Crystal

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*This chapter will take place a week after what happened in the previous chapter (chapter10)

*Baekhyun  red

*Luhan -blue

 

 

 

 

 

It's been a while...

 

How have you been, boy?

 

How does it feel to steal someone else's property?

 

I don't understand...

 

Where am I?

 

Why is it dark in here?

 

You were being clumsy and  fell down the stairs, dear Luhan. 

 

Wait, actually no. 

 

I pushed you down the stairs.

 

What?

 

Why?

 

What did I do to you?

 

Why would you?

 

Who are you?

 

You don't remember my voice?

 

I've been haunting you for almost a month now...

 

Your voice?

 

Do you remember anything at all?

 

Do you remember entering someone else's house? 

 

Do you remember your intentions?

 

How dare you, you wretch?

 

Shameless.

 

You think you can find something useful about me?

 

You think you can take my Sehun from me? 

 

Shameless ignorant boy.

 

You're nothing.

 

So stop it.

 

Stop dreaming.

 

Stay away from my Sehun...

 

 

Your Sehun?

 

Who are you to him? 

 

 

 

Stay away from us.

 

 

Just stay away from us.

 

He's mine.

 

What if I don't want to? 

 

You die. 

 

 

Sehun was awakened by Luhan's scream, "AAAHH!" 

Sehun jolted up anxiously as he squeezed the boy's freezing hand with his warm one and wiped the sweat off the latter's forehead with his other hand.

Luhan heaved as he panted. His eyes were perpetually unfocused. He thought he saw two people looking down on him. He knew one of them would be Sehun since he recognized the latter's frantic voice calling for him but the person next to Sehun was what bothered him most. That person had a mysterious aura, something essentially dark that caused Luhan's breath to hitch with fear.

"Luhan, it's okay. It's just me Sehun. Luhan, please look at me," Sehun mumbled with shaky voice. He leaned closer so Luhan could see him behind those shimmery orbs. "Just breathe. Take a deep breath. You're fine... It was just a bad dream. Focus on me, Luhan." He smiled in relief when Luhan's gaze relaxed toward him. 

"S-Sehun?" Luhan faltered. "W-what h-happened?"

"You stumbled on the stairs. Luckily, I caught you before you could hit the floor." Sehun ruffled Luhan's damp with sweat hair. "Just be careful next time, okay?"

Luhan closed his eyes as he tried to remember some fragments of his nightmare. Back where it was dark and he was alone, when someone suddenly spoke to him and eventually shoved his heart out. Luhan shook his head and looked at Sehun again - but this time - he seemed more terrified. "Someone pushed me," he blurted out.

Sehun opened his mouth to react but Luhan cut him off almost suddenly.

"Someone pushed me down the stairs, Sehun. You didn't see that person?" Luhan stuttered with eyes wide and teary. 

"Lu...Luhan," Sehun tried. "There was no one else upstairs. Everyone was watching TV when you asked to go to the bathroom and I followed you because I wanted to make sure you'd find it. But no one else was upstairs, Luhan. My aunt is out until midnight. I invited you and the others here for an advanced Christmas celebration before you all go to your own families. But I swear, no one pushed you..." Sehun said with a concerned look. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"R-Really?"

"It was just a bad dream. Don't worry about it," Sehun reassured him. "Anyway, Mr. Zhang should be here soon. Kai must be very worried too. He's downstairs. I'll go tell them that you're already awake, okay? Wait here..."

"No. I'll get up," Luhan said quickly, pulling his hand back as he managed to sit up by himself. "They don't need to go up here."

"Alright then," Sehun agreed as he stood up. "Let's go. I'll walk you down the stairs."

Luhan chuckled nervously. "Hey, I just fainted. I can still walk by myself."

"You said I take care of you and you take care of me..." Sehun smiled faintly. "I'm just keeping a promise." He finished before extending an arm toward the smaller boy. 

"I see..." Luhan sighed in defeat as he grabbed hold of Sehun's hand. "B-by the way," Luhan added hesitantly. "Is this your room, Sehun?"

"Uh, no it's not." Sehun shook his head then pulled Luhan up. "This is our g-guest room."

"Guest room?"

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Luhan got back in Mr. Zhang's apartment, he went straight to his small room and studied - or at least pretended to study before Mr. Zhang could scold him again for being negligent in his studies. 

Luhan was indeed grateful that Mr. Zhang allowed him to stay there. His mother apparently had no choice if her son wasn't interested in staying out of school. Luhan was just glad he was given the chance to resume schooling while trying to maintain his health at the same time as much as possible, but he also felt sad and guilty for leaving his little sister behind albeit Sehun promised to play with Hani - and he believed the latter had been doing that while he was away. 

Luhan then grabbed a highligter and opened his book. He read the first sentence out loud and then the next on his mind. After one paragraph, he gave up and looked at the picture frames in front of him. One of them was his family picture with Hani and his mother and the other one was a group picture with Sehun, Kai and their other friends which they took right after Mr. Zhang announced the return of his club. 

It had been a week since. Luhan would always remember the little surprise they prepared for him. And Sehun's drawing that he kept in the club room. He didn't mind when other people judged how gay it looked because to him it was the most beautiful piece he had ever seen in his life. Oh how he envied Sehun's talent. How he wished Sehun would draw something for him again... but he had stopped thinking about that lately. 

He remembered back at Hani's school. When he saw the ghost standing behind Sehun as if it was the latter's other half. Luhan didn't say anything else after that. They just walked home and bid their goodbyes later. Luhan had tried asking Sehun about it, but he couldn't come up with the right words to say so as not to offfend Sehun or something like that. He ended up keeping his mouth shut and studying the whole week albeit Sehun always offered to walk him back to Mr. Zhang's apartment and he'd always let him.

Luhan had been trying to distract himself by studying more - but the more he studied, the more he missed Sehun's presence. The way Sehun walked him home after school everyday, the way he'd hold his hand and say 'see you again tomorrow' and every other little things Sehun did just to make him smile. Then he'd end up texting Sehun and they'd text until one of them falls asleep - and Luhan was usually the first one to drift into sleep. 

Today, however, Luhan had planned to sneak in Sehun's room, probably to check if there was something useful he could find - something about the man from his nightmares though he desperately hoped he'd find nothing related to that so that he can just assume that ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter