that room, but he managed to keep a calm expression. Once he informed everyone that classes were canceled for the day, Kai dashed out of the room rather apprehensively, startling his friends.

"Luhan's not here?" Yixing quickly asked when he didn't see the said boy.

"No," Kyungsoo was the one who replied with slight hesitation. "Sehun's not here too," he added.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol suddenly spoke tensely, as if he'd realize something no one ever did.

"What?" Everyone asked in unison. "Who?"

"Sehun's twin brother," Chanyeol responded, his voice was trembling with fear. He had a bad feeling. He had an urge to supply everyone with the little things he knew, but he was dithering. Would they think he's crazy? Or would they believe him? Perhaps, they'll think I'm crazy. He thought as he shook his head, brushing off the topic. "Forget what I just said, I'm going home first," he muttered before heading out, leaving everyone hanging.

* * *

"Damn Luhan. Please answer your phone."

It was Kai. He was panting and running with the phone on his left ear. It had been a few minutes since then, still his call was always sent to voicemail. Luhan wasn't answering his call. He tried for the nth time, but it was still the same. It was worrying him to death. What if something bad happened to him? Kai would never forgive himself. He had to make sure Luhan was safe, so he doesn't stop calling. "Damn it. Are you just being deaf or what? Why aren't you answering your damn phone??!!" he screamed. Just a little bit more, he thought, I'm coming to you. You better be fine...

 

Few seconds later, he hears his voice. Luhan's voice sounded so weak and far away.

"Kai?"

Kai slowed down to listen. He could hear his own heart racing and his breath hitching over his chest, but he focused on one voice. But the voice of his best friend wasn't the usual sweet and energetic Luhan, so it made him feel more anxious. As soon as he heard Luhan's rapid breath against the phone, he found himself running in fast-pace again. He could sense something was wrong. Like he was losing him. He didn't want to lose him after all.

"Luhan, hold on. I'm coming over to your house!" Kai half-shouted.

"K-Kai?"

"Luhan? Are you okay? Are you alone? How are you feeling? Are you hurt somewhere? Listen, I'm coming over to your house. I need you to hold my call while I call the ambulance - " he stopped when he heard a gasp.

"Please save him," cried Luhan suddenly. It made Kai stop on his track.

"What do you mean?" asked Kai curiously, but nonetheless, it didn't seem like Luhan could hear him at all.

"I- I called the ambulance but I don't think they could h-hear me," the boy on the phone continued sobbing and gasping for breath. "Please Kai, I need your help. If you can hear me right now, please help me contact someone. Sehun's bleeding. He stabbed himself and he's unconscious."

"What? What happened?"

"Please save him," Luhan was begging. "He's gonna die. I don't want him to die."

Kai looked dismal and for a second he wanted to end the call out of jealousy, but... "I'm asking you, what exactly happened, Luhan?!" Kai was outraged of his feelings. No matter what, even if Luhan rejects him repeatedly, he wanted to protect his best friend. Hearing Luhan's sobs was hurting him more than anyone could ever imagine.

"I don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter